Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Abdulahi Yusuf recognizes the idea of a State of Jubbaland?

We have more right to control Kismayo then people who came on ships some decades ago, when we have been living there, and our camels have been grazing there for more than a century

Haven't we all come on a ship? ;)

Makir, Good valid point. Honestly, I hope they will be invited in, even tho we say "Geel ninkii dhaqdaa Maala", in the past they were keen to help Morgan and pledged allegaince with him, which in no way served their intrests, however as you mentioned it would have been great if they take active role in admistration.

am

Xudeedi   

MMA, Unless you are disputing for the sake of dispute, Barre Hiirale's clan is , one among several the mentioned clans of this old Protectorate, which the British lumped them (Somali clans in this case) all as part of this protectorate.

They In fact, revolted against the colonial adminstration. Let me employ some X terms to refer to clans. Get a hint from the first letter

There were H- uprising in 1893, O- revolts in 1898, Mer- resistance in 1913. Their impact was felt and pacified.

Now, I am not objecting to the Gosha clans in Jamaame and vicinities, they are natives and have the first right to be the rightful managers of their land, unfortunately, they are not armed to defend themselves, or perhaps are devoid of sufficient human and financial resources.

It is all available if you give a chance overviewing this document, "Somali Resistance to Colonial Rule and the Development of Somali Political Activity in Kenya 1893-1960"

To conclude my remarks, Barre's control in Kismayo can't be reduced to the ranks of Indhacade or any other warlord who wrongfully occupies a territory by force. From Kismayo to Dhobley, these territories are under no question that Morgan or Barre, despite their sub-clan/political differences, the control of [are] the rightful owners.

Gabbal   

^Our good Miskiin waynu ka samirnay waaguu la yimi gobolka Gedo sanadyahii 1969 iyo 1991 baa duulaan lagu yimi. Alla maxaa ka raacay! :D Haatan Maskiin sanidyahii uu keenay waxuu ku turjumaa 1800 iyo 1900. Dhag ha u digin markay sheekada wax rer Gedo ku saabsan tahay, asxaab keena meel ba ku bukaa.

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

^Our good Miskiin waynu ka samirnay waaguu la yimi gobolka Gedo sanadyahii 1969 iyo 1991 baa duulaan lagu yimi. Alla maxaa ka raacay!
:D
Haatan Maskiin sanidyahii uu keenay waxuu ku turjumaa 1800 iyo 1900. Dhag ha u digin markay sheekada wax rer Gedo ku saabsan tahay, asxaab keena meel ba ku bukaa.

Beenta jooji. Waxaas camal, though, waa kaa sugaaye. Laakiin inaad i nabsado in a clear daylight waa xaaraan caleeg.

I wrote earlier reer Garbahaarey and Buuloxaawo are not the natives of Gedo. It is a documented history [including this lengthy and thoroughly researched paper by UN], a historical fact you yourself had agreed prior threads on this forum. I didn't say they arrived there by invasion. That is another nabsasho. They were welcomed there by the local rulers, the sultanate of Luuq, and then later in the Soomaali Galbeed War by forceful resettlement by the regime.

Since this obviously isn't about the history of Galgaduud, which you are fond to recall, ask the real -- certainly not the later-day sheegato like C/raxmaan Jaamac Barre-- elders, who were welcomed to Gedo as guests, later settling Buuloxaawo and Garbahaarey -- they might confirm this for you.

The larger towns Baardheere, Luuq and Ceelwaaq, you certainly know and knew who the majority of these towns were and still are. Don’t take my word for it; google non-Soomaali sources, such as above links, if you are seeking verification.

As for elections in 1960s, there was no Gedo, but Alta Jubba [Jubbada Sare] that consisted Jubbada Dhexe, Bakool, Gedo, Bay and some parts of Shabeellada Hoose.

What is known as Gedo had four seats in national parliament -- two seats from Luuq and two seats from Baardheere. As whom the MPs personally were and where they hailed from, I will leave you to figure them out. They certainly weren't bogus claimers like C/raxmaan Jaamac Barre, claiming to have been born in Luuq, where in fact it was somewhere in Soomaali Galbeed or Galgaduud.

Then again it is ridiculous trying to inform or even educate someone who regards a classical warlord not only a personal idol, but calling him, without a hint of irony, a "God-like" superhuman and "respected and honoured" man. Perhaps someone is confused about war[lord] and our Almighty, our Creator God.

God forbid.

Gabbal   

The larger towns Baardheere, Luuq and Ceelwaaq, you certainly know and knew who the majority of these towns were and still are.

Miskiin-

What do you think about this map?

And this excerpt from different source that backs it up?

In February 1917, Barrett moved into the Lorian region with a patrol to expropriate Aulihan livestock. Accompanied by 30 men from the Camel Corps and 30 mounted-infantry, he then proceeded towards M*****n country from Wajir to Elwak.

Source.

Adeer intaas baa kugu filan yaan umaleenahayaa. Hadalk intaa ka badan waa lagugu yidhi hadaad dhagaha u dhigaysi, inkalana wey macna la'aan.

I quote myself:

The larger towns Baardheere, Luuq and Ceelwaaq, you certainly know and knew who the
majority
of these towns were and still are.

Majority, majority, macalinka.

And about NFD, I thought we're talking about Gedo, not to mention there are two Ceelwaaq, as there are two Libooyo and Doollow.

