Sign in to follow this  
AfricaOwn

Lets talk about the upcoming SL elections for a minute

What party are you supporting and why?

To the Silaanyo, Kumiley supporters. What are his platform?

UDUB in recent times has given us plenty of reasons to vote for them..What has Kumiley done?

Gediid   

^^^^LOOOL deeqsinimo xoolo la dhacey,dabaalinimo doqon dhargey,tourism state visit loogu magac darey,dhul qaran sida zakat loo bixiyey,constitution sida Toilet paper loo isticmaaley etc etc..Does that make sense Landerow....

The upcoming SL elections are expected to be hot and strong. The three parties will struggle to win.

UCID is not on the table for the moment as everybody knows they're not in a position to win.

KULMIYE has a good chance to take the lead of the country as he has a very good human resource but they need to change their campaign. There is a lot to be changed but i don't agree with those who say Siilaanyo should resign. Let him compete with the rest of the candidates and if he wins then he can lead the party as well as the nation. Still what i don't like about KULMIYE is the way they campaign and the clannish calls they make among the population.

UDUB is a bit weaker this time. In the recent months the achievements were good and they make a remarkable progress politically and on the ground. Nothing has changed in terms of economy and there are human rights violations reported although i don't agree some of them.

Well I think in the past 6 or so months we have seen UDUB gain ground to the lost of Kulmiye. Mostly due to Kulmiye's infighting in regards to the disagreements of Party election nominations. This has shaken the foundations of the Party and led to the Defection of Ismael Hindi (the party's most well known figure in the Maroodijeeh region) to the UDUB Party.

The ramifications of those disagreements within the Kulmiye part is still ongoing. And the latest spell seems to be between the Party's cheif Foreign Affairs official Dr. Ahmed Huseen Isse and Party Chairman Muj. Ahmed M. Mohamoud(Silaanyo).

I think if the Kulmiye Party don't resolve this issue as soon as possible, it will cost them when the elections come.

As for UCID party, Its once vocal and outspoken leader, Chairman Faisal Ali Waraabe seems to be cooling down his tone and is trying to maintain a firm position third on the list. But you can't count them out from the elections, they are still in the game.

But, all said, the UDUB party, althought it has a very poor domestic record filled with corruption and humanrights voilations, you have to give credit where credit is due. They have a very successful foreign policy and also the issue regarding Somaliland's eastern regions particularly Sool issue is a huge coupe for Daahir Riyaale.

UDUB party, althought it has a very poor domestic record filled with corruption and humanrights voilations, you have to give credit where credit is due. They have a very successful foreign policy and also the issue regarding Somaliland's eastern regions particularly Sool issue is a huge coupe for Daahir Riyaale.

A last minute change of heart by Habsade & co and the so-called "war on terror" have little to do with "achievement".

Even if the US allowed few more millions, this would hardly translate into clean water and minimal health services for the masses, precisely due to the corruption you mentioned (not mentioning the greater probability of a devastating war of attrition)!

More seriously, how are Kulmiye leader more "tribalist" (whatever that may mean)than UDUB which had ample time to prove how unprincipled they are?

I always thought that they had more decent leaders like Silanyo, especially now that the recently liberated Dr Gabosse and eng M. Xaashi of Qaran that served the country unlike some newcomer like UCID's Faysal Warabe (who found refuge in Finland)rallied our only hope for change; of course, they are far from perfect but what other alternative is there?

Are we going to fail for last minute shows (like the recent trips of Riyaale)?

As for UCID, Warabe reminds me of European facists like Gianfranco Fini, have you read when he says something along the lines "Reer Koonfurtan soo qaxay kharkooga iyo sharkooga way wataan, Allah ha naga badbaadiyo sharkooga" (posted on Hadhwanaag) or his relentless paranoiamongering against Djibouti or provocations against other Somalis?

Does he deliberately copying Western right-wing extremists, albeit with altogether different circumstances (a shame that few support him out of clannishness)?

At any rate, we should indeed all be relieved that this lunatic Ciyaalasuuq is not seriously considered for the sake of our hard-earned peace...

^^^

What's with this "We" stuff you speak of? We know your post history homie and how you feel about SL. If this doesn't concern you don't speak about it...simple as that.

KULMIYE is the most clannish party

many of the small " reporters " and radios among a certain clan rally behind them and attack UDUB consequently.

I never wanna see a clannish party in power.

thats why I support rather UDUB

UCID could be the dream team

Waraabe must retire!