The Ten Days of Dhil Hijjah

These are the days Allah SWT said about them:

" Wal Fajr, Wa layaalin Cashr"

" By The Dawn and the ten nights"

Also Allah says about them :

" Wa yadhkurullhaaha fii ayaamin macluumaat"

" So they ( Mulsims) make dhikr, and mention his holy name in specified days"

The Messenger of Allah SAWS said:

"The best days on earth are the ten days of thil Hijjah" , Hadeeth is verified by Sheikh Albani.

So as you can see brothers and sisters, there are no days in the entire year where your good deeds count as these days, so take advantage of these days by doing as much good as you can do on earth.

These are the ten days in which Allah gets close to us (and he is always close) and shows off in Pride to his angels the millions of worshipers gathering in Arafaat, The largest gathering of the faithful, any faith anywhere, for the one and ONLY true God, owner of this tiny planet and the the ever expanding universe.

These are the ten days in which all forms of worship earns you the maximum returns, if you have the intention and the will.

So be thankful that you have lived through the year to reach this milestone, a second chance in the year in which you can come clean with a new slate if you make the pilgrimmage to makka the Hajj or make the intention for next year.

Remember that this is your last stop for refueling till next Ramadan, in case you goofed around, but feel guilty and desire to mend fence with Allah.

Take advantage of these holy days, here are ways to benefit from these ten days:

1. Tawbah:

Repent, feeling guilty all the time does not get you anywhere, do something about it, align your life with the will of Allah, it is no picnic going against Allah, so surrrender willingly, before you surrender unwillingly, you will feel light after you get rid of the monkey on your back.

2. Regular prayers:

If you have neglected your prayers, remember that living in the fast lane has its benefits, like falling off the cliff to Jahannam, for ever. Your prayers are the folder that binds all your good deeds, without this folder, your work is scattered in the open like snow, you can not claim any, and that is no smart way to plan for retirement.

3. MAKE HAJJ:

Unless you are in Makkah by now, chances are you are not making Hajj this year, so plan this year to make Hajj next year. Your good intention is counted as a good deed, equal in weight to actual Hajj, in case you die before next Hajj, your credit will be in your folder, indeed a respectable exit to the next world.

4. Sacrifice:

Go to a farm and offer Allah a sarifice, like a sheep or a Camel, if you can find one. For those who can not find animals to scarifice, I have few ideas:

1. If you have kids, sacrifice your TV, I know it is too much to ask, but think, Abraham was asked to sacrifice his son Ishmael. To get a dose of faith, you need to make a room in your heart, so throw something dear to you, to get something better in value and more lasting in terms of duration, take it from me, you will be surprised of the result. After you throw away your TV, here are the benefits that you can expect:

a. You will begin to notice the presence of real human beings who live with you, like brothers and sisters, parents, husband or wife or grandparents, you will appreciate them again inshAllah and will ask yourself "where have they been all these years?".

b.You begin to laugh together, go places instead of sitting in front of the tube, and you will begin reading your daily papers and begin to think and use your brain, instead of the TV doing all the thinking and entertainment for you (I know some people who have their brains in a the new delivery cartons), . Kids begin to read, adults enjoy the company of relatives.

So, Sacrifice your TV, sell it in a flee market, the money, send it home for feeding the poor. Great thawaab Reward for this ten days.

C. For the rest of the Brothers and sisters, sacrifice things you own that does not get you close to Allah, you know them, so give away things you love, that are forming a barrier between you and Allah.

5. Make Sadaqa:

Remember the poor: Send money home to the poor families in this season, make someone happy, Allah will make you happy.

6. Make Dhiker all the time:

Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar. Laa Ilaaha Illal Allaahu Allahu Akbar wa lilaahil Hamd.

Nur

2003 eNuri Softwaano Series

The Art of taking care of the Heart

Blessed   

Salaams Nur,

My friend was telling me about fasting on the ten days... I remeber hearing something about fasting on the 8, 9, 10 but I might be mixing it up with another month....!!

