Sign in to follow this  
facklexm

Somaliland's prosperous refugees return to invest in their country

N.O.R.F   

The issue here is not whether Somaliland is recognised or not but rather the work people can do for themselves if the right surroundings are provided/accomplished. Many investors are going home to invest in their's and their children's future and this article highlights that.

Take the recognition question to the bolatiks section bleees.

Well said northerner....I can't wait to start my designer diraac bizness in hargeisa...and maybe build a lill fortress for aniga and grandkids to come inshallah..so as to 'add' to the 'bursting at the seams ' somaliland... smile.gif

ElPunto   

Originally posted by facklexm:

Helping Somalilanders acquire skills to support themselves is one of many goals of a $200 million Comprehensive Plan of Action (CPA) – to improve the lives of Somalis in the four main countries of asylum (Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya and Yemen) and returnees and displaced within the country.

In an area where being rich is defined as eating three meals a day, the regional CPA is designed to help place Somalis on a more stable footing by, among other aims, protecting returnees and displaced people, improving the nutrition of women and children, improving access to clean water, and increasing access to health care and education.

With initial backing by the European Commission, Denmark, Netherlands and the United Kingdom, UNHCR and other United Nations agencies plan to present the CPA to donors later this year. This fundraising event will be the first phase of a larger donor appeal that aims to turn an assessment of needs of Somalis into a three-year development plan.

Where was UNHCR before? Why are they TRYING to fund stuff now - after many people have invested personally and have done well for themselves and their community? These people want to usurp the successes and progress made by individuals to press for moneys and funding that will go mostly into the pockets of UNHCR staff.

facklexm   

Needless to say that Somaliland is a collapsed beast. Getting it back to something that resembles normality is not likely to come out of a conference held in foreign country, attended by people who so many question marks hang over their integrity as well as their credibility. In plain English Somaliland needs a natural remedy and grassroots approach. Not solutions worked out by former collaborators and their pseudo-academic friends.

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by SOO MAAL:

I guess you are referring to Northwest Somalia (so-called Somaliland), because there is other regions in North Somalia, North-Central Somalia (Sool Sanaag andCayn), and Northeast (Bari).

You have .... walaahi. Horta meesha ma caruur baad la sheekaynaysaa…?. Saxiib marka ragu meesha ku wada hadlayo inaad iska aamustaa kuu haboon ilay waxba ku hadlimayside.

BTW, I never said anything about Yey's clan and your association of it. All I said is, ACCORDING to you he is going to make things better in Somalia....

"NINBA MEESHA BUKTAA ISAGAY BALBASHAA"

[ April 06, 2006, 02:38: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Allamagan:

^^Waxaan ogahay in Maandeeq godlan doonto

goordhow, lagana wada dhergi doono. Haddii

gees ha ubaxdidna waa laaga laysani ogoow
:D

am

First, let me say this with all honesty…I have no idea what the hell is LAYSANI means. I’m giving the chance to explain it to me before I respond. I’m not gonna jump to the conclusion and speculate.

Secondly, don’t you know MAANDEEQ was slaughtered and killed prematurely years ago for those who didn’t value its existence?

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Northerner:

The issue here is not whether Somaliland is recognised or not but rather the work people can do for themselves if the right surroundings are provided/accomplished. Many investors are going home to invest in their's and their children's future and this article highlights that.

Take the recognition question to the bolatiks section bleees.

Well said bro. Everything is political to some people.

SOO MAAL   

Originally posted by Jaylaani:

quote:Originally posted by SOO MAAL:

I guess you are referring to Northwest Somalia (so-called Somaliland), because there is other regions in North Somalia, North-Central Somalia (Sool Sanaag andCayn), and Northeast (Bari).

You have .... walaahi. Horta meesha ma caruur baad la sheekaynaysaa…?. Saxiib marka ragu meesha ku wada hadlayo inaad iska aamustaa kuu haboon ilay waxba ku hadlimayside.

BTW, I never said anything about Yey's clan and your association of it. All I said is, ACCORDING to you he is going to make things better in Somalia....

