Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

SOL/Politics section key players for dummies

NGONGE   

Originally posted by dhulQarnayn:

^^ war ninkaan magaalbaa?

Who are you asking? :D

Anyway. Your silly post above reminded me of the story of the Somali that returned to his hometown after years of living and studying abroad. One day, as he was strolling in the village, he met one of his childhood friends (named Abdi).

Abdi: is that you Cali?

Cali: yes it is me.

Abdi: I have not seen you for years, my friend. Where have you been all this time?

Cali: I've been away studying.

Abdi: Studying? What did you study?

Cali: Philosophy and Logic

Abdi: Logic? What is that?

Cali: I spent years studying the subject and you expect me to explain it to you in seconds? Fine. I'm going to try. Do you own a dog?

Abdi: Yes.

Cali: that means you also have a front yard where you house this dog.

Cali: and if you have a front yard, you must be living in a villa.

Abdi (excitedly): Yes. Yes.

Cali: a young man like you can't own a villa, so you must be living with your parents.

Abdi: yes.

Cali: and if your parents can still afford to keep you at home at your age then they must be rich.

Abdi: they are.

Cali smiles and says: you see? By finding out that you own a dog I managed to rationally work out that you come from a good, rich family. This, my friend, is logic.

Abdi was impressed and went away shaking his head at the beauty of logic.

Later, as he was walking out from his evening prayers, he spotted an old nodding acquaintance of his. Abdi always wanted to strike up a conversation with the guy but never had a suitable opening. Now he did.

Abdi: hi

Acquaintance: hi

Abdi: I never spoke to you before but I can tell that you're a nice man who comes from a good family.

Acquaintance: How can you tell?

Abdi: I used logic.

Acquaintance: What's that?

Abdi: You'll find out in just a minute. But first, tell me, do you own a dog?

Acquaintance: Acoodo bi Allah. Dogs are dirty animals, my friend. No. I don't own one.

Abdi (disappointedly): I was WRONG about you.

Originally posted by Gediid:

Duke

Sxb sheekadan waxey i xasuusisey sheeko aan beri hore maqley.An old wise man once told a young girl adeer koree ama hoose aduun baa daban.Somali meel kasta oo joogto sheekadaas baa heysta ama Abdullahi raac ama wadaad ahow ama wax kale sheego you are what the old man said.Up or down somalis are getting screwed left and right,the only difference between you and the rest is we are fighting it either in deed or in words whereas adigu sidii lax badhi weyn baad isugu kala heysaa gumeystaha.

^ :D @Lax Badhi weyn,Walle mafiyobid.

I wonder what group that Poor lax(badhi weyn) will be catogarized into. Any takers? smile.gif

First, degrading someone solely because of a point of view he or she may hold, is a clear indication to me that such a person is unintelligent.

Second, a unintelligent person, by definition, lacks wisdom and is more likely to be significantly less benevolent than they otherwise might be, because a wise person, by being wise, is naturally benevolent by nature.

Third, a unintelligent person who lacks wisdom and is not benevolent by nature, is, by definition, someone who lacks courage.

Fourth, someone who lacks courage, is by definition, a very selfish person and selfish people do not consistently make good decisions.

Fifth, a person who does not consistently make good, sound decisions, is someone whose judgement I would not trust, and, in my opinion, should not be trusted.

Sixth, a person whose judgement I do not trust, is someone whom I can not trust. Period.

Excellent way to define a person. I hope those ciyaal suug in SOL will learn from this analysis.

Originally posted by General Duke:

The bewildered group:
It is not easy to title this desperate bunch as a group, they are a collection of confused individuals, who have lost their bearings, some hold unnecessary clan based guilt, and others just hate a certain clan. They do not hold a clear ideology, romantics who have lost their way. Others gullible fellows who just follow the mob. For anyone to believe that the “insurgents” or leaders of the third group are “religious” is not mentally competent. They usually crave attention, seek praise and believe they hold the keys to paradise the answers, the confused lot think they are “smarter” than the rest. However they tend to flip flop, make unnecessary predictions wholly unrealistic resulting in them further confusing themselves. These individuals one has much sympathy for, for they do not know what they do. Usually those fortunate enough will fall into the above groups and get out of the wilderness.

Thus my friends this is a true reflection of SOL, with much sorrow and no woo I will depart from this topic.

Out of curiosity saxiib why were you a supporter of TFG and why the sorrow ?

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote:Originally posted by dhulQarnayn:

^^ war ninkaan magaalbaa?

Who are you asking?
:D

Anyway. Your silly post above reminded me of the story of the Somali that returned to his hometown after years of living and studying abroad. One day, as he was strolling in the village, he met one of his childhood friends (named Abdi).

Abdi: is that you Cali?

Cali: yes it is me.

Abdi: I have not seen you for years, my friend. Where have you been all this time?

Cali: I've been away studying.

Abdi: Studying? What did you study?

Cali: Philosophy and Logic

Abdi: Logic? What is that?

Cali: I spent years studying the subject and you expect me to explain it to you in seconds? Fine. I'm going to try. Do you own a dog?

Cali: that means you also have a front yard where you house this dog.

Cali: and if you have a front yard, you must be living in a villa.

Abdi (excitedly): Yes. Yes.

Cali: a young man like you can't own a villa, so you must be living with your parents.

Abdi: yes.

Cali: and if your parents can still afford to keep you at home at your age then they must be rich.

Abdi: they are.

Cali smiles and says: you see? By finding out that you own a dog I managed to rationally work out that you come from a good, rich family. This, my friend, is logic.

Abdi was impressed and went away shaking his head at the beauty of logic.

Later, as he was walking out from his evening prayers, he spotted an old nodding acquaintance of his. Abdi always wanted to strike up a conversation with the guy but never had a suitable opening. Now he did.

Abdi: hi

Acquaintance: hi

Abdi: I never spoke to you before but I can tell that you're a nice man who comes from a good family.

Acquaintance: How can you tell?

Abdi: I used logic.

Acquaintance: What's that?

Abdi: You'll find out in just a minute. But first, tell me, do you own a dog?

Acquaintance: Acoodo bi Allah. Dogs are dirty animals, my friend. No. I don't own one.

Abdi (disappointedly): I was WRONG about you.
"A dog who attends a flea circus most likely will steal the whole show."

Waryaa idaa!