Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

A Ray from the East

After the minister’s death, Galkacyo submits to the rule of law. The illiterate governor, having enjoyed whatever veneer of authority Galkacyo’s governorship afforded him, has now accepted his demotion. He even took to the airwaves invoking that cherished article of justice that says all are innocent until proven guilty. And on that account, one would be hard pressed to disagree. The president of Puntland has shown some courage for good governance, trait former leaders of the region lacked. Galkacyo’s status quo is unacceptable; the sub-clannish culture, which is a bad copy from the era of Barre regime, is untenable, and the instability in that city can no longer be ignored. I like the lyrics of Faroole play--- murti baa ka buuxda. You kill my minister, Faroole song says, and you face the wrath of my admin, not the vengeance of the minister’s clan as the conventional wisdom would have it. It was not a bluff. He put the city under a marshal law, limiting its activities.

And the people complied. Yaa Salaam. That destroyed the reer Mudug myth, a caricature Faroole himself depicted during his visits abroad. Galkacyo is just another city yearning for stability and peace. Seems Faroole admin is at least trying this time. This resignation to justice, allowing the admin to act within the bounds of its politically derived power represents a ray of hope and political maturity. And if the disarmament plans of a divided city like Galkacyo are to be believed, this will represent a bold departure from how things has been, and a new beginning of how things should be.

How things has been

The old man used the city as a platform to showcase his military might. He had the biggest gun so those with small arrows did not threaten his power. They menace the city however. That though was a matter not to be bothered with as far as the old man was concern. Even some of his men got away with killing a sultan.

Then Cadde, the General, came to power. As he paid visit to the city, Cadde faced his first test, and failed. One soldier was killed while apprehending a murderer. And the murderer was released in full view of the public. He failed to act then, and from that day on it has become the norm of the city that sub clans living in the city would take their affairs into their own hands, more or less disputing the claim of Puntland’s authority.

That culture of violence killed many prominent men recently with very diverse background. And it killed the late minister. Faroole is trying to reverse it, reer Mudugh’s are cooperating, and other Somalis are watching. It's good that common sense is wining...

Xiin, are you saying the city has been tamed for once and good or is everyone just laying low for the time being? It is too early to say all is dandy in that part of the world, but time will tell if these moves(curfew and admin change) will make a difference. As of now, I wouldn't put my bet on a mere rhetoric of bow to the my rule or"face my wrath" Show me some arrest happening and justice taking place!

^^You are probably right that some people are laying low for this storm to pass. But my guess though is this storm may not pass until some fundamental political and security alignment are achieved. I am not assuming this will be easy. I am just saying Faroole’s resolve is admirable and the city seems to like it. Add to that the remarkable cooperation Faroole is getting from both the minister’s family and the murderers family.

It’s also encouraging that the admin is hinting a disarmament in the city. I think that will be difficult to do but lets see

^^^

Easy there, that's cheap cantrabaqash.

Tell me, why should they? What gives you the right to generalize a whole group of people, and imply that somehow the crimes of those vermin murderers should be put on the shoulders of tha "family".

Geez, everything must have a clan angle with you. You know what, Mr fake Che, you seem to ALWAYS want the people's of that part of Somalia to fight along tribal lines, and you wish to propagate anarchy in our midst, so I'll leave it up to you to repent your evil inclinations. Personally, isku dirka ummad soomaaliyeed waa laga fiicanyahay! It's not my way.

In any case; the horor caused by the murderers of Seefta-banaanka(Eebe ha u naxariisto) is a law enforcement issue. Insha-Allah, justice will prevail and they will be held accountable for the assassination.

^Well, you have point. Don't mind seeing all Ibraahimo nihilistic fratricidal orgy of violence. Now that said, when will the killers be caught since everybody including Geeseeye knows who they are.

^^^

How does you wishing a "nihilistic fratricidal orgy of violence" on the people of Puntland, equate to an attempt at sarcasm, tsk-tsk!

A simple "you have a point" would have been fine, fake Che.

I don't know if you know, but Geeseeye has been relieved of his duty and he is now just an ordinary citizen. It aint his business anymore. The job of finding and punishing the culprits solely rests on the shoulders of the Police and the security apparatus of the State, capice!

Sooner or later, justice will prevail.

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

So, why are the killer's "family" not turning in the killers?

Of course Xiin's intent of cooperation from the murderer's family is both subjective and conditional.

Jacaylow heestaada waan aqaan. waa tii cali sugule

Dawladuhu waa boqol jaadoo

Tii lamuumbe biraysay,

Taa boqor xayle salaase

Teenna baandadu hayso :D

Iyo biljamkaa u wanaagsan

Mr.Somalia...Don't go off tangent next time, answer the question or let it be. I didn't give this Qabiil dimension, it was already implied or even explicitly stated as Geeseeye said men from his "family" did the killing and everyone know who they are.

What I want for or think about that part of Somalia is beside the point.

Mansa Munsa :D:D

Well there are consequences.