Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

2006 African Cup of Nations

Welcome back BOB, I have to say this was probably 1 of the best games I ever watched. It had every thing in it. Tight in the first half and second half it just exploded and the ref awards a stup!d penalty against the elephants. Penalties was all down to luck and with drogba missing that sitter and his penalty, I could tell this was not an Ivorian day. I took some satisfaction that both Arsenal players, Kolo Toure and Manu Eboue scored their penalties but nonetheless left Cote d'Ivior with a bitter taste in their mouths.

N.O.R.F   

The Elephants should have taken their chances, i dont think Egypt really deserved their victory but hey thats football,,,,,

NGONGE   

I just finished watching the game again. It was as exciting the second time as the first. Egypt fully deserved to win it. I still can’t work out why their goal was disallowed! Besides, the efforts of their captain alone (Number 17 - Ahmed Hassan) deserved to win that cup. The man was running non-stop for a 120 minutes. He managed to get on the nerves of the opposing team simply by playing great football. He missed the penalty during the game but had the courage to be the first player to step up and take a penalty when the shoot out came (in a game in his home country, with 80 thousand fans and the PRESIDENT in the stadium).

Viking   

I found the game to be very dissapointing except for the few moments. Their previous meeting in the group stage where Egypt won 3-1 was far more exciting with loads of goal opportunities, but the Ivorians had fielded a 'B team' since they were already through to the quarters. It was an exciting tournament overall and the African teams seem much more organised, but much of the flair (the charm of African footbal) has been lost.

BOB   

Channel O aka Viking good to see you too my brother and Northerner how are you doing my brother, 187 my proud and patriotic Gunner, what's up partner?

Soma_Inc Salama Alaikum my brother turned foe (Chelsea) ;) .

by saying Egypt will win, i knew what you guys didn't know (Tunisian Ref) i couldn't believe when he pointed at the penalty spot but i am glad Ivorians didn't walk out of the pitch as Drogba threatened because surely that would've been a suicidal.

Drogba missing a sitter that seemed an easier to score than miss and then the penalty was very hard because for me (alongside Ahmed Hassan0 he was the player of the tournament and i hope CAF will give him the African Player of The Year award because he deserves it more than Eto'o and Micheal Essien.

My highlight of the tournament was without a shadow of a doubt the moment Hossam Hassan lifted the trophy and what a gesture by Ahmed Hassan (The Player of The Tournament) to let the grand old man of not only Egyptian Football but Africa as well enjoy the limelight one last time because many players don't do that.

here is a list of my team of the tournament.

1.Vincent Enyeama (Nigeria)

2-Hatem Trabelsi (Tunisia)

3-Boka (Ivory Coast)

4-Wael Gomaa (Egypt)

5-Kolo Toure (Ivory Coast)

6-Didier Zokora (Ivory Coast)

7-Henry Camara (Senegal)

8-Obi Mikel (Nigeria)

(What a prospect, what a talent, )

9-Samuel Eto'o

10-Didier Drogba

11-Pascal Feindouno

BOB   

Channel O aka Viking good to see you too my brother and Northerner how are you doing my brother, 187 my proud and patriotic Gunner, what's up partner?

by saying Egypt will win, i knew what you guys didn't know (Tunisian Ref) i couldn't believe when he pointed at the penalty spot but i am glad Ivorians didn't walk out of the pitch as Drogba threatened because surely that would've been a suicidal.

Drogba missing a sitter that seemed an easier to score than miss and then the penalty was very hard because for me (alongside Ahmed Hassan0 he was the player of the tournament and i hope CAF will give him the African Player of The Year award because he deserves it more than Eto'o and Micheal Essien.

My highlight of the tournament was without a shadow of a doubt the moment Hossam Hassan lifted the trophy and what a gesture by Ahmed Hassan (The Player of The Tournament) to let the grand old man of not only Egyptian Football but Africa as well enjoy the limelight one last time because many players don't do that.

3-Boka (Ivory Coast)

4-Wael Gomaa (Egypt)

7-Henry Camara (Senegal)

8-Obi Mikel (Nigeria)

(What a prospect, what a talent, )

9-Samuel Eto'o

10-Didier Drogba

11-Pascal Feindouno

BOB   

Drogba missing a sitter that seemed more easier to score than miss and then the penalty was very hard because for me (alongside Ahmed Hassan0 he was the player of the tournament and i hope CAF will give him the African Player of The Year award because he deserves it more than Eto'o and Micheal Essien.

3-Boka (Ivory Coast)

4-Wael Gomaa (Egypt)

7-Ahmed Hassan (Egypt)

8-Obi Mikel (Nigeria)

(What a prospect, what a talent,no wonder Chelsea and Man Utd are fighting over him )

9-Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon)

10-Didier Drogba (Guniea)

11-Pascal Feindouno.

PS. I don't know how many of you watched the Serie A game tonight between Inter and Juve, but Inter were ROBBED by the ref and his linesmen just like Udinese was ROBBED couple of weeks back, i guess now we all understand why Juve dominates Serie A by winning 28th times and fail in Europe misserably year in and year out. Shame on You Juve by destroying the image of Serie A.

Peace,Love & Unity.

Viking   

BOB,

I don't think two players deserve to be on that list (I Know it is urs, but hey). I think Trabelsi is on the list due to his previous acheivements and Mikel for his potential, but neither had a very good tournament. Mikel moves a lot like Zidane, he has a very good perception and passes the ball on and makes himself available as soon as he gets it.

SoMa_InC   

Ws wr wb@ Bob. Am still your brother man, lets forget Chelsea for one second. :D How you doing? Good to see you back.

On the third time, Samuel Eto has been voted African Player of the Year. Drogba came second and Jay Jay Okacha was third. Do yall think they deserve those positions? What are you views of how this awards are voted?

Peace

Okocha was a great player but right now he can't do ish, I personally would have Kolo Toure figured somewhere in there. Not being biased, but without him the whole tactical system of the Ivory Coast would shatter into microgranules. Drogba is only captain because of his big price tag.

Ladies and Gents, please give a round of applause for Kolo Toure, African Nations Cup Player of the Tournament.