Sign in to follow this  
Nationalist

Pland presidential elections

NGONGE   

^^^ I didn’t interpret it as an attack, saaxib. Yours sounded more like a distrustful defence (this is what I meant). My query was an innocent one (honest). smile.gif

first choice foe me is Mohamed Abdi Hashi and second choice for me would be Gen Cadde Musse Boqor.I have been speaking to quite a lot of folks from the region of puntland i am from in Mudug and they all seem to prefer Hashi as their first choice.The same could be said for the people of oter provinces in puntland.Good luck to him he deserves the post!.

Puntland was much better when it was under the rule of the Ittixaad (wadaadada). I have no confidence in a wayward "waranle".

An absurd statement, first Alitxad only controled Bossaso for a very short period and not the present day state of Puntland The second is people in the Northeast found it hard

to accept Xasan Dahir and his group who ignored what was taking place in the south and yet tried to loot the money of the port of Bossaso for their own ends.

It is disapointing that some are still trying to convince us that what is happening in SOOL, SANAG and CAYN is the fault of President Yusuf, while totally ignoring the fact that it was Hargaysa that is vainly trying to go back to the glory dies of British rule.

It is disapointing that some are still trying to convince us that what is happening in SOOL, SANAG and CAYN is the fault of President Yusuf, while totally ignoring the fact that it was Hargaysa that is vainly trying to go back to the glory dies of British rule.

hear hear hear!!!!!You hit the spot smith....

Originally posted by Nationalist:

From Galkayo to Bosaso he's the Atatürk of Pland. The headfigure of the SSDF the de facto backbone of Pland's government appratus. He defended the people of the northeast, brought them together and provided them peace and prosperity as the first president of Pland state of Somalia.

From reading that, its understandable how you earned an A+ in Galkacyo School of Indoctrination. Save us the sermon, I'm sure I've heard it all before on AllPuntland.com!

Gabbal   

Nationalist no harm intended bro, but do you honestly believe Abdulahi Yusuf was the true democratic leader as opposed to say Jamac Cali Jamac?

It is my understanding that when his time was up, Abdulahi Yusuf resorted to violence to stay in his post, and I'm well aware of the massacre that took place in Qardho. However walahi I very much applaud and am even amazed at the level of patriotism that the people of Nugaal and Bari showed, because in the end they accepted Abdulahi Yusuf's rule because they didn't want lawlessness and a mini-civil war flaming in their regions.

Abdulahi Yusuf, Puntland, and the puntland people are three different things sxb, ha isku qaldin.

It is my understanding that when his time was up, Abdulahi Yusuf resorted to violence to stay in his post, and I'm well aware of the massacre that took place in Qardho

Horn afrique

To my knowledge only two people died in Qardho and they initially fired on the troops that were passing thorugh the town and the troops fired back into the house.The troops of C/Yusuf had strict code of engagement and i think it was clear for all to see

1)Kill a civilian without just cause and you will be killed

2)Rob civilian or government property,wealth and you will be killed

3)Abuse,rape or carry out/take part in acts of sexual abuse against anyone and you wil be killed

4)You are only to fire in the direction you were upon from and no other place anyone who doesnt will be thrown into prison and suffer accordingly

This was the most disclipned force seen during the entire civil war and apart from the two civilians that died who initially had fired on the troops killing one and injureing 2 there was no other incident so bro where did this massacre take place?.It is easy to make an accusation but harder to prove it pal.So prove your point horn afrique

Orgilaqe is correct HornAfrique. Abdullahi Yusuf's militias fought against Jama Ali Jama's militias in Qardho. He did not atack the civilians of Qardho by any means. Must I remind you many Rer Qardhod are staunch supporters and friends of Abdullahi Yusuf. As in most cities that are suddenly tansformed in battlegrounds without civilian's warning, collateral damage is inevitable. Also the massacre didn't surpass tens of people and no looting, rapes etc occured at all. Only fatal casualties, indeed it's a tragedy.

Furthermore it was a blessing in disguise that Abdullahi Yusuf drew a halt at Jama Ali Jama's rise to Pland presidency. Abdullahi Yusuf as well as many other Pland officials knew the dangers of Jama Ali Jama's reign. People were well aware of his corrupt tendencies and friendly links with the morbid Arta faction concocted in Djibouti. Pland was threatened to be ruled by Arta, while Arta itself prooved to be a clan-based faction thriving under chaos and anarchy. The fact that Pland would be dragged into the rest of the south's mess was unbearable for every Plander, wether from Galkayo or Bosaso.

