Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Ethiopia Prepared to Invade Somalia

Gabbal   

Samurai-

I take it things aren't going for Abdullahi..?

What this conflict, or tensions for that matter, is doing is seperating the real Somalis from the others (be that they themselves may claim to be Somali!).

I would hate to say let the battle began as I am not in the frontlines and will not endure any suffering myself, but I do believe this conflict will be the one that unifies us against our enemies, Habash or Somali alike. ;)

Aaah... Horn, The champion of Camelot, The Spartan warrior still at it, eh? Never you shed the teary, weary rugs, or be true to your Gospel.

As for inaYusuf, to the contrary mate, the game is being played right into his hands, and rather nicely if consider the players, the chips being served, and the stakes at each hand, but that is not the reality of the forlorn in the diaspora, is it mate? But, you would not know that, would you? Anything that treks past your shadowy epitome is sunken. No?

“Somalinimo†say you? What is that? - your newly found defense card in cell 13 [beware the butchy ones], or perhaps the equivalent of the race card in black America served in high society gents in lieu of toiletries? Only you would play such a card in despair, in ache, and in lust for corpses’ fillings when all else befuddles, albeit no such being abound.

Bedevil thy compleo or is it parvulus?

Gabbal   

Samurai-

Do not despair my man. There will come a time, somewhere in the near future I assure you, when we stand face to face and not only reminisce but to settle scores on our actions of this very day. History stands witness but as for now, keep stroking the Lion of Judah's toes in the manner befitting the ever faithful kow-tower..

Go enjoy your tea my man, tomorrow is too hazy to know if you will taste one again.

ta ta

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Any of you have the words for the Ethiopian national anthem? Like a boy scout you see, I always like to be prepared for any eventuality.
:D

Good Gadiid has already started offering Amharic lessons. I guess you would be better off learning the basics of Amharic language before you begin memorizing Ethiopia’s national anthem :D .

Paragon   

Apart from my mild accusations of the old man and the TFG general and my support for the UIC, come what may, I find fresh battles somewhat weary. I strongly advice the UIC to remain in Mogadishu and continue their good civic duties-like bring back sense of normality back to the citizens of Mogadishu. Attacking Baidoa or any other new territory will bring more damage to the UIC's image than it will bring any sorts of gains. Somali society is today a disjointed entity that will not be able to withstand Ethiopia's agression. May there be peace in Somalia.

Declaration: I will hereby cease to comment on the issues relating to the under-current of war in Somalia. I want no part of the support given to new wars whether in Baidoa or in Puntland. As a keen student of the art of diplomacy, I hope that current tensions in Somalia would finds a more diplomatic solution rather that blazing guns. I have seen and know the effects and horrors of war on civilians and I believe nothing beats peaceful negotiations. Khartoum is a hope that all Somalis should wish its success. May Allah protect them another repeat of war upon them.

PS: General Duke: aan is cafino if I came across patronizing. It was not my intension to visit you or another individual in this fora with ill-treatment or disdain. My interest was the engagement of discussion with everyone in this fora. Good luck to all of you.

Jacpher   

I strongly advice the UIC to remain in Mogadishu and continue their good civic duties-like bring back sense of normality back to the citizens of Mogadishu. Attacking Baidoa or any other new territory will bring more damage to the UIC's image than it will any sorts of gains. May there be peace in Somalia.

That’s a sound advice and I do agree that the ICU should not go to war with Baydaho. They need not to give Ethiopia, Ina Yusuf and the proxy government a chance to cause more chaos and instability. They should be smart enough to play their card wisely. Amxaaro is not ready for urban fighting and probably won’t come to Xamar so long ICU stays out of Baydhabo.

Duufaan   

You do not want be part any more, whole thing is getting out of hand. you can simply summarize it "greed and tribilism". People in TNG and ICU have their intrest, sometime they have same intrest each one defending it is seat and fortune. "it is more like save our positions" either side is serving national intrest, more likely serving indiviual and group intrest with tribalism as defination.

Let us be honest, the clans in moqdisho never welcome, the election of Abdulaahi Yusuf and they do not want any goverment leading by Odey Abdulaahi. We were hoping the court, preseting moqdisho clans will be negotiating Odey Abdulaahi weak goverment. But neither side want negotiate with good fate. "No game if I am not winning." I do not really care who is right or wrong. either side is holly warrior.let them fight and let die as martyr . Sometime you do not have choice but I do not want be a victum by the tribal propaganda.

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

They need not to give Ethiopia, Ina Yusuf and the proxy government a chance to cause more chaos and instability. They should be smart enough to play their card wisely. Amxaaro is not ready for urban fighting and probably won’t come to Xamar so long ICU stays out of Baydhabo. [/QB]

^^I too agree with that. And if you look at it, it’s really simple saaxiib. Courts in Mogadishu have done a superb job by defeating the warlords and opening channels of commerce in that city. On top of that, they promised and gestured peace. Not only that but they honored their word and actually went to Sudan for the peace talks to take place. Look what a disappointment they found when they got there! The old man and his TFG opted to listen the very entity whom Qanyare and other warlords listened before. Not only that but, to hide their treacherous tracks, Baydhabo’s TFG resorted to a cheap propaganda and accused these Courts of terrorism. It welcomed all the defeated warlords to its centers and held publicized meetings with them. Rumor has it that even war criminal Qaybdiid accompanied with the old man to his trip to Puntland! Alas, old habits die hard, as it were, and some people seem to have resolved to be on the wrong side of history. That Courts want to invade Baydhabo is all hype intended to justify Ethiopia’s planned presence in Baydhabo! It’s all part of a calculated propaganda yaa jamaacah.

