Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

In Search Of Good Governance

Finally, what is hindering the Somali peace process that is said to have been the best chance Somalia has had for a while? A peace process that has been going on for almost a whole year. The answers are many but these points stand out:

1. Lack of transparent and coherent media especially at the BBC Somali section

2. Funds from some Arab countries that is used to destabilize Somalia

3. Weapons from some countries that benefit directly or indirectly Some warlords

4. Lack of proper financial support from the International community in completing the peace process

5. Lack of Project Management skills at the Mbagathi conference

6. Petty politicking of the Italian government

7. Petty politicking by some Kenyan power brokers

In summary, though Puntland has compromised its authority by accepting the 4.5 rule and Mogadishu as being the capital in the Draft Charter, they ought to be congratulated for trying to find an all-inclusive federal Somali government or are they negotiating poorly? Or do they have other hidden agendas? Let us wait and see. I would encourage warlords at Mogadishu who have left the conference to go back and assume negotiations. I would also appeal for Somaliland to participate at the Somali conference and negotiate along the lines of Confederacy a chance the Puntland administration missed.

Let us have a Somali Union (SU).

Dr.Ali M Abdullahi Barkhadle - The Writer was a former Consultant to IGAD at the Eldoret conference and can be contacted at amsas@amsasconsulting.com

http://allpuntland.com/news1/eng/news_item.asp?NewsID=941

Gabbal   

2. Funds from some Arab countries that is used to destabilize Somalia

Now how is it that this scholar (a so-called PhD holder) had the sense to include the Arabs in our destabilization, but totally forget to mention our dear neighbor to the west, our long time adversay Ethiopia? Or is it just a lapse of memory?

To me this all goes back to qabyaalaad. Ethiopia isn't hostile to my qabiil, so it must not also be hostile to the Somali nation.

Wake up and smell the sanjabiil in the qaxwo, siyaasinimo ku tiiran qabyaalad meeshaa taaganahay ee na keentay!

Peace to Somalia.

Peace to Muqdisho

Peace to Boosaaso.

Peace to Garoowe

Peace to Hargeisa.

Peace to Burco.

Peace to Kismaayo.

Peace to Cabudwaaq.

Peace to Baraawe.

Peace to Marka.

Peace to Baydhabo.

Peace to Somalis.

Aamiin.

Rokko   

Horn, you are right Ethiopia is our enemy number one, but don't tell me the Arabs aren't also part of the problem na'mean. Libya is as dangerous as Ethiopia na'mean. The other thing is that any money given to Abdiqaasim doesn't really go to the Somali people na'mean. It goes to his tribe, we all know that. Same goes with all the warlords.

That is what destablizes the country ... not ethiopia alone.

3 more Million Dollars for the TNG goverment

By Times reporter

Somalia one of the nations from which thousands of people have fled to Tanzania as refugees, is now under the target of petro-dollar investors from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) who are targeting the police, army and financial sector, it has been learnt.

According a city businessman who has been in Dubai recently, Juma Pandui, some influential business people from the UAE, having serious interests in Somalia, have revealed that last month the Somalia government, led by President Abdul Quassim Salat, had recently obtained huge investment from the UAE. “During his recent tour through several Arab countries, President Salat of Somalia had obtained the largest investment in three years amounting to more than three million US Dollars,” Pandui said.

He added: “These investments, which are meant to finance the Peace Conference in Somalia, proclaimed by President Abdul Quassim Salat two months ago, are also set aside to fund the regular army and police forces of the Transnational Government (TNG).”

He also said they are earmarked to foster some Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and banking projects in Mogadishu.

“Part of the funds may also be diverted to pay some of the current debts of the Transnational Goverenment,” he said.

Somalia, which plunged into civil war and anarchy after the demise of Siad Barre. became a failed state with no central government.It is now struggling to restore its lost economic and political stability.

The long civil war produced thousands of refugees who fled to the neighbouring countries of Kenya and Tanzania. In Tanzania, hundreds of refugees have been absorbed and granted nationality status to live in Handeni District Tanga Region

http://www.ippmedia.com/features/ft/2003/12/03/ft5.asp

M_D so true! all know is that if i see mardheerah

i just get the urge to knock the mofs down!! i just sometime wonder and shake my head! how come we get no RESPECT from our so called muslim brethrens! what heck did we do them! no Arab country ever lifted a finger (not even the nasty one) to honestly help the nomads in their time of need!! we had to come all the way to kaafirland to find a place to rest our heads!u morans burn in hell!! i hope they are sponsoring this site or my behind is grass!!that my 2 c.

Gabbal   

My dear brother Mobb Deep I in no way excused the members of the Arab League of any wrongdoing in Somalia, but I just questioned the motives and hidden agendas of the abovementioned "list".

