Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Ethiopia Happy

If I were Senawi too, I would be having a party for a week too. A long awaited dream fulfilled.

-----

Dowlada Itoobiya oo taageertay Madaxweyne C/laahi Yuusuf

Sida dad badanba filaayan dowlada Itoobiya ayaa si weyn oo aan horey looga baran waxay u soo dhaweysay doorashada madaxweynaha soomaaliya loo doortay Ninka inta badan kala dhaxeysay Saaxiibtinimada, kana mid ah hogaamiyaasha hubka siinaysay dowlada Itoobiya Col C/laahi Yuusuf Axmed.

Wasiirka Warfaafinta Itoobiya ayaa sheegay in Itoobiya gacmo furan ku soo dhaweynayso Madaxweynaha cusub ee soomaaliya, wuxuuna caddeeyay in maanta la gaaray sidii ay mar walba itoobiya u doonaysay ee ahayd in Soomaaliya dowlad loo helo, taasina maanta ayay dhacaday buu yiri Wasiirka.

Bereket Simon oo ah Wasiirka Warfaafinta Itoobiya oo BBC da Wareysi siiyay ayaa sheegay in guushan la gaaray ay tahay mid ay ka soo shaqeysay waa sida uu yiri Itoobiya oo kaashanayso dalalka IGAD, wuxuuna Caalamka ka codsaday in la taageero dowlada Cusub ee soomaaliya oo uu sheegay in ay horyaalan wax ka qabashada arrimaha Nabadgalyada.

Sida laga warqabo Madaxweynaha Cusub ee Soomaaliya C/laahi Yuusuf Axmed ayaa waxaa uu ka mid yahay hogaamiyaasha kooxaha Soomaalida ee u adeega Maamulka Addis Ababa, waana hogaamiyaha keliya ee ay ku dhaartan Maamulkaas.

Rokko   

Suldaanka, Riyaale is the closest Somali leader Ethiopia has right now. 50 young muslim boys from zone5 are in the hands of tigre zenawi thanks to *****riyaale******. they were "terrorist" according to ****riyaale***** na'mean.

let us not play the "ethiopia" card na'mean.

[ October 17, 2004, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]

OG_Girl   

Yes, don't play Ethiopia Card. Every one knows you hand ALL my uncles to Addis to please your Ethiopian Masters. Atleast Abdullahi Yusuf can't dare to hand us to Ethiopians cause simple Pundlanders wont allow him, even if he lost his mind. There is limits he can go with that Issue.

Salam

Rahima   

^ Sister that is a bit unfair. I am more than sure that the average Somalilander does not support their government in this crime (just like I’m sure that the average Puntlander would not support CY for the same crime). I know for a fact that there are many God-fearing Somalilanders who very much oppose what their government is doing, in terms of handing over our brothers to the filthy enemies.

Let’s be fair. Say the somaliland government instead of “youâ€, for then we are vilifying every Somalilander for the crimes of their government.

As for Ethiopia being happy, did anyone expect any different?

OG_Girl   

Hmm fair!!! I am being fair very fair. Some Somalilanders or shall I say so many of them don't even Say the land is Somaliland but call our Land Ethiopian Land!. Tell me one single Puntlander call that Region Ethiopian Land?

Sister, let us not be so sensitive and be honest to each other. You and I know what is going on and how they even deny even our existence and try to lebel us as a group of ONE clan who fighting for Land instead of seeing us we are Somali people who want their land back to them from Filthy Ethiopian.

Anyways, in the end right is clear who ever wants to deny other Muslim people's right to just get some temporory intrest.

Some times I wonder if we even share the blood as Somali or not!!.

Salam

Rahima   

Sister, let us not be so sensitive and be honest to each other. You and I know what is going on and how they even deny even our existence and try to lebel us as a group of ONE clan who fighting for Land instead of seeing us we are Somali people who want their land back to them from Filthy Ethiopian.

Look i agree with you totally (I’m sure you know that). But we need to keep in mind that the government does not necessarily always represent the views of the people they govern.

I very much doubt, in fact i am sure that the decent folks of Somaliland do not support this despicable act. We just need to keep this in mind.

As for Suldaanka, i can't say i am aware of the point of this. Looking back now, it may be a cheap shot at our government.

Mobb_Deep

Ina Riyaale aside, you do agree Ethiopia's big fish was Somalia right? And with their man installed there as the President, they are technically in control.

OG Girl,

I was wondering what was so uneasy about you all long. Hey, you as an Oga*denian and me as a Somalilander, we can get along. ;)

cheer up.

Hey Raxima,

Very much appreciated your efforts in trying to educate the nomads. You are a source of inspiration.

Rokko   

Suldaanka, Abdulahi Yusuf refused to serve the interest of Ethiopia when he was the most needy na'mean. They jailed him for that because he would not allow their flag on Somali soil during the SSDF.

He refused to follow their orders when he needed their help in fighting Siyaad. How do ya expect the old dude to cave in now that he is the president recognized by the world.

It is all cheap propaganda against the old man to scare regular Somalis na'mean. It is a tribal game and he knows that na'mean.

OG_Girl   

Suldaanka, Sure We can get alone..I think we share long history together more than other somalis Inabti ;) .