For your map, it confirms what I was all trying to say. Baardheere and Luuq is inside Sab area, whatever Sab means, though I assume it refers to reer Arlaadi. Speaking of maps,there are several, one which details very clearly, unlike this obscure one.

Anyway, doodaan waan ka baxay. Ii baashaal, abaaba.

Gabbal   

Taariikh laguma xadgudbi karo. ;) Sheeko adaa la yimi, taariikhdu waa taa sxb. :D

Gedaa sheegtaye, cadayn baan ku keeni karayaa ku saabsan qabsashada Kismaayo Booranta laga qabsaday. smile.gif

It is my sincere wish inaynu isku imaan sheeko tanoo kale ku saabsan.

Nabad Galyo.

Originally posted by Miskiin

..... Don’t take my word for it; google non-Soomaali sources, such as above links, if you are seeking verification.

google non-Soomaali sources? sorry to burst your bubble Miskiin, this is not a reliable source at all. Do you yourself believe this or want us to believe that a large proportion of the Somali asylum-seekers in Nordic countries belong to the Marehaan clans? do you believe that? that is what your "source" saying.

In short, this report is not reliable source, as it was compiled based on some whites collecting information about Gedo and its people using variety of hostile places in and around Gedo as to many of the interpreters used were Garre & huuhaahis people from the other side of the border.

am

I thought this thread was about Jubaland state?

What is the point of proving the origins of which clan inhabited which area. As for Gedo the question should e who is the majority in the region know?

The majority today matter more than who lived in the area a century or more ago. There is very little demographic information on Somalia.

Originally posted by General Duke:

I thought this thread was about Jubaland state?

What is the point of proving the origins of which clan inhabited which area. As for Gedo the question should e who is the majority in the region know?

The majority today matter more than who lived in the area a century or more ago. There is very little demographic information on Somalia.

So-called, dreamy Jubbaland talks about the incorporation degmooyin iyo beero xoog lagu heysto. And noo, it isn't about beerooyinka Jubbooyinka. Kuwaas maba la gaarin. It is about the forceful occupation of Baardheere and Luuq, and later Ceelwaaq.

No, it isn't about what happened a 'century' ago, it was what happened after the civil war. The majority of Baardheere or Luuq inhabitants and the beeraha dadkaas dabcan jiray xoog baa loogu heystaa, as it is in Shabeellada Hoose or Jubbooyinka. Read that United Nations report with links adigaa arki kartid. I don't think inay a researched and completely finished UN paper been sheegeyso, kuwa qabyaalada la degtayna run sheegayaan.

As for who is majority now, no body knows. Still dadkaas xooga loogu heysto beerahooda waa joogaan qaarkood, but can't have their farms back. Some left to other nearby towns. Well, xaqdaro ma soconeyso, as Caydiid, Moorgan, et al., who all occupied Baardheere and other towns nearby, had seen it.

*************PLEASE DON'T USE TRIBAL NAMES ON SOMALIA ONLINE*****************

[ May 07, 2006, 11:04: Message edited by: Admin ]

Gabbal   

Gedoy xaal qaado!

Maskiin adeer qabyaalad baad u karaankaraysaaye, yaa weeye dadkaad sheegeesi oo la ceyrshe? Ileen waad inoo sheegtay inaad ahayd nin Ciyaalka Xaafada rer Xamar iska ahaaye, reer ahaane aad kasoo jeedid Degmada Xudur ee ku taal gobolka Bakool, ujadadaada maxay tahay? Qabyaalad haday tahay, qabyaalad waa kula galikaraynaa, xaq haday tahayne aan ku aragno shaqsigaadoo bal mar ka hadlaya ama sheegayo turaanturoodka Somaliland ee ula turaanturayaan dhul aynan qabaa'iladeedda lahayn.

Ha ahaato. Waxaad keentay "A U.N report" miyaad tidh? Report waxay ku dhisantahay various levels of accounts. Is it primary account? A secendary account? Those accounts are a testament to the impartiality and objectivity of the report. Let's see what sort of account your report used:

Abdishakur Othowai said
that, before the civil war, the R*******n clans formed the largest community in Bardera.

Abdishakur Othowai explained
that, before the civil war, the Bantu community known as the Gabaweyn were in the majority in Luuq, but during the war most Gabaweyn members fled to

Ethiopia.

Abdishakur Othowai
, Coordinator for the Nomadic Primary Health Care Programme, Mandera however, took the view that, although the Gedo region was generally considered a M*****n one, the M*****n clans formed only the fourth largest clan group in Gedo.

Inagaa ba'nay! Ninka magaciise baa cadayn u ah cidahuu kasoo jeedo, siyasadiisa waa mid taadu la siman. :D

Maskiin, do not take our intelligence for granted sir. If this is the truth behind the fact-finding you have brought as the golden proof, I am sorry sxb to have even taken you seriously in the outset.

Ha ahaato. Magaalada Baardhere Somaliyoo idil ayaa dagto, dadkaa deegaan ahaan u lehne shaki kumo jidho, murana kama taagno where it matters. Luuq sidoo kale. Garbaharey sidoo kale. Buurdhuubo sidoo kale. Beled-Xaawo sidoo kale. Doollo sidoo kale.

El-Wak kali weeye meel ay muran ka taagnayd, iyadana la xaliyay.

Gedo walaal ha u qaadan inay ku dhex-taal meel Baydaba iyo Buur-Hakaba u dhaxayso.

Marka adeer Soomaali waa iyadii kol horay tidhi Ninba kaskisuu hadlaa. ;)