Also you underestimate the support and it's complexity Abdullahi Yusuf enjoys among the people of Pland. He's popular as the president of Somalia in Pland, yet the people believe the time of the civil war when Planders opted for a strong leader who would provide peace, than law & order and than development & empowerment is over for him in Pland. Abdullahi Yusuf succeeded in these modest and raw goals Planders pertained for themselves. Now those goals have been reached, it's time for a more refined leadership to shape Pland into it's final stadium as a federal state of Somalia.

This is exactly my line of thinking. Abdullahi Yusuf's service is not needed anymore in Pland. He fulfilled his duty and now he seeks to fulfil the same duty for Somalia and in that we support him.

Intel   

Originally posted by ORGILAQE:

To my knowledge only two people died in Qardho and they initially fired on the troops that were passing thorugh the town and the troops fired back into the house

Orgi sxb you don't know SHIT, i rokko lost more than 2 relatives (civilians) that day, where C/Y's forses basically shoot their way through the city leaving dozens of civilians dead in their wake. . People of the region accepted Yusuf's Administration In order to avoid more bloodshed and like Horn said for the sake of peace

it worked quite well....Alhamdulillah

Gabbal   

Orgilaqe and Nationalist c'mon. A friend of mine told me he lost an uncle to "Abdulahi Yusuf and his Amhara soldiers" (i quote). You can't deny what happened, and it was only because of reer Qardho and other's noble act that there is much needed peace and development in Puntland.

Orgilaqe and Nationalist c'mon. A friend of mine told me he lost an uncle to "Abdulahi Yusuf and his Amhara soldiers" (i quote). You can't deny what happened, and it was only because of reer Qardho and other's noble act that there is much needed peace and development in Puntland.

Are we talking Facts or what Horn?

If facts matter then it is a fact that it took all of the Puntland people to make this work including reer Qardho.Puntland is not just Qardho bro it is makes up a third of Somalia if not more and has a large population.The forces of Cabdullahi consisted of onlyy Puntland folks no outsider in the sense of Tribal affiliations that is.The only member of Puntland Tribes that came from outside puntland and inside Ethiopia even though a lrge part of that clan live in Bari are the clan of Biciidyahan and they live in both bari and Zone 5 in Ethipia just as so many other Somali clans do.So are you telling me they are Ethiopians and not part of Puntland folks?.Or would you say the clan of Caabudwaaq who live in Zone 5 are not part of that clan.Let's look at spin versus fact bro and then tell me where your comments can be justified

Orgi sxb you don't know SHIT, i rokko lost more than 2 relatives (civilians) that day, where C/Y's forses basically shoot their way through the city leaving dozens of civilians dead in their wake. . People of the region accepted Yusuf's Administration In order to avoid more bloodshed and like Horn said for the sake of peace

rokko you very casually say "Dozens of people" yet you tell us no proof relying on what soem spinmaster fed you and then come here and tell us shit!.The people of Puntland accepted Cabdulahi back simply because they had seen jama ali Jama and were fed up with the insecurity,financial mismanagment,selling them out to those that harboured animosity towards them.That is the reason and after they weighed both sides they figured it was better the devil you knew than the devil you dont!.They were right!.They did get back law and order,they did get back fair representation,and along the way another great man in Puntland who worked alingside Cabdulahi in achieving this peace emerged his name is Gen Cade Muse boqor,Also a number of Isms emerged Boqor Buurmadow from Sanaag,Graad Abdisalaan from Sanaag.and of course Boqor Maxamud ..boqor of Puntland.Now I am sorry to hear of your loss in Qardho of your uncle...I truly am because he is my uncle too all somali elders are our uncles and aunts and the children our children.However brother let us tell each other the facts,inquire how it happened there was a lot of spin in those days especially from the loosing side of the Carte/Jama faction.I do recall him saying that Folks in Bosaaso were raped when it never happened.I remember him saying that cabdulahi ordered the death of an ism in Galkacyo who is my uncle and after i personally contacted the family i was told that was not the case.So let's put the blame where it should be and not on account of disliking someone