Sign in to follow this  
wind.talker

Darfur: Arab supremacy at its ugliest

NGONGE   

NGONGE -

You're suju coz your name sounds like a Swahili word hehe. Anyways, I know where Darfur is on the map but I just don't understand why - if these Darfurians are Arabs indeed - there are no Arab refugees? Horta do you understand this basic tenet: that the Northern Sudanese don't consider themselves to be Black per se? Their skin color might be black but they consider themselves to be ABOVE the Southern Sudanese, who include local tribes such as the much-studied Nuer. If you can't comprehend the fact that the Khartoum regime and its Northern supporters DON'T consider themselves to be "Black," then we can't understand each other!

Isn't this what I've said in an earlier post?

So, your whole argument is that they’re doing this because they are Arab and the others are black. This is the only reason for this entire conflict, right?

Heh. Fair enough. Let us leave it here. :D

Salma   

Wind Talker:-

Boring ppl are boring coz they tell the truth isnt it?! Then I have no problem to be called a "Boring person with boring stories".

Keep talking 2 da wind.

juba   

Og girl

u said "the situation is bad as it is not genocide"

are u actually denying that this situation is not a genocide!!! the janjaweed ARE attempting to extermenate the ethnic southern sudanesse wether it be for resources or control over all of Sudan. They might be trying to push the southern sudanesse out of sudan by raiding the villages and so forth. It is working because the ethnic sudanesse by the hundreds are running out of their borders.

OG_Girl   

:D:D @Classique, I told you he talks as he walks... I think we gave him enough attention.Enough!

Juba, you are free to believe what you want. I pointed out what I believe and you did the same.

Leave it that way.

Salam

Haddad   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Southern again?

juba is still struggling with Sudan's geography. Fact of matter is, many Somalis know something about the decades-old conflict in South Sudan, but heard about Darfur only recently and mix it with the conflict in the South. That's what being a follower (instead of being assertive) leads to.

Weyne24   
Originally posted by wind.talker:

Under the 4.5 formula, the Baajuuns qualify as "Others" which essentially means "useless." Feel free to join the useless club..

Ouch!

All I know is that the days of the basal-eating beasts in Khartoum are numbered. Justice will prevail - whether Bush delivers it or not remains to be seen!

P.S. Its not about attention. Its about the fact that the SOL Arab League chooses not to accept that the Arab supremacist militias continue to inflict unimaginable injustices against innocent and unarmed Blacks in the Sudan!

Salma   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ We moved to the Dubai thread, saaxib. Your wisdom is needed there. Come, come
:D

Ngonge: Yaaakhi khalak ma7'9ar khair tawny agool le OG-Girl enny atmna ma yfta7 the Dubai thread, gal wisdom gal.

Wind talker is preparing a Letter to Mr.President don't disturb him? I don't think he has a time to waste in "Dubai Thread" :D

Salam

NGONGE   

^^^^ :D

Al7een enti men jad mo'9aayqa men kalaamhom? hadool ma7ad yeqdar yebadil raayhom '3eer Allah. Ana qa3id a'9ayi3 waqt fe hal mowa'9ee3 wo bas :D

Ba3deen bi 9araa7a hada Mokalim el reyaaa7 esloobah momti3 :D:D 9afeer el ree7 wo 7eyaatik :D

OG_Girl   

la2 wa Rabi mo mo'9yeqna beshay...htha walla 3ashrah menah, bess lazem na9a7eehom men '3aflathom . o salamatak :D

Classique what a nice name for our part: SOL Arab league...lol

Salam

Paragon   

As I see it, this is a tribal war; it is a conflict about scarcity of resource. These tribes co-existed for centuries without friction, however, I think, as the desert creeped into the lands inhibited by the Arab tribes, their only alternative was to get hold of some fertile land, much like the land inhibited by the people of the Fur tribe. This, I believe, was the dynamo of the friction between these two tribes. That being the case, the issue may not be the nature of the war but could be the power disparity the characterizes the nature of this ethnic conflict.

The argument that this conflict is one that suffers from exageration by the West, is an argument that I comprehend, because there is a likelyhood that the West is preparing the moral grounds on which to invade Sudan. This is not new; the Americans already invaded Sudan with the pretense of harbouring OBL. However though, another equally valid argument exists. This is the argument that, in the context of war, the Fur tribe possess not the equal chance of fighting off the Arab tribes, because of the setting the power on the ground. Talking seriously and internally this time, whilie brushing away foreign concerns, are we to believe that the government of Sudan is not taking sides? Or even more discomforting is the question, shall our closeness with our Arab brothers blind us from the causes or reasons that had made over a million Fur people flee and into camps?

Tribal wars of this era are propaganda driven; the Fur tribe claim a genocide; the Arab tribes dismiss all this as propaganda. The Arab tribes claim this war is being exagerated to legitimise international intervention headed by the US; and the Fur tribe expect from us Muslims to atleast do them justice by not dismissing their plea as Western propaganda. If we call this conflict a propaganda war, we will fail the Fur Muslims, if we dont, we will fail the Arab Muslims. It is a delicate matter that requires a fragile handling.

In that case, I think it is upon us Muslims to express our unbiased opinions on the matter in hand. Both warring sides would not find emotive responses and expressions useful; they will only find useful judgments based on fairness and honesty; not judgement and sentiments based on the emotions and biases of ethnic closessness or remoteness. So my fellow Nomads, are the Fur people making up accusation of mass killing or are Arab guilty of killings but denying what they have done?