Sign in to follow this  
IL CAPO

21st OF OCTOBER and EID.

Is 21st of october, the glamourous day Somali people would go out on the streets and sing "maanta maanta maanta waa maalin weyn ee maanta....". Perhaps 10 october will replace that day and fill our vacuüm with a day of joy.

nuune   

we hope for the best,

Qaranka Saomliya wuu soo noqdey, Heybaddii waddanka wey soo noqatay, Farxaddii wadaninimadii ayaa dib noogu soo laabatay, wixii dhibka iyo kala go'a soomaliya ka shaqeenayo Ilaah ha inaga qabto, aamiin

Rahima   

I don't remember any of this 21st October celebration, and the ciids are vague.

But how angry i am when i am reminded of what we missed out on. We are basically the sore losers in this whole equation. We don't even have memories to cherish.

What a shame. Inshallah our children will be able to live such sweet moments (ciid in a Muslim country is a wonder, ciid in your homeland is a dream fulfilled-dreamer i am).

Wiilo   

Well, Rahima sis, i don't know about u, but i have whole a lot of memories that i cherish, and i remember ciid celebrations back home. May be u grew up somewhere other than our homeland, or may be u were so young to remember, but eather one. I really remember a lot.

Wabillaahi Towfiiq: