Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland new Flag.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Recovering-Romantics :

quote:

Originally posted by NASSIR:

^at least, no Xasan Turki of the North exists yet like it's in Jowhar and Mahadaay.

Bro, Jowhar and Mahadaay are paradise and the bread-basket of Somalia. [/QB]
RR, the so called bread basket of Somalia including the lower and middle Shabelle, Bay and Bakool and the two Jubbas' crop production constituted less than 25% of Somalia's export, esp during the good times of Somalia, whereas the livestock export took 65%, the rest being filled by other sectors like the under-invested fishery.

However, fyi, the region of Sanaag grows its share of different fruits and vegetables like Mango, potatoes--in large scale, water melons, banana , frankincense and many income generating crops. And, according to a UN report, the region is self-sufficient producer of such crops and therefore does not import them from other regions. The only import with significant impact on the local economy has been the import of sugar, rice, and other needs. I know, for instance, the two sugar factories Somalia had were both localed in Jowhar and Mareerey, but what use of these industries when everything has been ravaged by endless clashes and occupations. My own family had several hectares of farm lands in Janaale and Qoryoley and were previously occupied for many years.

Rudy, lol, are u serious? go check Calmadow chain and see the beauty of this land. It even has water falls.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^lool. again ABWAN rushes in to highlight his ignorance when it comes to basic Somali geography.
:D

I wish traffic lights had maps...lol

quote:Originally posted by Recovering-Romantics :

quote:

^at least, no Xasan Turki of the North exists yet like it's in Jowhar and Mahadaay.

Bro, Jowhar and Mahadaay are paradise and the bread-basket of Somalia.
RR, the so called bread basket of Somalia including the lower and middle Shabelle, Bay and Bakool and the two Jubbas' crop production constituted less than 25% of Somalia's export, esp during the good times of Somalia, whereas the livestock export took 65%, the rest being filled by other sectors like the under-invested fishery.

However, fyi, the region of Sanaag grows its share of different fruits and vegetables like Mango, potatoes--in large scale, water melons, banana , frankincense and many income generating crops. And, according to a UN report, the region is self-sufficient producer of such crops and therefore does not import them from other regions. The only import with significant impact on the local economy has been the import of sugar, rice, and other needs. I know, for instance, the two sugar factories Somalia had were both localed in Jowhar and Mareerey, but what use of these industries when everything has been ravaged by endless clashes and occupations. My own family had several hectares of farm lands in Janaale and Qoryoley and were previously occupied for many years.

Rudy, lol, are u serious? go check
and see the beauty of this land. It even has water falls. [/QB]
I would be very interested to know where you got the 25% figure.

However, I agree with your fundamental argument that the true potential of the Shabelle and Jubba Valley hasn't been reached as a result of corruption, incompetence and nepotism during the 1980s. This had a long-term affect and the current turmoil in Mogadishu and the inability to use the Mogadishu port to export Banana(most profitable cash-crop in Somalia) has helped either.

Originally posted by Shilling:

Another flag under review I hear is this one:

se7s3k.jpg

Hahahaha!

It looks like the crescent and the star are sinking in a pool of water.

The metaphorical significance of this gives me laughs, especially in today's Somalia where Quran-waving fanatics claim to be God's representatives on earth.

Emperor   

It is not, I have tried three times and it never works for me...

Try bal again... or post your description in here, then will take it from there...