Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

Learn to stay humble!

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,

Performing prayers is very important because it gets you closer to God , therefore , excuses shouldnt be made to not pray on time such as laziness or lack of time , except when you're at school or at your work , still you should seek permission from your employer , he/she might agree to let you pray , you never know.

But today, I heard the worst of all excuses for not praying.I was with an acquaintance at the university and since it was getting closer to the afternoon prayer , I suggested my friend that we should pray. My friend performs all her salats but this time , she told me she couldnt pray because she was wearing tight pants. I told her that she could , since she had no other clothes and salat was not to be delayed.

Well, she refused and I replied that I knew a prayer house where cabayas were available for the girls so they could cover themselves during prayers.She still refused and I asked her what was her excuse this time and she replied that she didnt like to use clothes that other people wore and preferred to pray at home ,where of course she would wear her clothes.

Guess what? I was stunned , I was mad even though I didnt show it ,I found her comment very insulting. I told her that saying that wouldnt give her good bonuses specially when salat was far more important that the clothes she wore.Again , she refused and I stopped insisting because I knew I would've said something bad to her.

Well, I have met some other people who thought like her , who almost fainted at the thought of someone else wearing their clothes. I still remember when my own cousin refused to let me borrow one of her shirts or even got tensed because I sat one her bed.

I do understand that people dont want to lend you their belongings ,it is normal but they are scared not because you might lose the clothes but because you are going to wear them as if you had diseases.These same people might sometimes be disgusted or ashamed to buy from low-incomes clothing store just because it wasnt appropriate to wear something used.

Well , one day you might not afford the clothes that you want and ending buying from the cloting stores you despised.Learn to stay humble even when its hard but when it comes to praying no excuses should be made.

Thanks for your patience nomads.

Qac Qaac   

waw that's weird.. what kind of phobia do they have.. even they are willing salat to leave them.. no excuse..

I don't think it is about staying on humble but i would rather think, those ppl need help. take them to the nearest phychiatrist.

Saalixa   

Sis i know how you feel

i could feel your emancipation but guees what you call those people,,,perverted.

I went to all girls school and some girls somehow never finished thier menstrual peroid for more than five years and they will go to the non prayer room day in day out and when you ask them the reason will be the same smile.gif . That made me sick and special becasue the worst deed and biggest sin insight of Allah is a person who does not pray and even if they do who doesn't do it on time. We laugh but in the sight of Allah it is tremendous

Khayr   

Salaamz,

more famous excuses are

-I AM NAJIS, so I can't pray! :rolleyes:

-I don't Have WUDU, so I can't pray, u can go ahead and pray without me , I'll pray at home

(arabs are infamous for this!) :confused:

Fi Amanillah

You guys are so mean and judgemental! :mad: .

I almost never pray outside. I miss duhr and Asr prayers almost all the times 'cause I'm in university or working. I find mosques very uncomfortable and dont even go to the one in my university. Of course the fact that im not in proper muslima attire doesnt help. This doesn't mean I dont want to pray, its just dat I want to pray with a peace of mind - at home. Yes, waan qaleeyaa salaada on a regular basis. Go on and roll your eyes some more.

Khayr   

And those who strictly guard their (five compulsory congregational) Salawat (prayers) (at their fixed stated hours).

from Surat Al-Mumin on on the qualities of a Believer

(Successful indeed are the believers) means, they have attained victory and are blessed, for they have succeeded. These are the believers who have the following characteristics:

[الَّذÙينَ Ù‡Ùمْ ÙÙÙ‰ صَلاَتÙÙ‡Ùمْ خَـشÙعÙونَ ]

(Those who with their Salah are Khashi`un.) `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said:

[خَـشÙعÙونَ]

"(Khashi`un) means those with fear and with tranquillity.'' This was also narrated from Mujahid, Al-Hasan, Qatadah and Az-Zuhri. It was reported from `Ali bin Abi Talib, may Allah be pleased with him, that Khushu` means the Khushu` of the heart. This was also the view of Ibrahim An-Nakha`i. Al-Hasan Al-Basri said, "Their Khushu` was in their hearts.'' So they lowered their gaze and were humble towards others. Khushu` in prayer is only attained by the one who has emptied his heart totally, who does not pay attention to anything else besides it, and who prefers it above all else. At that point it becomes a delight and a joy for eyes, as in the Hadith recorded by Imam Ahmad and An-Nasa'i from Anas, who said that the Messenger of Allah said:

