Sign in to follow this  
Juje

Amin Camir Spot On ...LOOOOL..!

This is another mindless drivel from Amin. If the intention was to lampoon the President’s inherent difficulties with the resistance with a caricature such as this, then add me in the “humorless oddballs” list because I found this piece to be insipid and not humorous in any sense. 18 years of mayhem and butchery which has proceeded before him forced the President to take cover from the inferno for the sake of his own life. It is not comical at all.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by AYOUB:

^^ One does not have to find it funny. North said the cartoon did not carry "any messege" and was "meaningless". Not true. At home, Sh. Sharif and his guests are not allowed the luxurious reception he received in Turkey. That's why he was in Turkey after all, is it not?

The message is one known to all Ayoubow. He depicts nothing new. We all know the president is not safe in Somalia. Some will find the piece funny and others will find it tasteless.

What I'm questioning in Amin's sense of purpose. What does he think he is here for? To merely take the piss at every given opportunity? Thats easy.

Duufaan   

One pictures many different reflection. Sharif as person appeals most Somalis but the picture not only tells the obvious thing but the reality in the ground and Sharif’s ability. Simply a reality check for another sad story in Somalia, at the time we want to be hopeful. It is not, if the Sharif is able to deliver but is he trying to deliver what is expected from him. The picture tells also the character of the sharif, first he is comfortable riding the Amison armor truck in his home town and than not using clan gun men scoring him as old man did.

Oz   

Some people simply have to stand on someone else's shoulders to look tall.

AYOUB   

^ What is AA here for in your opinion? I've no idea what you wanted him to draw. What messages are you expecting him to send? Remember, it's a cartoon not a text book sxb. Maybe the problem here is your expectation.

N.O.R.F   

AA is a one trick pony. If he wants to involve himself in commenting on today's political landscape and the individuals therein, it is incumbent on him to deliver something other than a repetitive and somewhat tedious line highlighting what is already quite obvious to most.

At the moment it’s like hearing the same jokes from the same comedian at every opportunity afforded to him.

Kashafa   

We all know the president is not safe in Somalia.

*Reality check mode: on*

Why is he not safe ? Who/what is he in danger of ? Has he commited any crimes that would make him a target of Muqaawama ? Crimes like treason, consorting with the enemy, betraying bethren, hosting Kufaar & Munaafiqeen, declaring Sharia law to be and I quote "defunct". If he has done no wrong, what does he have to be afraid of ? Say he's a natural-born coward, by what stretch of logic and reason is he allowed to seek protection and aid from the very same forces he was condemening and fighting, just a few months back ? Could he not find protection from the men he supposedly commands ? Ever stopped and asked yourself tough questions like that ? Or are you happy to sit back, enjoy the masraxiya, and join the chorus of bleating sheep(bacaaac, bacaaac, give me green($$$) grass, bacaaac, bacaac, u r good to me master, bacaac bacaac).

If Ina Yey was sanctimoniously condemened(by the same braying donkeys that now tout Sharwade Ahmed, Nur Cade, Ina Sharmaarke as Saviours) for arriving in Mogadisho on the top of Xabashi tanks, why shouldn't Sharwade be ridculed and mocked for the epitome of infamy pictured below ?

2210.jpg

He looks like a prized monkey scrambling into the cage of his master, and once in the safety of his iron-cage, barring his teeth and hurling hanjabaad at the Lions of Somalia who reign majestically over 300,000 square kilometers of Free Somali soil.(the only part of Somalia that is 100% sovereign)

What makes it ok for Mr. Ahmed to court, call for, and seek the aid of those who have destroyed and continue to destroy Somalia both covertly and overtly ? Why is Mr. Ahmed being hailed and praised for doing the exact same things, using the exact same rationale as Cabdullahi Amxaar and Doqon Gheedi ? Along with self-respect and independence, is it also ok to dispense with intellectual integrity ? At the very least, doesn't the load o'crap you're selling have to make sense, pass the logic test, and be congruent with your past positions ?

SOL's resident peaceniks have never been fans of tough questions and I don't expect a response. But do not for one minute think that the sheeko xareero oo Shaykh Hotel wado inay hirgalayso. He will be fought. He will be destroyed. And he will fail.

Just like one certain Mudane Madax-weyne Colonel His Excellency Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed who is now enjoying forced exile in Yemen after Jenday Frazer told him to resign or else the millions he accrued from the Tol begging bowl would be frozen. Used, abused, and then thrown away.

Like qashin. Zabaalah. Trash. Welcome to the world of Shaykh Hotel and the mechanics of being a paid Agent/Cameel to the highest bidder.

*Reality check mode: off*

IsQancis'ka(rational isations) halkaa ka see wada.

But you know what's really rich and hilarious ?

Watching the peaceniks stumble, trip, and stutter their way into explaining why Amin's satirically brilliant cartoon is a) not funny. b)offensive c) not relevant.

With the deluge of posters coming out of the woodworks, you can tell Amin Arts hit a major nerve, LOL. Whassa matta, chumps ? Can't handle the bitter fact that it's YOU who are a wretched Xabashi biaatch today ? That it's YOU who are riding Xabashi(Cumar Xaashi)/Ugandan(Shar wade Ahmed) tanks instead of Ina Yey ? Hence the convoluted, tortured explanations and counter-explanations .

