Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Best Screen Names On Islam Page

Nur   

Salaam Nomads

From time to time, I come across great screen names on this page, but because i am always focused on the articles, I loose sight of these special screen names. Today inshaAllah I am going to post my favored screen name, please post yours and explain what it means to you.

Allah-u-baahne

Meaning:

He Who Seeks Allah For All His Needs

For me, this is by far the best choice of an screen name, it has the deepest meaning of any name that I came across. This screen name is the epitome of true service and worship of Allah SWT, it shows a dependent servant on His maker, whose major worry is his connection to the service of His Lord and the quality of that service.

Unlike humans, the more you are in need for Allah, the closer you get to Him, and the more He loves you, those who do not seek Allah in their needs are doomed and suffer punishment in this life in the form of worries and misfortunes, and the in the next in the form of being distanced from Allah's mercy.

Thats my choice for today, whats yours?

Nur

Coloow   

Nuurow, aniga ma i iloowday saaxib? Just kidding!

I agree Alle(a)-U baahane is a symobolic name. Nur is not bad either. Caaqil iskaba daa! smile.gif

Coloow   

Caaqil waxaa laga wadaa qof wadaad u dhalay (dhal awliyo) waranlena wax aay u galeen.

Runtii ma aqaani, laakin waxaan u maleeynayaa ruux caqli badan.. Compare with Cilmi (who is someone who has acquired knowledge). Caaqil is not neccessarily someone who acquires it. He is born with a brain!

Nur   

Sweeter than my tea

Caaqil waxaa lagaa wadaa, a tribal chief in Somali, in the Arabic it is simply means " An Intelligent Guy", unfortunately most represenatatives to the new Somali Parliament in Nairobi are not caaqils, thus their problem of being a mentally challenged lot.

Nur

Coloow   

Wager, oo kelmada CAAQIL ma luqada carabiga ayaay ka timid? oo maxaay noo yiraahdeen waa kelmad soomali ah.?

Nuurow, doofaareey waxaa iskugu yimid dad caqliga ilaahey ka qaaday, gaalo-jecel ah oo dhiig islaan daadintiisa ku qaraabto kuna bahoobay.

Kuwaasi caqligooda waxaay ku bedesheen qabiil, qurun, qarbudaad iyo qaran dumis.

Waxaan ku weydinayaa Nuurow, diinta maxaay ka qabtaa dadka magacyada bedesho? Maadaama ummadda soomaliyeed ay u soo qulqultay dibadaha, carli gaalana la joogo, waxaan arkay dad badan oo doonayo inaay bedelaan magacyadoodi, sababtoo ah waxaay doonayaa magacyo soomaliyeed.

Markii aan weydiyey sababta waxaay ii sheegeen inaysan naceeb carbeed ka ahayn, oo aay tahay inaay soo nooleyaan magacyada somaliyeed sida:sida Qowdhan, Jilicow, Fiidow, Jimcaale, geedi, Guleed, warsame.

Viking   

I would select Nur.

Definition: Light

Hardly for it's literal meaning but for the role played by the person who has chosen this screen-name. A very approriate name for someone who has taken on himslef the duty of trying to guide people (Muslims and non-Muslims alike) to keep away from the Naar (hellfire) and strive towards the Nur (Noor-Light).

"Allah is the Noor (Light) of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His Noor (Light) is as a niche where there is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as a shining star. (This lamp is) kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Noor (Light) upon Noor (Light), Allah guides to His Noor (Light) whom He will. And Allah speaks to mankind in allegories, for Allah is knower of all things. (Suratul-Nur 24:35)

A/calaykum.

Alla-u-baahane and Nur are good names, but all the asmaa-u-llaahil-xusnaa will do it for me. They are all pleasing to the mind and soul and none of them is lesser in magnitude and significance than the other.

Abdu-Allah, AbduRahman, Abdul-Qahaar, Abdu-Wali etc.

Pity no one uses them here, or at least I didn't see.

I still have this image in my head of how Nur and his work suit each other. A man named Light, Enlightens [tries to] others. Maansha Allah.

.... "Nuur-un calaa Nur.... "

w/salaam.

Nur   

Caaqil bro.

How can I miss such a great name? well, it takes a Caaqil to seek Allah SWT with all of his soul and body, the reason I have chosen Allah u baahne is because I can relate to it so much, I am never satisfied in my persuit to seek Allah SWT, so that is why I selected that name. Maryooleyda degtay carli gaalo oo rabta iney baddasho magacyadooda waa u bannan tahay, sharciga Islaamka waa balaadhan yahay haddeyan ka aheyn neceyb Islaam.

Viking bro

MaashaAllah Tabaarakallah, walaal, the verses of Suuratul Nur are stunning, no matter how many times I read these verses, it shakes my bones, I listened to a nasheed by Yususf Islam titled " God is Light, God is The Light" wallahi, it made me cry. I pray that Allah makes me worthy of the name I chose as my screen name, so that I can share my thoughts in this medium reaching all those who read these pages no matter where they are located. Again, may Allah bless you for your kind thoughts, please pray for me, I pray that Allah SWT rejoins all of us in Jannah. Amin

Aniga

Indeed walaal, Nurun Calaa Nur, Light Upon Light, Allah guides toward His light whom he pleases, may Allah guide the billions of mankind who are seeking their God to the straight path amin.

My other choices are

Raxmah which what we seek from Allah

and

Raxiimah Who is a person who exhibits that trait,

If I had the chance to choose a new screen name, it would be:

Muxibukum-fillaah

meaning, loving you all for Allah's sake.

Nur

Wiilo   

^^^Waite a minute guys, what about my name,,kidding...

I totally agree with you on that, Alla-ubaahne is great screen name....

Nur is excellent too

Wabillaah:............

raula   

Pray for all of Us brother NUR. Indeed, the usernames deserve the names since they depict such worthy praises.

And insha-allah May Allah s.w. not place Maca qowmul Dalimiin (rabanaa la tajcalnaa maca qowmul dalimiin-Amin)7:47 and as certainly Al-biru' xasnul qal'q- to be Righteous is goodness of character (rawaul Muslim).

Baashi   

Alle-u-Baahane,

Nur (Allah yaziidak),

Rahima,

Raxmah,

Ameenah,

Bishaaro,

Caaqil (meaning wax-garad),

A-Ladiif,

Barwaaqo (now-ex),

Khayr,

Nurradin,