N.O.R.F   

Frank Lampard (aka Fat Frank)- Overated

Rio ( i look like a girl) Ferdinand - Overated

Peter (bean pole) Crouch - Overated

Titus (the lump) Bramble - How the *&^% did he make it? :mad:

Steve (Irish Warrior) Finnan - Underated

Viking   

Northerner,

Stop being biased sxb :D If I were a coach, I would take Lampard over Gerrard anytime. The coaches that voted him 2nd best player in the world seem to agree too.

Rio is not overrated, he is a decent defender, actually the coolest composure in the UK. He playes more like a continental defender, a bit like the Nesta, Chivu, Blanc etc. His performance merely reflect that of his side.

Crouch is somewhat overrated. The thing is, he seems like such a miskiin and that's how he gets people on his side. I bet he can go a couple of years without scoring without drawing much criticism. :D

Titus who? Steve who? :cool:

N.O.R.F   

^^Saxib, long time

LAmpard is a very good player but we both know Stevie G is a much better footballer. Frank is a one dimensional player, if he cant shoot he will pass to his right (just watch him). He score a fair few goals yes and he is an influencial player for Chelsea. Now, Stevie G is a 'footballer' who has played in many positions, left, right, centre mid, striker, right back (CL final 2nd half) i dont see Frank doing that. He only just shaded the votes for the 2nd best player last year. Can you see Frank doing what Gerrard did in the CL final?

Your just anti Liverpool :D

As for Rio, he a decent defender yes, but he is overated. Put him against your skillful/strong players and hes alover the place. Yakubu is a good example.

So who is your overated and underated players?

Gardner (bolton) - underated

I have to say I agree with Northener. Lamps is very good player but can not be captain of any team and lead a team like Stevie Gerrard or even respond to his fans like Stevie does. Besides, Gerrard has been a great player in the Premiership and member of English Natioanl team longer than Lamps and Lampard is older than Gerrard. That says it all for me.

Lauren ( Arsenal) - underrated

Yobo (Evrton) - Underated

Martyn GK (Everto) - heavily under rated

Originally posted by Northerner:

Frank Lampard (aka Fat Frank)- Overated

Loooooooooooooooooooool!!!

You never take break, do you? Fat Lampard is the BEST pure offensive midfielder playing today. No, he is not better then ronaldinho, they play different positions. But for his position he is the best. Don't let your disappointments get in the way of making sound decision. You're bitter and it comes through your post above. You have my pity sxb.

N.O.R.F   

^^and what does a Canadian know about football? :D thank you for your pity, SG picked the CL trophy and Lamps took the Prem. IF you were to score a player on what he has won -

Like 187 said SG has been an England player far longer than Lamps and hes younger (what does that tell you)

Roll of Honours

SG - CL, Eufa Cup, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Eufa Super Cup (twice)

FL - Carling Cup & Prem

ps how many different positions can Lamps play in and succeed?

187, true Lauren is highly underated, imagine if he was English :eek:

Gareth Barry - Underated

James Beattie - way overated

WingA   

i like what Franky has done over the years BUT Stevie G is far far more complete then Franky boy.. It's not a hard choice..

rio is under-rated

SoMa_InC   

Viking, how you doing? Where have you been lately? Good to see you back.

Back to the topic, there are too many over-rated and under-rated players in the league; I agree with Northerner that the likes of Rio Ferdinand and Titus Bramble (Walahi, I don’t know how he made it, he aint a division 2 player) are over-rated.

Northerner, Sxb, Steve Finnan was superb player back in the days when he was at Fulham and I agree that he was under-rated that time but actually since jetting to Liverpool…hmmm …..I think he should stay under-rated.

Here is my list of over-rated/under-rated players:

Joe Cole (Chelsea)……..Under-rated

William Gallas(Chelsea)….. Under-rated

Eidur Gudjohnsen (Chelsea)…….. Under-rated

Gardener (Bolton, Best Jamaican player of his time)…… Under-rated

Kolo Toure (Arsenal)……………. Under-rated

Henry Camara (Wigan)……Under-rated

Papa Diop (Fulham)………...Under-rated

Boa Morte (Fulham)….. ……Under-rated

Gera (West Brom)………….Under-rated

Shay Given (Newcastle)……Under-rated

Troure (Liverpool)………….Under-rated

Ben Haim (Bolton, He is not in a level to play for Chelsea)…………Over-rated

Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd)…….Way Over-rated

Ljumberg(Arsenal)…………Over-rated

Pires(Arsenal)………………Over-rated

Fabrigas (Arsenal)….. Over-rated (Cmon he cant be a substitute for Viera)

These are the players I can think of at the moment.

Peace

Viking   

Soma,

I've been fine sxb, I've been around and about. Chelsea are so dominant in the PL and have left us with very little to discuss and disagree over. But the CL in Feb should give us plenty to squabble about.

Northerner,

Long time indeed, I hope the ME is treating you well.

LAmpard is a very good player but we both know Stevie G is a much better footballer. Frank is a one dimensional player, if he cant shoot he will pass to his right (just watch him). He score a fair few goals yes and he is an influencial player for Chelsea. Now, Stevie G is a 'footballer' who has played in many positions, left, right, centre mid, striker, right back (CL final 2nd half) i dont see Frank doing that. He only just shaded the votes for the 2nd best player last year. Can you see Frank doing what Gerrard did in the CL final?

I know what you mean, they are similar players yet quite different. But Lampard's game cannot be criticized, he is the second highest scorer (with 11 goals - as a midfielder) in the PL and no L'pool player has even netted 5 goals. He might not tackle like SG, he might not be as inspiring as SG but he's a damn good player! And he is definately not overrated.

