Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

2006 African Cup of Nations

SoMa_InC   

Egypt, Senegal, Ivory Coast and Nigeria are through to the Semi-finals. The fixtures are:

Egypt Vs Senegal

Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria

Tunisia and Cameroon were unlucky to loose on penalties. Tunisia had the upper hand but Nigeria dussed them.

As for the Ivory Coast and Cameroon game, the semi-final spot was decided after all the eleven players from both teams took and scored their penalties, then it was Samuel Eto's chance to score his second penalty but he blazed it over the cross bar and Drogba capitalised and scored his second of the game. The game was off the hook.

My predictions are Egypt Vs Ivory Coast in the finals.

N.O.R.F   

^^what a shoot out last night lol

The Elephants remind me of Senegal pre-2002, no big names (a few) and no big egos (Drogba an exception). I hope they do well, it will be a tough game vs Nigeria.

ps did you see how those guys were kicking lumps out of each other???? :eek: Drogba looked small when compared to the Cameroun defence :D

N.O.R.F   

Ivory Coast 1-0 Nigeria

The Ivory Coast secured their place in Friday's final of the African Cup of Nations after a 1-0 victory over Nigeria in Alexandria on Tuesday.

_41304760_drogbashot270.jpg

well done to the Elephants!!!!!!!!!!!

SoMa_InC   

^^^I missed the above match but I am currently watching the Egypt Vs Senegal game. The former are one nil up and still waiting for the start of the second half.

Time to grab a cuppa to get ready for the match. ;)

N.O.R.F   

Egypt just won 2-1, a master stroke by the Egyptian coach who replaced Mido of all people.

Bring on the final, i'm the Elephants for this one!

Oz   

Originally posted by Thinker:

African cup of Nations -DAMN!! I'LL BE WATCHING THE HIGHLIGHTS THAT'S ALL ESPN WILL ONLY SHOW THE HIGHLIGHTS ?

I've been always a fan of Ivory-coast but the dont do well when it comes to final matches...fingers crossed .......COTE'DE'VORE

I said it before my prediction is still standing.Gooooooooooo da Elephantis..and imagine if i did bet on this one ....

Soma hehehe..Drogba still doin just fine in Afirca too...Esquisite !!

Fingers crossed*

Coach was right to sub Mido. He also got suspended for 6 games by his own FA!

I think he is wack player who thinks he is all that, can't blame him he does play for Spurs.

I'm going for Ivory Coast on this, not because 2 Arsenal players are there but simply because they have been a great team all the way through.

Senegal coach made a mistake in replacing Camara with Diouf. He should have stuck it out with the same men, Im pretty sure they would have gone on to win the game.

Drogba is the talisman for the Elephants and I'm pretty sure he will get player of the tournament if they win the final and deserves to win both.

SoMa_InC   

Thinker and 187...I second that.

Drogba performs superbly for the Elephants and as a Chelsea Fan, I really admire him for his extra hardwork and persistence.

BOB   

Egypt 2006 has once and for all proven to the rest of the world that African Football is more entertaining and unpredictable than many other continental showpieces including Euro Cups.

Whoever thought that Ghana will fail in the first hurdle and worse lose to Zimbabwe after beating “Teranga Lions†aka Senegal and narrowly lose to Nigeria via a quickly taken Free kick?

Who could foresee the failure that awaited my homeboys Bafana Bafana? They finished last after failing to score even a single goal? What a shame, yet they had the nerve to complain about bonuses…damn it Mamparas! How about putting some points on the board first before you discuss about CHELETE! :mad:

Atlas Lions aka Morocco. how the mighty fell…they went home without even scoring one single goal but at least they managed two boring draws against they mighty Pharaohs and lowly Libya.

My low point of the tournament has to be the day light robbery the Cameroon official carried out against Senegalese in the favour of the home team. I guess that is something African Football failed to get rid of and to make matters worse CAF (Confederation of African Football) failed to offer an apology to the Senegalese FA.

If you thought that was the only blunder CAF made then check this out.

The referee that will officiate today's final is a well-known corrupt official from Tunisia who couple of years back tried to convince a fellow referee from South Africa to abandon an African Champions League match between Hearts of Oak from Ghana and Esperance from Tunisia simply because he couldn’t stand watching his beloved Esperance lose to Hearts of Oak.

What a Prima Donna? Who the hell does Mido think he is? Doesn’t he know that Egypt managed to reach the final without him? What has he done for Egypt except score one simple goal against Libya? Why doesn’t he throw tantrums every time Martin Jol the coach of Spurs subs him? Double Standards..you scream…you’re right..i reply.

PS. I know you want to know which team I support but it’s neither Bafana Bafana nor Nigeria and certainly not Ivory Coast but the one and only EGYPT The Pharoahs.

Come On Boys…I only got couple of hours so I better run home.

Peace,Love & Unity.

Viking   

BOB,

Good to see you back mate! The two sides that impressed me the most met in the quarters, Cameroon and Ivory Coast. I knew Ghana wouldn't go far as they were without their two most iunfluential players. Mido had a lot of problems at Ajax and Koeman couldn't stand his tantrums. He was not a bit hit at Marseille or at the 'spoilt brat' team Roma. He has been somewhat successful at Spurs because the Premiership suits his physique better than the other more technical leagues.

Egypt-Ivory Coast final is good for the tournament but Egypt hasn't been that impressive. They were very lucky against Senegal. I think Ivory Coast will win today but it is very heartbreaking to see a home-side loosing a final. I just hope it's a good game, most games have been played very cautiously, except the Guinea-Tunisia game which was very open attacking football.

Sayyid   

Egyyyyyyyyyyyyypt Won! I am sooooooooooooo happy that the host nation Won!

Great, super, unbelievable and fantastic!

It was a fantastic 'final', a little bit controversial when the 'referee' rewarded a 'crazy' decision of a non-existent 'penalty', that was saved.

Nevertheless it went to 'penalties' and egypt won 4:2 to the delight of their hysterical home-fans!