Sign in to follow this  
DigibAc

Why do you support the TFG?

^ point, sorry about the gender mix earlier, anyhow..

I think your are giving too much credit to the merit of the polical process. Those that lead are those that were in positions of power, simply because any notion of rationality dictates don't take any less that what you already have. Now most would say that this is meaning of diplomacy and no argument .

What gets me is the stuff beyond that, the badly played out propaganda. Which is why its important that we are able to differentiate between the support for process of centralising/institutionalising and the powers that act it. The reason for this is that i agree with you completely on the need for institutions, i've even argued that on the days when one of my 2 brain cells functioned.

Regonising the difference is important because people must be willing to say 'no', not just 'no, if its not me'.

And no, u didnt say they were crap, but 'not much better' just makes me think of paper institutions ...

Ms DD   

Originally posted by MKA Yoonis:

'No, no it ain't right, let's demolish it'! But you built yourself! 'I know, I know it's terrible but truely sad'!

May I recommend something? 'Yes, please do'! Instead of demolishing what you have worked so hard for and you agred on and signed why don't you just make improvenments to it, instead of destroying it all?

'Very, very good idea, but Yoonis that would go against my destroy-immidiately-the things you singed and worked for quickly tendidencies'!

Yes sure it would but what's the alternative adeer?

'Demolish, demolish it but quickly'!

I don't believe you have the interest of the Somali people at heart so I would kindly remind you that the old times of 'Let's destroy what we built our own hands is indeed over' and that Somalia will be moving on inshallaah however or may you dislike it!

Guul Soomaaliya ha noolaato inshallah!

Nice convo you have going on there. But could you explain why ICU were destroyed when they have built/cleaned up Mogadishu after 16 years and 3 (or was it 4) transitional govts?. Wasnt that destroying the hard work of the people of Muqdishu?

Originally posted by MKA Yoonis:

Guul Soomaaliya ha noolaato inshallah!

Indeed.

What kind of a question is this and what choice is there?Its either a Government or anarchy.Not supporting the Government would mean supporting anarchy.So,the question itself is absurd.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Captain Xalane:

Its either a Government or anarchy.Not supporting the Government would mean supporting anarchy.

It's either the ICU and its track record of governing and establishing peace in Somalia or the TFG and its track record of anarchy. Supporting the TFG would mean supporting anarchy.

Or so says u.See how things are happening,and whether u like it or not,Anarchy is gone,and so are the few weeks the Courts had their lil show.Its all over and ur support is needless,for u will accept the TFG willingly or unwillingly.Thats how things are now.

u will accept the TFG willingly or unwillingly.

Pretty arrogant for man who relies on foriegners to hold onto Mogadisho, you might wanna adapt more reconciliatory tone if you wanna peace to thrive in Somalia.

Peace has a price,we know the price,and there is nothing we wouldn't do for it.However,for now thats how things are,and there is nothing the lil girls can do nor is there anything u can do about it.

Originally posted by Captain Xalane:

What kind of a question is this and what choice is there?Its either a Government or anarchy.Not supporting the Government would mean supporting anarchy.So,the question itself is absurd.

Xalane, not quite.

You cant argue that this government is taking people out of anarchy, when its members created that anarchy.

So, you can still support the drive for centralisation without supporting the government. Hence the need for the distinction