Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

The Challenge to Social life in Hargeisa

Taleexi   

...............There is a daily session of chewing Khat in my modest but cozy little Maan-hadal salon at my house. Maan-hadal, which translated means “speak your mindâ€, is a mere talking-shop. Put quite simply, it is a forum for free and easy interactions. Maan-hadal is an interactive, informal social gathering that is meant to provide a convenient and casual platform for the silent majority to express (off-the-record, of course) their individuality and their opinions on issues of mutual interest. It somehow resembles an open public space for free speeches. Exercising their inherent, inalienable and legitimate rights to free speech, my chewing-mates interact with each other and speak their minds quite freely. In line with the longstanding traditional values of Khat-chewers, opposing views and differing opinions are tolerated if not always fully accommodated. Hence, freedom of speech is virtually unrestrained at Maan-hadal.................

Read the full article

me   

I liked this one, quite funny. I can't wait till someone bans khat or atleast taxes it. This drug has destroyed the Somali social fabric.

Maan-hadal

Very fitting, indeed. Maanhadal. :D

Maandeeq iyo maansoor iyo maangaab waaba maqli jiray, maanhadal aa soo baxay. Again, it fits the chewers, high in marqaan only maankooda ayaa hadlo, that they don't even know. The chewers would never dare to share those thoughts if they were sober.

Qudhac   

i think the brother who wrote this had one too many boxes of the green stuff.

talk about paranoi, being scared of "riyaale" in mafrash, looool give us a break its clear thios is just another excuse to insult the leaders and the hounarable opposition parties who serve their nation and the people who install those responsibilies in them.

N.O.R.F   

^^Its a no win situation saxib, Somalis will always find something (no matter how much of is true or false) to knock the other. Its in our nature and the writer simply reinforces that.

me   

^^ Oodweyne rarely nails the point, with him its always calaacal and none of his posts are ever complete if he doesn't refer to Siyaad Barre in one way or form and insult the general Somali public. His posts always take us to the Nazi's, Stalin, Trotsky, Mosley's fascists and always end with a comparison of all those evil men with todays Somali Unionists.

When he was quoting Franz Fannon's wretched of the earth he forgot to mention that Frantz Fannon also stated that the natives violence unifies the people. By its very structure, colonialism is separatist and regionalist. Colonialism does not simply state the existence of tribes; it also reinforces them. The colonial system encourages chieftaincies and keeps alive the old Marabout confraternities. Violence is all-inclusive and national. It follows that it is closely involved in the liquidation of regionalism and of tribalism. The secessionist entity that Oodweyne is trying to protect is a perfect example of Clannism and Regionalism gone out of control. Its identity was formed by the past colonialists and today’s Clannist/Regionalists and it was nurtured by the colonialists in order to prevent the Somali people from ever unifying. Our fathers and grand fathers were wise men and had opted for the unification our nation. Our fathers, brothers and uncles gave their lives for Somaliwayn and the liberation of all the occupied territories; our state had gone bankrupt in chasing the dream of greater Somalia. I am proud to call myself Somali, I am proud of all the sacrifice that the Somali Nation has made for the liberation of its brothers and sisters living in the occupied territories. Oodweyne always misses the point, because he is trying to defend a lost cause. The time of clannism is long gone. Regionalism is dead, secessionism is dead, and federalism is dead. Somalia will be united under one authority. The native’s violence has set us free.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by me:

^^

When he was quoting Franz Fannon's wretched of the earth he forgot to mention that Frantz Fannon also stated that
the natives violence unifies the people. By its very structure, colonialism is separatist and regionalist. Colonialism does not simply state the existence of tribes; it also reinforces them. The colonial system encourages chieftaincies and keeps alive the old Marabout confraternities. Violence is all-inclusive and national. It follows that it is closely involved in the liquidation of regionalism and of tribalism.
The secessionist entity that Oodweyne is trying to protect is a perfect example of Clannism and Regionalism gone out of control. .

Well said ME. I liked your input.

Qudhac   

Originally posted by Mansa Munsa:

Dear Oodweyne
, You missed the point here, and no need of over expressing yourself.

what was the point you were attempting to make with this post.

can one miss a point if there was none made...

me   

Originally posted by Qudhac:

quote:Originally posted by Mansa Munsa:

Dear Oodweyne, You missed the point here, and no need of over expressing yourself.

Thanks Qudhac I thought that I was the only one that realized that no point was made and that it was just Oodweynes usual hot air. ( Isn't it a waste though? all that space, all that time, all that effort and no point made)

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Qudhac:

This piece was not intended to preset monolithic view individuals, so Qudhac every saga has two versions..get it ..or not get it ..it is a choice

liked this article. it is one of those few propaganda free look at where we are today and how low we as nation have managed to go in every sense and what little alternatives we have to get out. In my opinion, this writer pianted a very sad but true of all the sad people who call themselves leaders in our country. For Somaliland, this even worst. These pragmatic people have struggled to liberate their country (not their clan or a colonial state) but their hord work and sacrifices were hijacked by greedy selfserving remnants of what they were fighting. people of the south seem be going through this for the second time, first with warlords and with wadaads. The TFG on the other hand is by no means a panacea for all that ills our nation but an objective look at the alternatives will show that it is one of the few raods to return to what we were or even better.

Qudhac   

Originally posted by me:

quote:Originally posted by Qudhac:

quote:

Originally posted by Mansa Munsa:

Dear Oodweyne, You missed the point here, and no need of over expressing yourself.

Thanks Qudhac I thought that I was the only one that realized that no point was made and that it was just Oodweynes usual hot air. ( Isn't it a waste though? all that space, all that time, all that effort and no point made)
dear me.

young boy please read things very carfully before you start thanking people for agreeing with you.

AYOUB   

Hate-mongering and Mudug-bashing actually demonstrates the bankruptcy of the argument founded on fallacy and futility. How long would Somaliland’s desire for self-rule be abetted and promoted through rancid characters and hate for Walaweyn – a misnomer often used to symbolize the southerners as a lot.

Hell-hall has no fury like a reer Mudug scorned. smile.gif