Sign in to follow this  
Jumatatu

UAE president dies

Jumatatu   

"The royal court announces to Arab and Islamic countries and the rest of the world the death of the leader of the nation Shaikh Zayid bin Sultan al-Nahayan on Tuesday evening," said an announcement read out on Abu Dhabi television.

Shaikh Zayed Al Nahyan is widely considered one of the most successful gulf Arab rulers, having led his home state Abu Dhabi and the larger federation in which it forms apart of, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), for over 30 years of stability and prosperity.

310C72B1-1962-469B-96BC-

Illah ha uu naxaristo, He has done a lot for Somalia and Somalis throughout his time.

Salma   

I heard the news during the Tarawiix prayer in the Mosque and it was shocking. The Sheikh was sick for a long time; its really a big loss.

We are in the last ten days of Ramadan; I pray that Allah 4give him and reward him the Heaven. Amiin.

Ina lelah wa ina elayhi rajecon

Salma   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Ilaahay ha u naxariisto.

quote:

Sheikh

Sheikh as in a religious authority or just the usual Arab title?
The Arab Title

OG_Girl   

Allah Yarhamoh.. I was watching my favored Egyption series in Abu Dhabi chanel when suddenly they cut to annoncenment .. I sill can't belief it!.He was really Good person who helped a lot of Muslims.

Horn, Arabic Language " Sheikh" means Clan Leaders or eldest who heard and have respected between their kinsmen. So You can call Sheikh A/Y, Sheikh Aidid, Sheikh Musa Sudi and halloma jara ;)And don't forget their wives and daughter are Sheikhah <--- is Femele version of Sheikh In Arabic :D

Salam

NGONGE   

Allah yerxamoh.

As far as I am aware, he was a very good man. He shared the wealth of his country with his people and was (when actively ruling the land) very good to all the foreigners in it. He helped many a Muslim country and contributed to many good causes.

I’m one that grew under his rule and benefited from his generosity (of course all thanks goes to Allah first and foremost). Still, when talking about one man’s gratitude to another, I can’t help but sing the praises of that kind old man. Most obituaries will attest to the kindness and humanity of that good sheikh.

Lets hope those left behind don’t start fighting for the “inheritance†and destroy all that he helped in building.

May The Almighty have mercy on him and forgive his sins.

Edit:

His photo is the one in my Avatar for those who didn't know what he looked like. :D

Ina Lilah Wa Ina Ilhey Rajicun

We are all going to pass away so lets rember where our final destination lies Inshallah.

P.s Those who pass away during this blessed month are indeed the fortunate ones.