Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland new Flag.

The competition is open, to all, who are true Puntlanders and love the state as much as us.

If you can produce a better flag and design, then we'll welcome it with open arms and hearts.

But until then, the above flag is ours truly.

The revolution starts in here, SOL and it will eventualy reach the heart of the base (as Duke likes to describe Puntland) and the heart of its successful leadership, the government of Puntland State.

All praise belongs to god but none.

Somalipride. I like this flag, I dont have a clue who the designer is. But it keeps the blue and the white, with the crescent added to the star to symbolise Islamic hetritage.

The green also is important in Islam and also representes prosperity.

So far its the best, like Aw Muse said the designs are open.

Thankful   

I agree, I think we should have done this a long time ago. You have a generation being raised in Puntland that only hear about the south from negative news on the internet, other media outlets and the older generation. I believe the path Puntland is taking will end up paying off for the people in the long run. The Puntland government must get behind this.

nuune   

Worst deisgn ever, u can't have 4 things in a flag, where is the simplicity!

PS: Solid blue & green don't go together

Adeer Somalipride, the green represents the prosperity of the country, the hope, life and the youthness in general. Some of the aspects and qualities I want to see in Puntland.

It should also emphasise Puntland being a modern state in which also traditions and heritages are treasured! Up-mostly the religion, as the colour Green was also the color of Islam and that of the Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him.

With the crescent and star there is also one more emphasise on our deep roots and heritage in the religion of Islam, colour blue and white were used because firstly I didn't want to diviate from the compostion of the flag of Somalia and secondly as it should represent the sky.

I also designed another flag for the government of Puntland State, which by, the crescent and star have a golden colour! You can find it in the thread here on its last page, page five I believe:

***[Edited]

Guuxa Shacabka Puntland iyo Fikirka Mustaqbal

3560126937_a4ac0e96f5_m.jpg

Flag of the State's army, the Darawiish:

3560116003_3db0d2b145_m.jpg

Flag of Puntland Government:

3560916760_7035429c40_m.jpg

Logo.square.jpg

The scelaton is Piracy.

The black is alshabab.

and the two swords are Hizbul Islam.

:D:D:D Sorry guys I'm just joking.

My Question is why Puntland have to have a FLAG, or does Awmuuse know something we don't.

Poker   

Originally posted by Aw-Muuse:

Adeer Somalipride, the green represents the prosperity of the country, the hope, life and the youthness in general. Some of the aspects and qualities I want to see in Puntland.

It should also emphasise Puntland being a modern state in which also traditions and heritages are treasured!
Up-mostly the religion, as the colour
Green
was also the color of Islam and that of the Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him.

With the crescent and star there is also one more emphasise on our deep roots and heritage in the religion of Islam, colour blue and white were used because firstly I didn't want to diviate from the compostion of the flag of Somalia and secondly as it should represent the sky.

I also designed another flag for the
government of Puntland State
, which by, the crescent and star have a golden colour! You can find it in the thread here on its last page, page five I believe:

***[Edited]

3560126937_a4ac0e96f5_m.jpg

Flag of the State's army, the Darawiish:

3560116003_3db0d2b145_m.jpg

Flag of Puntland Government:

3560916760_7035429c40_m.jpg

I like the middle one.

Bal yara suga ,whatever Flag Puntland chooses it is fine by me, afterall Puntland waa dalkeeyga and i love it. Poker bro did you know Pakistan did copied Puntland?not the other way around. Ka soco meesha. Love Puntland.

Emperor   

^I agree, I don't like the green part of the flag but overall is a beautiful flag... Nice work Aw-Muse if you designed this...

Farancab, there are many nations on this earth, territories and regional states, all with different flags but over 80 percent of the flags that exist resemble each other or at least have commonalities, be it colour combination or stars and symbols... you think this one is copied from Pakistan, shall we conclude that Pakistan copied from Algeria, which copied from Mauritania and modified a bit which also copied from Saudi Arabia that used Libya's plain solid green... :D You will be suprised to find out how the Europeans copied from each other as well...

algeria-flag.gif

The Algerian Flag

Farancab, since we are all part of the same greater Somalia, same people but from different regions would it be fair to copy you O.G regional flag :D , no much modification required only turn it vertical... it is simple and one minute make over, check below

3585279968_0cfe7ee705.jpg?v=0

What would you say, if Puntland adopte this... I'm sure you would be angry for plaigirising :D