Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland President Arrives Djibouti

Djibouti,(Qarannews)-Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyadda Somaliland, Mudane, Daahir Rayaale Kaahin iyo weftigii uu hogaaminayey ayaa maanta waxa Madaarka Caalamiga ah ee Magaalada Djibouti ku soo dhaweeyay,.

Raiiisal Wasaaraha Dalka Djibouti, Mudane, Diletta Maxamed Dilleta, Wasiirka Arrimaha Debedda ee Djibouti,

Mudane, Maxamed Cali Yuusuf iyo Wasiirka Wasaaradda Warfaafinta, Mudane,

Cali Cabdi Faarax iyo Masuuliyiin sar sare oo ka tirsan Dawladda.

Djibouti, weftiga nasasho yar kadib oo uu qolka nasashada ku qaatay.

Waxa toos loogu soo gudbiyey huteelka weftiga loogu tallo galay ee Kempinzki

internatioanl hote.Warsaxaafdeed uu soo saray afhayeenka madaxtooyada Somaliland, oo loo qaybiyay saxaafda isla markaasna uu nuqul ka mid ahi uu soo gaadhay shabakaa qarannews ayaa sidaasi xaqiijiyay isga oo dhamamystirana waxa uu hignaa sidan hoos ku xusan

Sidoo kale waxa Madaarka Wefdiga Madaxweynaha ku soo dhaweeyay dadweyne

aad u tira badan , waxana loo soo dhaweeyay si aan hore loo arag Wefdiga

Madaxweynaha Somaliland.

Wefdiga Madaxweynaha oo ay ka mid ahaayeen Wasiirada Maaliyada Mudane

Xuseen Cali Ducaale , Arrimaha Dibada Mudane Cabdillaahi Maxamed Ducaale,

La Taliyaha Madaxweynaha ee Ciidamada Mudane Cabdi samad iyo xoghayaha

gaarka ah ee Madaxweynaha Mudane Axmed Maxamed Ciise.

^^The whole world ayaa Americanku gacanta ugu yeedha, whats the big deal? hadii PM australia Bush u baahdo saacada hada, intu wax kale oo dhan joojiyo ayuu diyaarada qabsanayaa Washington iska xaadirinaya.

But, I want to know, what is your definition of a warlord? There surely must be a line that divides who is a warlord and who is not a warlord.

The Zack   

^Mareykan? Adeer duqu Ethiopia buu usodcdaa Djabouti wuu sii mari uun halkaas boo laga yeedhay qab-qablayaasha oo dhan magaratay?

To answer your question here is the detailed meaning of warlord: supreme military or region leader exercising civil power in a region especially one accountable to nobody.

P.s. I don't have my own definitions for words, do you?

^^So are you saying Daahir Riyaale is not answerable to anyone?

And besides, what is Daahir Riyaale going to do for Ethiopia? Can you jot down what you are accusing Daahir Riyaale for?

^^ You can't be serious.

Awoowe, if you want to accuse someone of something, in this case Dahir Riyaale being a warlord and a puppet, one would expect from you to back the accusation with facts. But as I can see, you are just beating around the bush.

The Zack   

^Okey since it is you who is beating around the bush, let me give u an example of the orders he will recieve. Orders that you and I both know inaad is mooga moogeysiin mooyee. He will be told inuu soo dhiibo so called shabaab and ONLF members to Ethiopia intuu indhaha kasoo xiro like always. He will also be told to keep letting Ethiopia use the port Berbera. Do you need more examples?

The Zack   

^Lol. Adeer what difference does it make if you kill 'em or hand them over to someone who will. Qaade and Qarshe waa isku mid. Adigu are u saying Riyale aint puppet? Let's see ur side of the story bal.

^^Giving up eh? :D

1. Daahir Riyaale Kaahin came to power not because of foreign army, nor because he is from a strong clan which is dominating other clans. Daahir Riyaale was voted in to the office in a general election which he won by less 100 votes against the much populour and much well known Muj. Ahmed Mohamed Silaanyo.