You can not use the argument that SG can play in many different positions and is therefore a better player; Gallas is very versatile but I don't think his versatility makes him better than Cannavaro, Nesta, Terry and many others defenders.

Rio is not overrated. A good defensive midfielder always makes the defenders' job much. It is not a coincidence that Rio became shaky when Keane was not there. Real Madrid's defenders also came under a lot of pressure, scrutiny and criticism after Makelele left (they also haven't won a trophy since). Two years later, their defence is still leaking because they haven't yet replaced him with a decent defensive midfielder.

SG picked the CL trophy and Lamps took the Prem. IF you were to score a player on what he has won -

Like 187 said SG has been an England player far longer than Lamps and hes younger (what does that tell you)

Roll of Honours

SG - CL, Eufa Cup, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Eufa Super Cup (twice)

FL - Carling Cup & Prem

SG has played for England more than FL because SG has been playing for L'pool and FL for West Ham. Besides that, FL has improved tremendously the past four years.

As for the honours you listed, remove CL trophy which L'pool won on penalties and you are left with crap trophies :D:D Do you know that most big teams don't even play a strong side in Super Cups?

Honours say more about the club than they do about the player. Seedorf is the only player in the world to have won the CL with 3 different clubs, not because he's the best in the world but he hapenned to play for Ajax, Real and AC Milan at a time when they were very successful. Morientes has won more trophies than Shevchenko, Adriano and Ronaldinho, but that surely doesn't make him better than them.

Overrated players?

-Beckham

-Owen

-Del Piero

-Raul

Underrated players?

-Lauren (best right back in the PL for some years)

-Trezeguet (15 goals in 15 games this year)

-Dirk Kuyt (Feyenord)

-Oleguer (Barca)

-Zlatan

-Maldini

-Everyone at Bolton and Wigan :D:D

Ljumberg(Arsenal)…………Over-rated

Pires(Arsenal)………………Over-rated

I see that your list of over rated players is dominated by arsenal players, does not surprise me at all. However you surely werent thinkin that I was gonna stay quiet!??! Fabregas(yeh thats the right spelling) is an excellent players. Look at how he has adapted to english football so young. So many other spanish players much older thanm him are still struggling to keep up e.g. Josemi, Reyes(yeh he is still learning). He got a call up to the national team replacing Xavi, that says it all!!!!

Meanwhile Pires has gone past his time, you see why wenger wont give him more than 1 year contract. Ljungberg has struggled with a host of injuries this year, otherwise he is our most consistent player over the past few year. But clearly wenger has identified these two as problems, purchase of Hleb and switching of reyes to wing shows this clearly.

^^and what does a Canadian know about football?

Amusi ninka!!!

Gerrard has been around for longer time than Lampard whilst he is younger!! Clearly that is enough to end this debate!!!!!

187, true Lauren is highly underated, imagine if he was English

I know!!! G Neville would have lost his place some time ago!! :D

They always be criticising the guy on Sky and BBC and how "reckless" he is, Please!!!!!!!!! (gimme a break)

Essien is experienci ng it now, even though he fully desreves it!

Oleguer (Barca)

This dude deserves much more praise than he gets!!!

SoMa_InC   

^^^ Sxb, Don't defend them just because they are Arsenal players! They are over-rated, you know it, I know it and every other fan knows it. Its sad that you dont want to admit it.

You know that I hate Arsenal with passion, but I still admit that the likes of Lauren and Kolo Toure are under-rated. Let the truth be told sxb! Hit the nail on nail on the head.

You know that I hate Arsenal with passion,

Thats the only reason why you think they are over rated. Jose would kill to have a youngster like Cesc in his team. Another 1 is coming,Marco Ne, same feeder club and Ivory Coast school as Zokora, Toure, Eboue.

And the only reason why you say Lauren and Toure are under rated because they African and rightly so.

There are many teams that I hate passion nonetheless Chelsea. But a good football fan always recognises good players even if they come from rival teams. Seems like you dnt have that quality, therefore you are not a good fan of the game, just a fan of chelsea!!!!!!!!

SoMa_InC   

But a good football fan always recognises good players even if they come from rival teams.

Just because I don't see many Arsenal players to be good players does not mean that I am not a good fan of the game. I am sorry to say this, but the Arsenal of this days are not good enough. If you could read my post you will see that I regard players such as Lauren and Toure to be class but that doesnt mean all Arsenal players deserve the same respect.

Seems like you dnt have that quality, therefore you are not a good fan of the game, just a fan of chelsea

That is a personal attack and I am currently seeking legal advice from my Lawyers, I think they call it deformation of character.

^^^ Lol, deformation of character kumalahaa. Saaxib it looks like me and you will never agree upon anything, in the end it is only your personal opinion and I see that Mr Wenger might agree with you slightly as he only uses Pires as a sub these days. However being an Arsenal fan I clearly see that improvement needs to be done, Rosicky is on his way this jan with Zokora coming inthe summer.

but the Arsenal of this days are not good enough

It is only the start of this season that we have not been good enough, but you seem to regard it as the " these days" and making it look like were gonna do a NottingHam Forest.

I can not blame you, you could only talk highly of your team for the past 2 seasons, so i shall let you get on with the over due bragging. :D:D

PS: How do you like the 6-0. HAHAHAHHAHAHA

WingA   

^^lool.. walaahi that was so funny reading views on the arsenal players and i just have to rep it for

and he is Under-rated at the age 18 or 19??