LOL. Sad, yo, just sad. You know what it reminded me of ? Back in '06 when Stephen Colbert brilliantly roasted not only the Bush admin, but the entire media/industrial/mil itary Beltway power structure . He singled out the self-important mainstream media for cheerleading the Iraq war and neglecting the basic tenents of journalism. Brutal. Next morning, the same media that got destroyed on national television reported on the show. Their verdict ? Not funny. Offensive. Not relevant.

It seems like "not funny" is the preffered response of those whose macawiis has fallen off a long time ago, and who have just been told they are not wearing any clothes.

Meeji, Abu Zaylac, Xiin, and other nomads excuse the delay in replying, dashing this post off while on the road as it is, will reply to ur posts soon-tyme.

Johnny B   

spot on !

From the grapevine AA is not an educated satirist, but an X Barre propaganda machine ( his unrealistic Barre portraits drowned the nation back in the days ), and carries an inherent hate towards the clans of USC in general and the president's clan in particular, ( from the grapevine, "aqalki reer Caamir ee 'Manapolio' ku yilay waxa bililikeystay Sharif's clansmen".

Kashafa   

^^ Oh, so now ur pulling the He-hates-us card, the last refuge of the intellectually bankrupt. Rich, very rich.

Didn't think a celebrated atheist such as urself who prides himself on logical reasoning would stoop to "Qabiil-keyga uu nacab'yahay"

Damn, if this cartoon got Johnny B's blood boiling, you can best believe it did some major damage :D:D

Johnny B   

I don't think you're digressing on purpose lil Kashafa ! are you?

You're right though , it's the misplaced reality claimed to have been conveyed by the caricature that triggers my dissatisfaction, and obviously I'm not alone, hence the grapevine.

It's a pleasure that you associate me with the Somali clans of Galcaio to Mogadishu,i deeply take pride on that, but i take issue if you either call me a looter inc consultant or in any way meant to have degraded my personality. :D

Case in point, AA is what he is , we all like him , it's the message of his caricature that we're discussing, your sentiment of liking/disliking it is no less than Norf's enjoyment of his 'El-shabab' locked brains, so tell us what signifies the bravado?

"The president is not safe in Somalia"

because there are unresolved security issues, therefore the president is disliked,unpopular, not wanted, a stooge, ( i'm running out of words here ) pick your word.

Let us have a cup of Swedish "Lingon", now, i've been convinced that president Sharif is the most popular Somali president ever?, challenge me, tell me how that and Amin Amir's caricature syncs down with your above bravado?

Juje   

I fail to understand the wave of irksomeness towards the art of Amin Camir. You have got to understand he is just like one of us but with a talent to illustrate and display with a touch of humor his views ,mainly, to current and present political picture of Somalia. And he has an audience but does not necessarily command a leadership role neither the position of changing events on the ground.

Is he fair, objective and honest? But then again is it a must that he should have all this attributes. How many broad-sheets and tabloids do read or have an access to it, or for this matter any other media in the World, do they have the attributes you seek from Amin Camir? No. So why are you being hard on him?

I think at this point it is fair to mention that most of his, if not all, illustrations were pin point accurate and reflected the majority's views and understanding of the subject matter. And of course in his vivid drawings he added that touch of comedy which aroused his audience's humor. And that is what it is all about. Am sure many SOLERS enjoyed some of his previous works when the subject matter was not an affiliation but when it was they were irked.

I not only support President Sharif but work hard for his admin to succeed - and in this depiction Amin Camir is right the Presidents uses armed carrier when in Mogadishu - obviously it is not true that it happened in Turkey - but he is displaying the comedy side of it. Amin Camir is not the reason why the President uses armed carrier in Mogadishu and if you are going to get annoyed with him because of it or why did he is displaying it , then that is not fair.

N.O.R.F   

Kashka, when an opportunity (Sheikh Sharif becoming President) arises and there is a chance Somalia can turn a new page, one has NO OPTION but to support it.

No man is perfect just like no entity is perfect just like no road is smooth especially the road towards peace in Somalia. The sooner you realise this the better.

What do you propose? What should happen? Who should be in charge? How will Somalia attain peace?

You need a reality check saxib.

Kashafa   

What do you propose? What should happen? Who should be in charge? How will Somalia attain peace?

Excellent questions. If we had more of that and less cheerleading, the quality of this forum would skyrocket. I will answer those questions in conjunction when I present the Islamist blueprint for Somalia to Meeji on this thread.

Thanks for focusing on the issue and not taking words on the screen personally. If other peacniks followed ur lead, we just might have something resembling a exchange of ideas up in this crib.

Kashafa   

Case in point, AA is what he is , we all like him , it's the message of his caricature that we're discussing

the message of his caricature is crystal-clear: the hypocrisy and cowardice of Shaykh Hotel for riding in the tanks of the enemy that has killed and destroyed thousands in the Mogadisho you profess to love and have pride in. Can you not see that ? What else is there to discuss ? Look at all the pro-Shariif posters. They are engaged in frantic damage control: It wasn't funny. It was partially funny. It's disrespectful. It's offensive. It's biased. It's half-cooked. It's not relevant. Shayh Hotel is misunderstood. He is just a poor sincere soul tryna make his way through a difficult city and is in fear of his life. Yadda cry me a river yadda.

WTF, yo ? All this over, love him or hate him, the most talented and brilliant Somali satirist EVER. I've seen countless of cartoons where Amin lampoons the Noble Resistance..... do you see me crying ? Or engaging in seething damage control ?

Come on, abti. Let's get real here. You pride urself on the faculties of logic and reason. Use it.