Sign in to follow this  
Gediid

A quick glance at the Politics Section

AYOUB   

Gediid here is a few quotes from 2003 which left images in my head...

Originally posted by Gashaamo:

And that my dear Mr Baashi is the difference between me as somalilander who is aware of the fact of my reality, my potential as a people, as of my ingenuity of making national statehood out of the ruins of greater somalia state-prison, and the far brighter satisfying destiny to which I am constructing for my tomorrows on one hand; and on the other hand we have the myopic merchant of self-deluded fantasist, such as yours and others the likes of HornAfrique and Sumurai Warior who are in that pitifull state, who is stuck with a miserable and failed dream known as a greater somalia, with a destitute national honour, seriously malignant national dignity, teaming with a child-killers and brutal warlords, bereft of anything worth aspiring to as a people, other than the latest demeaning order from the self-appointed igad apparatchiks and functionaries of ethiopians and kenyans so-called peace mediators, as to what to think of collectively and imaginatively or consciously for that matter, and what manner of statehood to hope for as a nation known as the former failed state of somalia -what a fallen fate for a nation to contemplate-.

Originally posted by Samurai Warrior:

In a nutshell, Hablo – if you wish to turn the political forum into a kitchen table where the latest hair highlighters, nail polishers, trendy leotards, clips from gossip pages, infoMail discussions, and personalities rather than issues are being discussed, you are welcome to it.

Dialogue and discourse in any discipline are an apparatus of discussing issues of concern, and dissecting matters of interest. As gloves are out, amicability if at all attained is an improbable bonus. You obviously do seem to have a rather congenial definition of what it entails, thus it shall, as you wish, be a platform of discussion for the shoes colours, pms and non related subjects.

Originally posted by Grinov:

.... its a very tough decision, but i would vote for abdullahi yusuf and this is why.

he is a murdurer and a traitor, but he has the politicall savyness, and the U.S and Ethiopian backing that will ensure the initial success of the government. in few years , insha allah he will die of his liver problems, while somalia will get a better leader to build on his success.

Originally posted by guleedyare:

..... iam not fan for abdulahi but like he said ak 47 will not rule somalia if he is in power. then i will go back home and enjoy the sun shine and work as wheather man on Tv, and say tomorrow will be same as yesterday

Rokko   

Originally posted by Samurai Warrior:

if you wish to turn the political forum into a kitchen table

lol. No doubt that was a classic line. It silenced alot of critics who hated him.

The dude is very passionate about his home state Puntland. very consistent and respectful fella na'mean. Ya hardly see him insulting nomads na'mean.

I respect the dude.

Liqaye   

tehehehe some people must be thinking they are in the running for political office.

smile.gif , but an iska amuuso before people look up MY profile.