Sign in to follow this  
Diaspora_Dude

DO YOU THINK THE NOTION OF TRIBALISM IN OUR COMMUNITY WILL END SOON??IF SO WHEN??

TRIBALISM....is way way way over rated in my eyes.

Insha allah if i am blessed with kids, i will never say to them this is what tribe you are...why because it's complete nonsense. Some will tell you, it's good for identification to know your roots, this would have made sense if I was to raise my children back home, but this is something I doubt. For example my unlces were making fun of my little brothers the other day for not knowing what they were..but i Love that about them, they're so innocent. Qabiil is a disease it has crippled us as a people.

tO hELL wIt iT

wUn

CC ;)tO hELL wIt iT

personally i dont think the disease of hatin each other because of tribalism will neva end in the somali community and that is something we just have to live with. we are a community lacking love..what can i say.

one luv

Baydan   

Hate to sound passimistic but I feel that nowadays the youth are more qabilists than elders walahi. You gonna see a friggin 16yrs old that are born and raised in qurbaland talking tribal shyt like they just came from the country, sad. Parents incourage it tell biased half stories kids not knowing the full history take sides and are quick to hold grudges..the cyle continous. May Allah help us all, such pathetic state we're in.

Hagi   

Neither blindness nor ignorance corrupts people and governments. They soon realize where the path they have taken is leading them. But there is an impulse within them, favoured by their natures and reinforced by their habits, which they do not resist; it continues to propel them forward as long as they have a remnant of strength. He who overcomes himself is divine. Most see their ruin before their eyes; but they go on into it. Leopold von Ranke, 1973.

However,The clan system and tribal divisions in Somalia is a symbolic social entity whose widespread members are tied together by the sense of being the descendants of a common ancestor.

In that sense, one way or the other of looking at the social and political organisation of the Somali people, clan ideology has a great a significance on the socio-economic and political system of Somalia. Therefore, to my view it is not an easy task to eliminate tribalism or clanism is Somalia; but what we can do about it is to transform and modernize the clan system in a way that prevailed in civilized countries like the one in the United Kingdom- Scottish, English, Walsh Irish and so on.

Pujah   

WILL TRIBALISM END???

MAYBE IT WILL END AFTER WE REACH 5 GENERATIONS IN QURBO LAND AND THERE STILL SOMALI NEGOTITION IN KENYA...

Seriously tho' I don't think we will ever lose our hatred for one another...not in the near future

just take a look at the politic secion of SOL ... you can guess who hails from where redface.gif

Shirwac   

Good topic

I think tribalism is misunderstood and misused by Somalis. All religions recognize and some even encourage having strong ties with relatives (distance and near). I remember in duksi when I had to learn prophet Muhammed's family tree(his tribe etc etc) some cultures/countries are now starting to build family trees so people who are http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Trace+tree&btnG=Search

I think tribilism/ab tirsi is one the best things we have, and it is something to be proud of and passed down to the next generation.

Xoogsade   

Shirwac, You have to have no faith to consider Qabiil the best thing ever. What exactly does Qabiil do for anyone except make them emotionally and physically attached with a group of people, fight their drity war, smile at their aggression and etc?

Besides, waxaan ku nacay qabiilka, abeeso walboo diin aan heysan yaa kula sheeganyesa. Complete BS i say to tribe and tribalism.

PS: Nebi maxamed cs haku been abuuran.

Hate to sound passimistic but I feel that nowadays the youth are more qabilists than elders walahi. You gonna see a friggin 16yrs old that are born and raised in qurbaland talking tribal shyt like they just came from the country, sad.

:D:D:D:D:D Theres couple of them here madaam. smile.gif