Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

President Rayaale's Speech at Chatham House + Photos

If the picture is photoshopped, now that is some clever propaganda on the part of the somaliland nation. That much dedication to being independent nation, I think it's time somaliland is recognized. Good luck somaliland, but leave the people of SSC alone.

Originally posted by Xaaji_xundjuf:

somalipride we have awdalite president now so what are u talking about clan state.

when tomorow or in the future we elect a president from sool or sanaag u will say .. we also want the untouchbles to be in the ruling class of somaliland u will never be happy..

Who are the untouchables? And why are they untouchable? Do they have diseases or something?

Gabbal   

Well it may not be photo shopped after all. Riyaale did meet the Foreign Secretary as announced here by a minister Lord Mulloch-Brown during a debate but the gentleman reiterated the position of the United Kingdom with respect to Somaliland saying it is still the same and will always be that way.

On Somalia, the fight against piracy is certainly critical. As noble Lords know, we are very much involved in the piracy taskforce; its command centre is here in the UK. Beyond that, we are engaged onshore in Somalia, in the work to stabilise the political situation. There is important progress at the moment and we have been encouraging that with a new President, who has now succeeded in forming a broad-based Government, who have returned to Mogadishu. While there have been ups and downs in security, the basic trend towards a more inclusive politics in Somalia seems to be on course as an outcome of the Djibouti process.

We have had contact with the President of Somaliland, and the Foreign Secretary will meet him. Our position remains the same: first and foremost, the leaders of Somalia and Somaliland must sit down to try to resolve their differences. Beyond that, it is for Africa to take the lead in any change of status that might follow. We certainly cannot overlook the fact that Somaliland is the one part of broader Somalia where there is, at the moment, some reasonable government and development progress. Indeed, some 60 per cent of our development assistance is applied to Somaliland because of the success that is possible there.

Source

Originally posted by somalipride:

How's it possible that both leaders of the opposition belong to the same tribe? How is it possible there are no Reer Sool or Sanaag running for pres? If that isn't proof it's a tribal state I don't know what is. When I see someone from Sool or Sanaag running for Pres (forget about winning), i'll admit it is not a tribal state.

What are you trying to say here? That Reer Laaska are excluded from running for the top office? If so, can you back that accusation with facts.

Yesterday, it was about, only the biggest clan in SL will have total monopoly... when that was falsified and trashed in the garbage, this is what they come up with. :D

As for when someone from Laaska will run for office... your wish will come true sooner than later. smile.gif

But as usual, that will not be enough for you.

Good to know you were there in person Oodweyne ,,, now i'm confident the speech went well.

The rest, i'm not worried at all ,, even if Somaliland is recognized they will still say "it is photoshopped" ,, :D

lool. This is another desperate move. So Oodweyne was there when he was shaking the FM hand? Give us a break, it all looks kind of sad for the secessionists and good for Riyaale's attempt to Mugg them again.

Gabbal   

Oodweyne, you are 9 years too late. The only "input" I am willing to hear from you is a formal public announcement of any of those things you say are discussed privately. Until then, keep your inputs to yourself, it seems like the millionth time the duck quacked.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Gabbal:

Emperor your accusation of photoshop made me look closely at the picture. Notice the back of Miliband when compared to the red chair. That is not the markings of a real picture.

Lol @ Shylock Horn.

Maybe JB superimposed Rayaale's head over Badhack Obama's picture. Why don't you try something as imaginative for Barry, you know he needs all the help he can get. :D

Ibtisam   

Emperor, having met Milliband, I don't think anyone in their right mind will call him short. You sure you know what you are talking about? He is just skinny, but he is a tall man.

@ Oodweyne, which one of the brief case carrying, important looking farah were you?? icon_razz.gif

AYOUB   

^ Let's give Emperor the benefit of the doubt ;) he could be confusing Milibands. Maybe, just maybe. There must be an explanation...

_42438782_milibands_pa.jpg

Ibtisam   

^^^LOOOOL

I did entertain the idea of taking a pluck card with Oodweyne written on it, (anticipating you would be there somewhere) but obviously decided against it, as I had try make myself look important and head taller in the usual male dominated arena. :D