«حÙبّÙبَ Ø¥Ùلَيَّ الطّÙيب٠وَالنّÙسَاءÙØŒ وَجÙعÙلَتْ Ù‚Ùرَّة٠عَيْنÙÙŠ ÙÙÙŠ الصَّلَاة»

(Fragrance and women have been made dear to me, and Salah was made the joy of my eye.)

Surat Al-Muminoon,the beginning verses

So inshallah from the above quotations,

its a definite SIGN OF IMAN and QUALITY

of a MUMIN/MUMINA not to DELAY salats pass their times and when you have an opportunity to perform salat with others, to inshallah take up that offer b/c their is more barakah in salatul jamma then praying alone or delaying the salat.

When I was in school, I used to pray so many little corners of the university like some rat lol

until we had a pray place/room.

When I would go out with nonmuslim friends, I would always schedule my meeting with them around my salat times, they would often ask why and I'd tell them some story, the close ones , I'd tell them its cause I gotta pray.

Fi Amanillah

Senora   

Like 7 of 9, i feel more comfortable praying at home then anywhere else ( except for jummah). However the point is taken at there being a sin in delaying the prayer.

Personally Bambina, I dont like wearing items worn by many either. And this is just how I am, but i prefer to wear MY clean clothes when i pray. Not to say that those items weren't clean, but the thought of their being extra cabayaas for the use of ANYONE who needs it, doesn't sound really hygenic...

Originally posted by Bambina:

I still remember when my own cousin refused to let me borrow one of her shirts or even got tensed because I sat one her bed.

Sounds like she has a phobia. In any case, we shouldn't be going around judging people without knowing all the information. At the same time, we shouldn't be trying to "force" people to answer our questions because most often than not, you will get a wrong answer.

Taqwa   

Assalamu Alaikum Wr Wb,

Walaalo Bambina Jazakallah Kheiran. I always say, when the day of Judgement comes, every soul shall answer for its deeds. I have noticed that within the Somali community when we tend to exchange knowledge, our people see it as a threat rather then a warning. We are suppose to be freightened to the point where we should constantly watch our actions.

According to a hadith a companion of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) came to him one day and asked him "What is the thing that Allah (s.w.t.) loves most?" Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) replied "The thing that Allah (s.w.t.) loves most is when his people pray salah on time."

The Rasulullah (s.a.w.) also said "The key to HEAVEN is SALAH. The key to SALAH is PURIFICATION.

Qac Qaac   

brother easy.. don't read a whole ayat on them, try to understand them, gain them to your side, to push them aside tell them the reason why they can't delay their salats everytime...

sister 7 of 9.. maybe once in a while u could delayed, but not everyday... u have to make time for the salat.. in work places they let u go where i live, it is part of their law in canada. i don't know where u live... but i would assume most of the western countries would let u pray at work.. and at universities come on sister u could just get out and pray, and come back, is only 5 min it won't kill u...

sister 7 of 9.. maybe once in a while u could delayed

QAC qAC lets say duhr starts at 1 and ends at 3:30, at that time asr would start! are you implying one can pray duhur at 3:35 ? please clarification with evidents of course!

Qac Qaac   

no.. salafi online.. she should pray before 3:30 of course.. but that's not what i am after, i am after the way u talk to her, tell her with nasiixa bro.. don't just put ayat in front of them, and tell her she is woed.. that's all, the dacwah part i am after.. but u r right, she should pray before the adaam of asr.

^^^ Saxib Jazakallahu khayr for your clearification,

i posted the words of the most High without comments, if the meaning of HIS words are abrasive saxib, then you and i need to speak asap!

silent sumed it best for me!

"I have noticed that within the Somali community when we tend to exchange knowledge, our people see it as a threat rather then a warning. We are suppose to be freightened to the point where we should constantly watch our actions"

May Allah bless our hearts!