Sign in to follow this  
DigibAc

Why do you support the TFG?

DigibAc   

This is a question for the SOL members here that support the TFG.

Why do you support the TFG?

Are there any conditions under which you would no longer support the TFG? What are those conditions?

1. I support the TFG because it is the greatest opportunity the Somali people have had in the past two decades to restoring the republic.

It is the only entity which can bring the existing states, Puntland, Somaliland with the southern states in a new federal union.

Its members represent the whole Somali clans and it is based on a power sharing structure whic most Somali's agree upon it.

It gives power to the unarmed clans or even those who are known as minorities. For example the head of the national armed forces Gen Naji, the deputy speaker of Parliment and various ministers are all from the unarmed clans.

It is the greatest hope to getting us out of our long isolation, creation of jobs and gaining foreign direct investment, as well as settling the issues that have become prevelent through out the civil war.

2. The condition would be if the TFG starts to lack leadershio and follow the tune of the mob or popularist policies, as embodiment by Arta.

Like General Duke said the TFG encompasses a wide array of clans and is accomodating all speheres of Somalia for reconciliation and trying to put the lawless and destructive past behind us.

I support the Transitional Federal Institutions as I see them as the only opportunity for our country to emerge from the chaos and anarchy that it is finding itself under in at the momement!

The Transitional Federal Institutions didn't come by chance but it was laboured for very hard during a two year peace process in the capital of Kenya Nairobi!

I support the TFI because it is the only legitimate broad and all inclusive political organ in the country because it is represented by every clan and region!

Unlike the exclusive ICU which was a local clan court based system that thought of itself to represent all the areas in which Somalis reside in!

Some in here want to discredit the TFI by saying that they don't have the mandate of the Somali people, that is a blantant lie because millions and millions went into this process of establising the Transitional Federal Institutions!

The process in Kenya was attended by all the Warlords, power holding groups and autonomous regions such as Puntland State of Somalia as well as intellectuals, traditional clan elders, ulamaa'uddin, civil society groups, women groups and minority groups!

The peace process that took place in Nairobi where the TFI was established was the most unprecedented event ever of anykind of peace process for Somalia because it was the most inclusive and broad process that ever took place for Somalia!

Unlike Arta were key components were missing for example one third of Somalia the Puntland State of Somalia was missing so were the majority of the warlords from Mogadishu!

It was a government based on the civil society, which was deemed to fail because they did not have the support of the real power holders!

The TFI is a also a power-sharing entity whereby they have a power-sharing formula of 4.5 in which they shared the seats in parliament and government appointments such as ministries, PM position and Presidents position!

It was not perfect but given the circumstances it was the most perfect because Somalia itself was to dangerous to participiate the people that's why a power sharing formula was agreed on to use until trasitional period/phase of the TFI expires and real democratic process could be started!

TFI is legal and it came from Somalis for Somalis by Somalis with the help of the International community and regional partners such as Kenya, Ethiopia and Djibouti etc!

Now that is what we support unlike the ICU which came from one clan that thought it had a divine right to rule because they were calling for Al-Islaam, don't make me laugh, I say!

G, MKA Fiiq, Taco

This is an interesting question, but for me, your not answering it properly. Make a disctinction please.

> Do you support them TFG specifically for their purpose, principles, record, etc...

>>or<<

> Do you support a centralised governance, and the TFG happen to be filling the void, etc ...

These are very different perspectives, so why do you support the TFG?

thanks

What you don't seem to comprehend CG is that the TFI is the only legal political organ in Somalia that has a mandate to rule!

The TFI wasn't born yesterday nor did it came out of a hat like a rabbit! It is broad and all-inclusive!

The process took over two hard years with millions of International Community money and thousands of charted flights whereby an bony skeletel uncle of yours with a dusty macwiis and cimaamad could be flown over to participiate in the peace process and sign a letter!

TFI is supported because it has a mandate and it came from Somalis with the help of the International Community and its regional neighbours, so what's so hard to not get?

On the other hand ICU was an exclusive club of one clan that came together in local based clan court systems, how could that represent all of Somalia?

They said 'Yeah as we go along raiding villages and more clan join us the leadership will become more inclusive'?

What logic is that? Madness pure I say. That is not the right system, even a little child knows that!

G

I asked that in earnest, First, because i think any sense of healing any nation needs to start with honesty and within the people. Second, because i assume your conviction is reasonable and without bias, I want to understand how you come to your conclusion. Having said that, if your reasoning is sound, then i see no reason why it can't convince me, hence the question.

Mk fiiq

>"What you don't seem to comprehend CG is that the TFI is the only legal political organ in Somalia that has a mandate to rule!"

Legal is by defintion a set of rules or norms of conduct. I think we can agree that the situation which led to our current predicement was not normal, as for rules, it was against the international conventions on soveriengty (the ET role was that which used to be played SA mercinaries). And the US gunships are not norms of conduct.