Courts should stay in Mogadishu and control their excitement, I agree. They should be careful no to be lured to take places and towns that they can’t defend, I also agree to that. Their entrance to Buur-hakaba was foolish and unwarranted. They should never repeat these adventures again if they really mean to bring the changes they talked about. But they must be in a war footing and never allow cons like Geed and the old man misread them again. Somalis are not cursed people. But damned leaders have been leading us for some time now.

Somalia has suffered enough and its human misery seems to have refused to fade. But if there were ever a meaning to war, this one [the looming one] is utterly justified. I see some people here who are openly clapping for Ethiopia’s pending invasion (it’s not an invasion as such as they have crossed that imaginary border many times before). They are misreading these current events and Ethiopia won’t save their day! It never did. One thing is for sure: Ethiopia won’t be able to enter Mogadishu and having them in Baydhabo is frankly useless. Somalia’s political equation will remain unresolved, as long there are some parties who refuse and boycott negotiated settlement and continue to count on foreign help to exact favorable outcome. Mark that one down yaa asxaab!

Intee niri dagaal waa xunyee nabad inoo daaya

Intee niri dal iinaan lahayn dawlad ku ahaadaa!

Thierry.   

Don’t despair yet fellow nomads Khartoum negotiations look like it is going well. Ethiopia is not as strong as they pretend to be if worst comes they will leave in shame.

After all we Somalis know how to defend our self. If one clan managed to withhold the mighty US what chance has Ethiopia got against a hopefully united nation.

And most of all we have the support of Allah.

Even if war takes place and the ICU is dented do you think that Somalis will tolerate a proxy puppet leadership which sole purpose is to fulfil the interests of another nation. If the Ethiopian’s get involved I hope for their sake they have the financial and physical ability as well patience because this will be a long ride.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Somalia has suffered enough and its human misery seems to have refused to fade. But if there were ever a meaning to war, this one [the looming one] is utterly justified. I see some people here who are openly clapping for Ethiopia’s pending invasion (it’s not an invasion as such as they have crossed that imaginary border many times before). They are misreading these current events and Ethiopia won’t save their day! It never did. One thing is for sure: Ethiopia won’t be able to enter Mogadishu and having them in Baydhabo is frankly useless. Somalia’s political equation will remain unresolved, as long there are some parties who refuse and boycott negotiated settlement and continue to count on foreign help to exact favorable outcome. Mark that one down yaa asxaab!

[/QB]

I don't think it's in the interests of any future Somalia to have one monolithic group with all the cards - be they ICU or TFG. And personally, I have suspicions about wadaads who seek power and territory. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now. The best outcome is for some sort of negotiated settlement that would allow both parties to show what they can do in the respective areas under their control. Then, hopefully, the rest of the populace can choose whichever group has proven themselves in governance.

If it were in a normal and stable Somalia I would be inclined to agree with you. But given the conditions in which Somalis are in, we need one reasonable entity that can impose order on Somalia. Mogadishu is a case in point. I wouldn’t mind having them do the same very thing in the entire southern theatre. As for the TFG I am beginning to think that it is no longer relevant more than Qaybdiid is! I would rather deal with Ethiopia than with them. Time will tell haddaan noolaano to witness it, that is.

^That is right, sxb, I agree. We, the people of Somalia, would rather deal with Ethiopia in the language of violence that it speaks, instead of wasting our precious time with those reckless warlords who brought the enemy of our society into our mainland Somalia without the will and the consent of our people.

The war has begun, and we will never tolerate another warlord conferrence as this reckless so-called govt. collapses soon, insha-Allah.

Xiinfaniin diyaar ma tahay saaxiib, si aan talo iyo tusaale ugu hiilino shacabkeena Soomaaliya aa gumeysiga la doonayo in lagu maquuniyo?

underdog   

US cautions Ethiopia on Somalia

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:40 PM GMT139

PRETORIA (Reuters) - The United States has cautioned Ethiopia not to become embroiled in Somalia, although it could not confirm reports Ethiopian troops were already in the country, a senior U.S. official said on Friday.

"We have told them not to get drawn into this provocation," U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs Jendayi Frazer told journalists by video-conference.

Witnesses said Ethiopian troops moved closer to Somalia's capital Mogadishu on Friday, putting pressure on Islamists who have risen to power in the Horn of Africa nation and challenging the authority of its Western-backed interim government.

Frazer said Washington believed "hardline elements" within the so-called Islamic courts group wanted to extend their territorial control and hoped that more moderate players within the Islamist camp would prevail.

"Why aren't the moderate elements speaking out versus this element that is trying to spark a conflict?" she said.

Frazer said the United States has heard reports international elements were entering Somalia, but did not give any details.

"There are obviously foreign terrorists in Somalia," Frazer said.

The Islamists took Mogadishu from U.S.-backed warlords in June, complicating efforts to re-establish centralised control over a chaotic country that has not had a central government since the 1991 ouster of a dictator.

Ethiopia has denied incursions into Somalia but threatened to crush any Islamist bid to take Baidoa -- the seat of the provisional government -- or cross the border.

--------------------------------------

Northerner, Saxib, to answer your question, There are BIGGER players in this card game