Mobb you yourself validated my point when you said " Horn, you are right Ethiopia is our enemy number one ". Let's say for example our dear "Dr." had a memory lapse; can we then trust him in to remembering other very important points?

To make my suggestion in a more blunt way, I would say that the author dropped Ethiopia, because Addis Ababa is Abdulahi Yusuf's best friend and mentor. Therefore not a threat to P/Land.

Rokko   

Horn, Brother, walaahi I didn't even know the author was a puntlander.

But if ya feel this author was biased, that is aight na'mean. I was just pointing out the Arabs are not helping the situation either na'mean.

respect!

Horn - so if one is not bashing the Ethiopians ala A/Qassim,or not wailing foul ala the Galgaduud Brotherhood ala Hiiraale, then one must be of Puntland, eh? Is that the stuff you are trying to feed us mate?

How did you suss out the good Dr is of Puntland?

Gabbal   

Samurai walaal where did Abdiqasim, Galgaduud, and Hiraale come into the picture?

Samurai your hypothesis has no basis ina adeer. It seems to me like you're trying to make a third lane legitimate within an already established two lane.

I want to ask you a simple question in which will solve this diatribe. Mobb Deep has answered and I want to know what your answe is.

Do you believe that the Arab world has destabilized and is more an enemy to the Somali people and nation than our dear neighbor Ethiopia?

Mahadsanid saaxiib. I will be looking forward to your reply.

Horn – it is very simple old chap. The ideology you seem to be promoting is that of the men in question, thus subscribing perhaps subliminally to such viewpoint is a symbol of your ideological stance in the Somali political idiosyncrasies.

It matters not whom you reckon to be an enemy as the biggest enemy of Somalia is Somalis themselves. Pointing fingers, shifting blames and dodging responsibilities all of which are unmistakable hallmarks of victimsim, the hand you seem to be playing along with the said men, is not going to make the problems go away; and indeed might make you feel better for a while but shall forever compound matters.

Does that alleviate a moment of painful delivery, or does it not?

Gabbal   

Samurai walaal you have a habit, like our dearly departed nomad Oodweyn, of shutting down a conversation because of either an overly long post or a very smart sounding. Walaalkay I applaud your standing point in the English language vocabulary, but can you spare me the time and energy wasted in having to look up every other word in the Oxford dictionary? I'm sure it won't kill you to use a vocabulary 99% of the nomads can understand.

Secondly I'm in no shape or form promoting or propagating a certain or conceived (in your case) idealogy, except that I wish to question the validity of those obstacle mentioned by our "scholar" and his true intent. If that to you means that I have a subconscious "ideology [that].. is a symbol of [my] ideological stance in the Somali political idiosyncrasies", then be it your opinion. I, however, want to reask my question.

Aside from Somalis themselves, which of the two, the Arab world or Ethiopia, is more of a threat to the Somali nation?

As you see sxb the choice of answers is limited to two smile.gif Mahadsanid I hope your answer will put to rest my curiosity about you yourself myfriend.

Liqaye   

looool mobb is a causist loool

of all the things i dinot explain you chose that.

well do you remeber the song

ha moodhin cidhii kuma arkeysee caanka buxso

Ha modhin cidhii kuma arkeysee inadhersoo.

Now ruminate on that bro.

(i got to do it)

N'amean :D

Gabbal   

Samurai if your answer is neither, and that the two (Ethiopia and the Arab world) are equal in their destabilization of Somalia, then I say that I verily found out where you stand on the Somali (or should I say regional) political compass.

If my conclusion is wrong and I misjudged your answer, then I would wish you to come and reclaim the integrity and respect that I have lost for you my friend.

Ethiopia outside of somali malfaesence is the number 1 enemy.

Liqaye walaal Somali nationalist unhindered by qabiil politics agrees with you.

Horn Horn Horn – It is all in the mind or from which angle one views the object in the rear view mirror old chap – indeed it is warped perception you seem to be viewing if not tuning into it – thus perhaps through experience and learning we shall in good time suss out the equation as it is laid in the history books.

One wonders what interest Egypt or Libya might have in Somali politics! Then again that matters not as it is a mere falsification, eh. I am not one to seek scapegoats for my personal shortcomings and tactical fiascos, but something for yours truly to chew on whilst you succinctly review the integrity and respect you had for me.

Hope I managed to keep it short and less complex for your own sake!

Liqaye   

Here in prison

Hope contained in my breast

I patiently wait

for the clouds to gather

blown by the wind of History

No one

can stop the rain

- Taban lo liyong-

But until then bro deep forgive me if i STAND UP and SPEAK OUT.

Deeq A.   

Please stop the personal attacks, insults and the qabyaalad garbage on our website. If the rules of the website are not respected we will ban individuals from this website.

This is a serious warning for Sammurai, HornAfrique and Liqaye.

You are all mature grown men and we will not tolerate any more attacks and qabyaalad filth.