Second, since law is not an exact science (wainting for sophist's rampage!) it is maliable, and its content and any mandates the victors progative. Hence, we aught to question.

>"The TFI wasn't born yesterday nor did it came out of a hat like a rabbit! It is broad and all-inclusive!"

No, most of its members where born in the 1920s, and cut their political teeth fighting in the kind of *rebel* organisations that they are so vigorously trying to put down.

>"The process took over two hard years with millions of International Community money and thousands of charted flights whereby an bony skeletel uncle of yours with a dusty macwiis and cimaamad could be flown over to participiate in the peace process and sign a letter!"

Lets not talk about the kenyan hotel bills, and talking to people with insiders view on the EU claim bills, their impressions of Somalis you never want to hear.

2nd, my boney uncle did one better and got himself a post, but that does not mean he represents me, or my views. In fact, i actually like the man and know him to be a reasonable man. But much like your uncles, i dont see how he can represent my interests or concerns (dont know about yours, but mine could never get it together enough to own any technicals).

More importantly, he is a member of a cabinet whose power figures have a lot of bones to hide, and a lot of backs to scratch. Whose idea of reconcialition is taken from master class of the great Bush and have a number village eijits and butchers (u know who) as ministers, rewarded for their efforts! So even if he did intent to represent me i dont see how he could... Since the TF[Next acronym] is being tauted as our saviours. Explain for me how/what the guys and gals will *represent*. Are they united against treachery, corruption, tribalism, incompetence, fraud ... or just there to make it easier by constitution

>"TFI is supported because it has a mandate and it came from Somalis with the help of the International Community and its regional neighbours, so what's so hard to not get?"

The words *mandate* and *regional neighbours* mean victors spoils. Ethiopic, Arab and US funding for decades of somali warlords dont need mentioning....

There is some milage to *"came from somalis"*, but that is as long as qabiil line, since it falls at the first hurdle. So i hope u see why "its so hard to get", and why i ask how *you* got it (to help me get there of course ;) ).

"On the other hand ICU was an exclusive club of one clan that came together in local based clan court systems, how could that represent all of Somalia?

They said 'Yeah as we go along raiding villages and more clan join us the leadership will become more inclusive'? "

ICU bull, I am not asking for comparisons. We know what they did wrong, and said so when they were doing it. You dont take Malaria because its got different side effects to Cholera. So lets not do the ICU/ TF[*], single clan/ lots of single clans line. Your just arguing a *my clans rights* rather than principles that aught to apply to a nation. What principles do these guys stand for. How can they convince us, what do they have to offer - mandate or no mandate. More importantly how did their argument convince you?

"What logic is that? Madness pure I say. That is not the right system, even a little child knows that!"

yes current Somali logic gives madness a bad name, but whats your excuse when you. Why do you support the TF[*].

The TFG has the legal right, the moral one and the capacity to rule all of Somalia. It has brought all the country bar Somaliland under one rule. Thus our support in the dark days has not been in vain.

Those are interesting questions. However some people are blatantly lying to themselves, since they are fooling no one but themselves. Excuses such as its a legitimate government and the world recognizes them isn’t a justification worth agreeing with.

1)To those who say the TFG came from the Somalis, you are lying, just because there is one thieve from every tribe/clan active in the TFG doesn’t meaning it represents the Somalis. It never did and it NEVER WILL! That lie needs to be dropped immediately. The TFG president wasn’t elected by the Somalis, and the committee that elected him wasn’t elected by any Somali citizen. It came from aboard, it is not an indigenous government or at least a movement like the ICU which came from within. Matter a fact the ICU is more valid to the Somali people since the voices and cheers of the Somali people brought them to power. The ICU brought absolute peace for the six months they held power in Mogadishu. There isn’t a single TFG supporter that has the audacity to refute that.

2)All of the TFG supports who have made a comment on this topic were clearly driven by Clan ambitions. Each one of them had mentioned tribe/clan, as if that is the most imperative issue that will unite Somalis. They went as far as cheering for warlords, traitors and think they could justify their clannish purposes by hiding behind the Somali flag and Nation.

A government who has no control over its own country is no government, a government who is opposed by the Somalis in Somalia and the West is no government, a government who brings Ethiopian troops and observes as they kill Somalis is no government. A government who has a warlord for president and warlords for PM’s is no damn government. It is a puppet Government. Somalis know it and Political Affairs scholars know that as well.

Who gave them this legal right to rule all over Somalia? Self-regarding foreigners? We all know the TFG doesn’t have the capacity to even control Mogadishu let alone the whole country.

So be honest and just say you support the TFGoons for tribal reasons. We promise not to use the “Q-ist” word ;)