"NINBA MEESHA BUKTAA ISAGAY BALBASHAA"
Cajiib

War ileen balaaya la arkay, maxaa yarkan la eyga siiyaa imaba yaqaanee!!!

Subxaanallaah

Why should this man is to a great extent offends me personally? I don’t understand why

1) When the topic is Somaliland returnees investing their homeland

2) And Mr SOOMAAL didn’t post anything at all in this particular thread first

Why would he commenting on Mr. Soomaal’s position on Abdulaahi ?!!

Jayleeni

SXB, You only need to speak for yourself; you only need to post your opinions on the issues at hand NOT to comment about Mr Soomaals position about Abdulaahi, or Mr Soomaal’s brain. Please don’t put words into my mouth, because Abdulaahi and Riyaale are same cohorts they are both warlords and were former army officers in Siad Barre regime.

Personally, I expressed only my opinions on issues, not people (other members of the forum)

I could have responded using offensive words like you did, BUT I choose to react with civility and maturity.

I am a Somali from northern regions, a strong supporter of united Somalia, and have a great affection to my Somali people. I presume you also another fellow from northern regions who care his Somali people but just happen to have a different stance (a divided Somalia in line with colonial history). We need to exchange our views without finger pointing or offending each other. I request you to stop the unhealthy talk (if you can’t handle my views just do me favor ignore my posts). From my side I will assure to not comment about you or your posts.

Where are the fake administrators and moderators? That is my great concern

Shame on Somalia online

[ April 06, 2006, 02:39: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Jaylaani   

MAAL,

Cry me a river.

When you speak properly about issues on hand than I will respond to intelligently. Until than you're nothing but the creature who MISQOUTES dead Muslim and proud of it. Something I don’t admire nor I respect.

Lol@Riyalle is warlord. That is f.uckcing hilarious. I find it very amusing how you go to the extreme to discredit people and honor others. ILAAHAYOW HANA CADAABIN.

Seriously, your people are suffering more than others as we speak in the hands of so called their clan men. You should focus on the deaths and destructions in your back yard rather than Somalis as whole. See, when you help your self than you can help your brother before that you have no leverage.

There is nothing wrong loving Somalis, ALLAH knows I do, but to disrespect others such as Riyaale and Somaliland people as whole in the expense of it, is uncalled for. I suggest you to reevaluate your position. That is word of wisdom from Jaylaani.

BTW, I bet you go to Hargeisa in the summer.

SOO MAAL   

Jaylaani

You choose to use the most offensive language, and it seems that moderators are comfortable with it.

I find it very amusing how you go to the extreme to discredit people and honor others. ILAAHAYOW HANA CADAABIN.

You describing yourself, you are a big hypocritical

but to disrespect others such as Riyaale and Somaliland people as whole in the expens, is uncalled for. I suggest you to reevaluate your position. That is word of wisdom from Jaylaani.e of it

To disrespect others such as new government, Somalia, and north-central (sool sanag and cayn) people as whole in the expense of Somaliland, is uncalled for. I suggest you to re-examine your position

I preferred a mature discussion but is seems u enjoy you exchanging offensive words like peanut size brain, xaya waan.

Earlier I requested from you for us to have a mature discussion or end our discussion but you described it "cry me a riverâ€. It seem to me you declined my offer and choose to continue your hateful posts. Waxaa horay loo yidhi ninba suu rabo ayaa loo la hadlaa

If I am going back, I know where I am, going you not telling me.

Jaylaani   

^^^^I’m not hypocrite. I think you misunderstood the definition of the word. I’m true with my game (Somaliland for life WITHOUT HATING OTHERS). Could you say the same thing about your self?

BTW, congratulations for coming to your senses and changing your quotes. However, you should stay current with Somali affairs. INCASE YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THE BRITISH LEFT IN 1960.

I think your QOUTES should be little bit more inspiring of what is going on in your life so you can do better not something that was resolved 46 yrs ago.

P.S. When did I use offensive language with you?

-Lily-   

Nice, must be good for the locals, but this is happening all over Somalia, the more stable regions that is. People have to live somehow, time isn't going to stop for them.