Sign in to follow this  
Xudeedi

Ceelaayo: Somalia's First Marine Institute (Coming Soon)

Xudeedi   

Ceelaayo:Waxaa lasoo gabagabeeyey mashruucii mudada la sugayey ee ku saabsanaa aasaaska machadka lagu barto cilmiga badaha (Marine Institute) oo isugu jira dhowr qaybood iyo xarun lagu tababaro ilaalada baddaha (Coast Guard) oo laga hirgelindoono magaalooyinka Ceelaayo iyo Laasqoray. Machadkan wuxuu ka kooban yahay dhowr qaybood oo ay ka mid yihiin:

Barashada Cilmiga baddaha,

Maamulka iyo maaraynta khayraadka badda,

Cilmiga farsamada gacanta ee ku saabsan baddaha sida sameynta iyo dayactirka doonyaha, iwm.

Qaybta kale ee tababarada ciidamada Ilaalada Badda (Coast Guard) ayaa iyana waxay ka kooban tahay dhowr qaybood oo ay ka mid yihiin:

Tababarka ciidanka Ilaalada Badda

Tababarka badmaaxayaasha iyo shaqaalaha doonyaha iyo maraakiibta

Gurmadka deg dega ah ee ku saabsan badda

Arinta machadkan oo ay in mud ah hawshiisu socotay ayaa hadda lasoo gabagabeeyey ka dib markii lagu guuleystay oo la helay hawlihii uu machadku u baahnaa intii badnayd. Machadkani waa kii ugu horeeyey oo noociisa ah oo laga hirgeliyo Soomaaliya wuxuuna waxtar weyn ka geysan doonaa sidii wax looga qaban lahaa dhibaatada ka jirta baddaha Soomaaliya sida budhcad badeeda iyo weliba sidii ay si cilmiyeysan ay kaluumaysatada Soomaaliyeed ugaga faa’iideysan lahaayeen khayraadka ku jira baddaha Soomaaliya.

Dhaqaalaha iyo xirfadaha lagu aasaasayo machadkan waxaa hormuud ka ah hay’ada Sahan Relief and Development Organization oo la kaashanaysa muwaadiniin Soomaaliyeed, dawlada dhexe ee Soomaaliya, dawlada Puntland, iyo hay’ado iyo jaamacado shishiiye. Waxaa kale oo taageeraya wadamo badan oo daneeya horumarka Soomaaliya kuwaas oo diyaar la ah in ay ku tabarucaan aqoonyahano khibrad u leh arrimaha baddaha.

Machadkani wuxuu noqon doonaa mid ay kawada faa’iideystaan umada Soomaaliyeed meelkasta oo ay ka joogaan.

Wixii faahfaahin dheeraad ah, fadlan halkan kala xiriira:

Jamal M Hassan

info@sahanrelief.org

613-286-7218

Cowke   

Amistad, Untill this is verified by other puntland media, I wouldn't believe it!!! Sanaagpost is not really that reliable when it comes to quality journalism.

Ps: For some reason all news media that from waqoyi are really untrustworthy, that is why you never see many people sourcing their material. Quality media that is trusted by all news agencies domestic and international are always 90% koonfuur based!!!

So always be weary of waqoyi news they don't seem to adhere to standard media practises!!!

COWKE:

For some reason all news media that from waqoyi are really untrustworthy, that is why you never see many people sourcing their material. Quality media that is trusted by all news agencies domestic and international are always 90% koonfuur based!!!

HOW PATHETIC!

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Cowke:

Amistad, Untill this is verified by other puntland media, I wouldn't believe it!!! Sanaagpost is not really that reliable when it comes to quality journalism.

Ps: For some reason all news media that from waqoyi are really untrustworthy, that is why you never see many people sourcing their material. Quality media that is trusted by all news agencies domestic and international are always 90% koonfuur based!!!

So always be weary of waqoyi news they don't seem to adhere to standard media practises!!!

You insulted our intelligence ee xaal na sii and that is only haddaad garanayso what indeed xaal means?

Originally posted by Koora-Tuunshe:

COWKE:

quote:

For some reason all news media that from waqoyi are really untrustworthy, that is why you never see many people sourcing their material. Quality media that is trusted by all news agencies domestic and international are always 90% koonfuur based!!!

HOW PATHETIC!
Brothers, dont mind Cowke, he cant hide the fact that he is not a Puntlander.

Great post ya Xudeedi. :D

Cowke   

If this news is true I am happy for them but I doubt it's authencity however what I will say regarding makhir sitation is all their learned people live abroad not 1 of them is based in makhir and the very few who are based in makhir you never see any accountability whatsoever all because of the TOL factor!!!

Cade Muse was right when he said "cowska bay cunan" it wasn't an insult but a reality on what is on the ground, no wax-garad means no progress. Its pointless having your waxgarads all abroad or having very few inside your land which you are not even holding accountable!!!

By the way I have no beef with makhiris infact when cade muse was going to war with them in majiyahan my sub sub-clan of the kings said "we won't participate in this war" and cade said "why" and our elder said "habarta na dhashey weeye makhir" meaning we come from bah lineage of makhiris in-particular the ones in dhahar who cade was warring with!!!

Cade finally responded "well you guys were fighting the abdullahi yusuf people in garowe" why would u refuse to join this war against makhiris. Our elder told him "when u fight your bah side of the family, i will fight my bah side of the family" sidaas ayuu ku dhamaday sheekadas and we didn't participate in the majiyahan incident but the other kings did!!!

^^^You talk bare breeze lad, the men in this post including the author are authentic individuals, you are a fake, wannabe. So keep your nonsense adeer.