Now, most important you are so nice atleast you taking risk and mention the region's name icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

You deserve credit for that seriously ( I am not being sarcastic). smile.gif

Salam

"They jailed him for that because he would not allow their flag on Somali soil during the SSDF"

That was during Mengistu's Dergue government, Meles Senaawi's a different story.

OG Girl,

Nice to hear that from you walaalo or inaabti. smile.gif

See, as you said we have a lot of things in common. We have plenty of middleground that we can play and have fun. smile.gif

Here in Australia we have a song that goes: YOU, ME, WE ARE ALL AUSTRALIANS... now we are all Somalis.

Changed   

Chaotic Somalia Picks a President; 14th Effort to End Lawlessness

By REUTERS

Published: October 11, 2004

AIROBI, Kenya, Oct. 10 - An Ethiopian-backed warlord, Abdullahi Yusuf, was elected president of Somalia by lawmakers on Sunday in the 14th attempt in a decade to restore government to that lawless country.

The National Assembly speaker, Sharif Hassan Sheik Adan, announced the choice to the lawmakers meeting as an electoral college here in neighboring Kenya, saying that Mr. Yusuf won 189 votes against 79 for his main opponent, Abdullahi Addou. Two ballots were spoiled.

Mr. Yusuf will head a transitional federal government that will try to move Somalia, a nation of 10 million people that has not had a functioning government in more than a decade, toward elections under a new constitution in five years. Rival militias hold power in various parts of the country, which is seen by American officials as a haven for militants suspected of links to Al Qaeda. The country remains so dangerous that the interim Parliament held its vote for president across the border in Nairobi.

"I praise the Somali people for their commitment to the process and for electing a new president in an orderly and transparent manner," said Winston Tubman, the special representative for Somalia from the United Nations secretary general, Kofi Annan. "I hope that the Somali people will support the outcome because that will encourage the international community to give Somalis the backing they need."

The vote on Sunday, the culmination of a two-year-old reconciliation process, is intended to produce an executive head of state who will reimpose order on the country. The election had gone into a third round after no outright winner emerged in the first and second ballots, with more than two dozen candidates competing. Mr. Yusuf had also come out ahead in the earlier ballots.

Mr. Yusuf is an Ethiopian-backed military strongman who is expected to take a tough line against militia mayhem. He is also a self-declared ally of the United States effort to prevent terrorism. He has led Somalia's autonomous enclave of Puntland since 1998 and is a friend of neighboring Ethiopia, Somalia's traditional foe and the dominant power in the Horn of Africa.

Critics say that Mr. Yusuf, 69, is intolerant of independent news organizations, dislikes militant Islamists and has turbulent relationships both with a neighboring region called Somaliland and with major faction leaders in the capital, Mogadishu. Supporters say he has the strength of character, military training and alliances in Addis Ababa and Washington to reimpose law and order on the country.

A career soldier who was Somalia's military attaché to the former Soviet Union in the 1960's, he was jailed for six years for refusing to take part in the 1969 coup that put Mohammed Siad Barre in power.

Speaking to the lawmakers on Sunday, he said, "Somalia is a failed state and we have nothing." He then called on the international community to help disarm the militias.

Hundreds of thousands of Somalis have died from famine, disease and violence since 1991, when warlords ousted Mr. Siad Barre. Thirteen previous peace conferences have failed to stabilize the country, which is divided into clan-based fiefs.

"Everything has been destroyed - they are starting from ground zero," said Kenya's ambassador to Somalia, Mohammed Affey.

Before the vote all the candidates signed a pledge to respect the result and hand over any weapons held by them or their supporters to the new government. They also promised not to disrupt the voting process itself.

Fistfights, scuffles and walkouts have marred the few sessions the Parliament has held since it was selected in August.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/11/international/africa/11somalia.html

NGONGE   

Nice to see Ambassador OG and Ambassador Suldaanka clear out the misunderstandings between their people and agree on a future of cooperation and mutual respect. His Excellency the president of the republic of Somalia must take all the credit for such a happy ending. Salute the flag, open up a bottle of ceeran and be merry. The republic is back. Long live the republic.

Gabbal   

Abdulahi Yusuf is known for using and bringing Xabashas in Somali affairs, but for those nomads who think that he will let them control Somalia are dead wrong!

He has always called on them when it was in his interests, but simply said I don't think he will let their interests on Somalia go accorded.

I mean why do they call him beer-laawe? How did he lose his beer?

He refused to hang the Ethiopian flag over Goldogob, and instead hanged the Somali one, although he was in the most vulnerable position at that time.

The Xabasha then litterally tortured him till his liver stopped working. :eek:

Abdulahi Yusuf will probably use the Xabasha to further his interest (which I strongly disapprove of), but I don't think Ethiopia's ambitions on Somalia will become materialized just because he was elected president.

Now that he is the president, and it is a done deal, I'm trying to look at all the positive that can come out.

One of the better reasons is now that Ethiopia has gotten one of their men in power, the chance of it supporting seccessionist treasonist entities is diminished ;)

lol@NGONGE

Neither Og Girl nor me have the credentials required to be a warlord or warlord kal-kaal.

nice try but :D

If there is anyone whom the credit is going to, it's Marwo Rahima. ;)