Can some1 clarify this - with evidence if you don't mind!

AXK Allah smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

Jazallahukharan bro, this is a wonderfulr reminder, i was thinking about this just last night :eek:

Unkess you are in Makkah by now, chances are you are not making Hajj this year, so plan this year to make Hajj next year. Your good intention is counted as a good deed, equal in weight to actual Hajj, in case you die before next Hajj, your credit will be in your folder, indeed a respectable exit to the next world.

isha allah,,,,,,,

my close freind is on his way 2mrw on a fri mashallah, and my intention is for next year ia,,,

For the rest of the Brothers and sisters, sacrifice things you own that does not get you close to Allah, you know them, so give away things you love, that are forming a barrier between you and Allah.

, i think its about time i got rid my cd collection, ive been meaning to do it for about 2 years now, i will do!!!!!ia

ps when will the 10 days be upon us?

Raxmah   

Jazakallah Nur

A wonderful reminder, we should definitely take advantage of this ten days.

Ameenah- is best to fast all the 9 days of dhul hijjah-for those of us who can't we should atleast try to fast on the day of arafah it has great benefits. (the arafah is the 9th day).

Narrated Abu Qatadah, that the Messenger of Allah said, "Fasting on the Day of Arafah is an expiation (of the sins, by Allah) for two years, the year before it and the year following it," (Sahih Muslim).

Wa salam

Oh boy do I have a hard time understanding our islamic calender..now i need somone to put it for me in the gaalo calender so I can make sure what days are these best days on Earth...I am in need to learn a lot about ARABIC OR SHOULD I SAY ISLAM or should i go one trip to Saudi Arabia i guess that would work. one more thing-what islamic month calender are we in? see :(

jakallahu khairan walaal for informing us these days

Nur   

Amina, Harun, Sundus, Northern

May Allah bless you all, we are now officially in the best days on earth, et us remind each other to do good, help the poor, assist the elderly and the disabled, teach a fatherless kid a lesson, console a broken at heart, spread salaams, smile, pray qiyaamulleil, fast, make a lot of dhiker, Allahu akbar waillahil hamd.

In need of your duaa always

Nur

Blessed   

^^May Allah bless you, us and all those true to the Word of Allah - with ease and happiness in both dunya and aakihra. Ameen.

JZK' Allah for the reminder bro.

Nur   

Nomad Bros and sisters

Eid Mubaarak to you all,

Ameenah sis.

Amin walaashey 4 your deeply felt duaa, I can feel it, may Allah bless us all and forgive our sins, and make this upcoming Hegira year a year to get closer to Allah through good deeds driven by Ikhlaas and steered with Knowledge of Quran and Sunnah.

Eid Mubaarak 2 all

Nur

Nur   

Salaam Alaikum wa raxmatullahi wa barakaatuh

Wishing you the best of thil Xijjah, Good Deeds, Sadaqah and spreading peace and kindness to all.

Peace On Earth and Love In The Cause Of Allah

Nur

ciid wanaagsan dhamaantiin

happy thil Xijjah.

may alaah make us those who succedes

may alaah make this ciid those who gains obsolete result of of qaaaaaaaaayra xasanaaaaaaaaaat and danbe dhaaaaaaaaaaaf.

farxad wanaagsan. :D:D:D:D:D:D

smile alot :D:D

AYOUB   

Eid%20prayers%201_jpg.jpg

Adxa iyo Fitrina waa jiraan labada Iidoode

Iyagana sunnaa lagu ismoo mu'akad weeyaane

Ajri xoogleh baa laga helaa ururka maantaase

Markaasaa Ibleyskiyo Kufriga laga adkaadaaye

Oo aad albaabbada Janada orod ku gaadhaaye

Ilaahay ka baqa kaasi waa ereygi weynaaye

Jaamaac ‘Gacmadheere’ - Ilaahay ka baqa

Have a good one people.