2. Daahir Riyaale is an indivitual. And indivituals come and go, at least as far as Somaliland politics is concerned. Case in point, Daahir Riyaale might be out of Office

by April 2009...

3. Since 1991, Somaliland had 3 presidents, starting from Abdirahman Tuur's administration between 1991 and 1993, Mohamed Ibrahim Egal's 1993-2002 and now Daahir Riyaale. All these leaders pushed Somaliland's interests.

4. All of Somaliland's president never attended any of the countless Somalia Peace conferences, noteably, Somaliland declined to attend the Djibouti 1991 Peace conference. Again, Somaliland declined to attend the Addis Abeba (1993) and Sodare Peace Conference (1997 - Sal Balaar) both sponsored by Meles Zanawi. Again, Somaliland declined to attend the high profile 2000 Djibouti Peace Conference and the 2004 Kenya Peace Process.

5. Somaliland takes tough actions against those who oppose her independence .Case in point, refusal to allow UNISOM-1 and UNISOM-2 UN peace keeping force of 1990s to come to Somaliland regions. Another example, Djibouti which used to push for Somalia's unity, Somaliland and Djibouti almost went to war on several occations.

Another example is the kicking out of the UN Special Rep to Somalia from Hargeisa after he said something which was against Somaliland. The UN Rep was declared "Persona Non Grata" he never returned to Hargeisa and was replaced by the former UN Secretary General Mr. Kofi Anan there after.

6. Ethiopia never took a position which was detrimental to Somaliland's cause - hence Somaliland's independence. And Somaliland likewise.

7. Ethiopia has over 70 million people. Its a huge market for Somaliland. Berbera Port can only accommodate maximum of 20% of Ethiopia's total impex requirements. If Ethiopia utilises Berbera, that would only benefit Somaliland's economy.

8. The ONLF was never a friend of Somaliland to begin with. Knowing that background alone, should signal ONLF not to seek refuge in Somaliland. And besides, SL can not allow to become a launching pad to destablise the neighboring countries.

9. Somaliland's leaders including Daahir Riyaale Kaahin have always pushed for peace internal or external. Case in Point: When Puntland leader seeked refuge Somaliland in 2004, he asked for weapons and other support to fight Col. Yey in Puntland. Somaliland instead told him that they will mediate between the two and bring them in peaceful way and not use Somaliland as a launching pad.

10. Somaliland will not leave a stone unturned until it secures its independence.

The Zack   

^Adeer you didn't have to write whole essay that proves my point of Riyale being a puppet, he is used and will be used until he is gone. Plus, we weren't talking about Somaliland, we were talking about Riyale but since you brought that up let me address couple of things you've said.

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

6. Ethiopia never took a position which was detrimental to Somaliland's cause - hence Somaliland's independence. And Somaliland likewise.

Actually, It did take a clear position. There are only two choices here, either recognize it or not recognize it and Ethiopia doesn't recognize Somaliland as a state. And why pick on and be mad at Djabouti when it stands the same position Ethiopia does? I don't get it! It seems somehow Somalis think cheerleading for the Habashis is the way to go or in ay moodaan in Ethiopianku ay si uun u xoog badan yahiiin.

Somaliland will not leave a stone unturned until it secures its independence.

Does this mean waddan kastaa u naageyn even Ethiopia to get the never-coming recognition? Please do explain this.

The ONLF was never a friend of Somaliland to begin with. Knowing that background alone, should signal ONLF not to seek refuge in Somaliland. And besides, SL can not allow to become a launching pad to destablise the neighboring countries.

To my knowledge, ONLF was never enemy to Somaliland until Riyale started to sell Somalis to Ethiopia claiming they are ONLF commanders. No onlf fighters go to Somaliland to have bases there or wage war from there to Ethiopia nor do they need to do that. What I know is young Somali fellows being captured and handed to Ethiopia trying to make Meles happy and you are telling me that is right? I thought Northwesterners didn't agree with that and It was Riyaale's idiotic moves. I guess I was wrong.