Anywho, again, you get upset at any real progress.

Cowke   

General, I don't want to get my hopes up and say excellent and find out it's not really true, untill I read it from reliable sources I simply won't says congratulations!!!

There is alot junk-material that i never post. Remember that hafza thing, what happened? sxb i am realist not fantasy liver if I was i would be in hargeisa lol!!!

The reality is I don't want to hear lovely lovely stuff that aint true, but i wanna hear reality reality stuff that is true because i am not man who lives in fantasy.

As for being wanna-be even if i am why does that bother u? I already told you i am tumaal who is sheegato but i love puntland end of story!!

Ps: By the way sxb u dont determine who i am, when infact it was my fathers who determined who you were!!

^^^ Adeer the way you talk about "my fathers" and the divisive language, false stories you come here with, only highlights that you are nothing more than a mole. On every thread it's the same thing.

Keep it up, no Puntlander in here beloved you. You need to try harder and post more positive topics about the state.

Also don't try to divide the people of Puntland, I am, Makhir & they are reer, Mudug. They are my brothers, allies and kin.

Again go talk for someone else lad.

This guy so mixed up walaahi,,, laakiin he is right on the reliability thing of the source,,,,BTW when did Cade said Cawska thing Cawke? that must be very harsh to Tolka :D

NASSIR   

^don't worry, an ignorant old man's vitriol has/had no weight other than exposing the sickness in his heart and the powerlessness of his narrow base to achieve a shady deal that would have probably given him a chance to enrich himself in so short a time. (It's all in past). The people he insulted (for I commented on his remarks at the time here in Sol) lived in a region whose per capita income was very high compared to any regions of PL and how they in fact dominate the thriving business communities of Bosaso, Erigavo, Las Qoray & Badhan.

As to the news, this is by far the best public project to have been proposed and accepted (soon to be undertaken) ever since the collapse of the Somali state. It's a capacity building institute that will give professional training and skills to any prospective student from the coastal communities as to how to easily deploy a new technology and tap our marine resources and support small businesses or an established fishing industry like the Las Qoray fish canning plant and many others that may emerge. Skills in Marine Science is definately what our people need given the very long coast our country is blessed with. The problems of the criminal high-seas piracy in Puntland and Somalia are largely due to the effects of our recurring draught problems that continue to wipe out our livestock every year and the clan conflict over scarce water and green pasture thus the dismal socio-economic condition that characterizes Somalia.

According to this report by Jamal, the communication coordinator of Sahan Relief and Development Organization, the institute (once built and start functioning with the funding they have now secured from donors and interested affiliations) aims to accomplish key objectives in two main technical colleges:

The first one has three specific fields of study. 1. Marine Science. 2. Resource Management. 3. Vocational skills on repair maintenance and how to manufacture small boats.

The second college sounds like a naval academy that is to give a direct professional training to would-be future coast guards or marine officers of Somalia. 1. Training for new armed Coast Guards. 2. Health and Emergency Response training. 3. And Seafaring and Fishing skills.

Job well done..

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Why do i have the feeling that Cowke & Xaaji-xunjuf are the same ?? ,,,,
:D

Cawke is a young man with a lot of passion for his ancestral land so I'll rather discount his faux pass than hold him accountable. It's his own judged egalitarian, independent and honest views as every other member does.

Btw, the report is not from a website but from the implementing agency itself.

Cowke   

UN trust fund backs projects in fight against piracy off Somali coast

23 April 2010 – A United Nations trust fund set up as part of the international fight against maritime piracy today announced plans to support a series of five projects that are aimed at assisting Somalia and its neighbours to tackle the scourge.

B. Lynn Pascoe, Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs and chair of the Board of the Trust Fund to Support Initiatives of States Countering Piracy off the Coast of Somalia, unveiled $2.1 million of projects after a meeting of the fund at UN Headquarters in New York.

The five projects being backed by the fund, which was set up in January by the Contact Group on Piracy off the Coast of Somalia, are focused largely on efforts to prosecute piracy suspects.

Four projects will help strengthen institutions in the Seychelles and the autonomous Somali regions of Puntland and Somaliland in such areas as mentoring prosecutors and police, building and renovating prisons, reviewing domestic laws in piracy and increasing the capacity of local courts. A fifth project aims to help local media disseminate anti-piracy messages within Somalia.

The Seychelles, as well as Kenya, has become a regional centre for the prosecution of pirates, who menace the coast of Somalia and disrupt international shipping routes near the Horn of Africa.

Mr. Pascoe stressed today that the piracy off the Somali coast has become a problem not just for the immediate region, but for the wider world as well.

“Prosecuting suspected pirates is an important piece of the international strategy to combat the problem,” he said, adding that the fund needs fresh donations so that it can back other projects in the future.

Already it has established an emergency funding facility that offsets the costs involved in prosecuting piracy suspects, such as travel expenses for witnesses, court equipment and the transport of suspects.

The fund has 10 voting members – Djibouti, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Kenya, the Marshall Islands, Norway, Somalia and the United States. It also has three non-voting UN members – the International Maritime Organization (IMO), the UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) and the UN Country Team for Somalia.

Source: UN

This the only projects i am aware off regarding projects to defeat piracy and it doesn't say that a marine facility being built in Ceelayo/lasqoray but that law-enforcement on land will be streghtened!!! Plus It's very vague as it says puntland/somaliland. Where in Puntland? Where in Somaliland? berbera or ceelayo. Gara'ad or Eyl?

This Marine facility hasn't be raised up on any donor websites I am aware of!!! Therefore I don't really buy it!!!