Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Thank You President Afwerki

Nur   

Thank You Eritrea

On Behalf of the Somali people all over the world, I thank the Heroic Eritrean People and Leadership for standing with the Somali people in a time when no nation seems to be on its side.

President Afwerki truly lives up to his name, AFWERKI means Golden Mouth, and history will record his bold words and truthful attitude when everyone else was hypocritical. His remarks angers polititians who serve other than their people, because, President Afwerki serves his people, and as a true and genuine Christian, holds Muslims with the highest respect, which worries war pimps and civil war instigators.

His country, small in footprint, yet big in terms of its message for all aspiring oppressed nations in the region, Eritreans never gave up fighting for their country, and after 30 years, they defeated a nation that was being supported by all Emperial forces in the world. A living example for the Somali resistance against the genocidal Ethiopian invaders.

Afwerki's Eritrea is an example for all emerging little nations, I found Eritrea during my visit to be an (A) Country, because it does not have a ( B), ( C), or ( D)

Bribery, Corruption or Drugs.

At the Airport in Asmara, while working on my laptop, a security officer was tipped off of a possible mole, as he approached me thinking that I was an Ethiopian spy, he nervously asked me of my nationality, to his relief, he sighed after finding out of my Somali origins, he immediatetely welcomed me as a friend.

Eritrea's people are the mosts hospitable people I have ever met, as a visitor, I toured Mussawa, Asmara, and Karan where I ate a familiar Mogadishu area fruit ( Murcood, known there as MUL3O). Eveywhere I went, I was treated like a King, just because I was their Somali brother, I was so moved by their hospitality that, I am at loss for words, all I can say, Thank you Eritrea for Standing with Somalis at this difficult time. Somalis all over the world will never forget a true friend in time of dire need.

My diving trip to torquise waters of Dahlak Islands was the most satisfying experience I ever had, there, as I landed, I met some local people who reminded me of our origins, the Afar speaking people, were indeed very kind, and generous, so were all other Eritreans everywhere, The Asaawirta, the Jabarti and others.

In a restaurant in Asamra, after eating my meal, I was surprised to find that an Eritrean who was dining next to me recognized me as a Somali, and paid my bill without telling me, when I asked him why, he joyfully reminded me that Eritrea is my second home and I am very much welcommed.

I found Asmara to be one of the cleanest cities in Africa, and its people, the most dignified people around, they were poor, yet highly dignified, they set an example that one does not have to sell his/her country to Emperialists to eat, they are very proud of their nation and country and have managed to fight for over 30 years to gain their independence from Emperial Ethiopia and contiue to defend it from blood thristy Ethiopian Invaders with every drop of their blood.

Thank You President Afwerki for being a friend

Thank You Eritrea!

Nur

truly very proud ppl who put their country first and clan stuff back in the trunk.

cheerleaders should be exciled to Eritrea to learn how to be ppl with back bone! and not a toliet paper... :eek:

i always felt this ppl were the closest to me as somali. in college and around la these days.. they are like brothas. i never invited an ethiop or ever went to their houses.. but countless Eritreans come to my place and i enjoy hanging out with them...great ppl.

Its all abt interest and Afwerki does not support or love somalis(UIC) because he loves but because we have a mutual enemy at least for now, Ethiopia.

Afwerki was fighting ONLF just in 1997, today, they have the largest base in his country. We shall see how long his supports last when he sorts out with his cousin(habar-wadaag) Ato Meles nontheless, we should milk his support as long as we have.

At any rate, we should thank him for siding with us against the many enemies of the somali peoples when the wolrd abandoned them.

P.s. I am only talking abt afwerki regime not the public

Peacenow   

Here in Milan, where i work. The horn of afrca community is concetrated in a small area, very close to the central station. Around the Viale Tunisia, you can see eritrean and ethiopian cafes and restuarants, old shops, where their paintings and symbols are displayed. They just linger, mostly. Their young men, just milling about in the streets, looking poor.

I see some ethiopian women in the morning work rush, working as cleaner in the offices. But apart from that, they are not very economically active. The chinese have recently arrived, you see them everywhere. They are starting shops and business. Now, if you order a pizza, the people in the shop, will be chinese.

I never go into the ethiopian places, but where I have been two eritran cafe places. Inside one of them for lunch, the place was empty, just the owner and the indian cook inside. The first thing he asked me, was where I was from. I said Somalia. He was then very friendly to me. Their food is very different to Somali. You eat with a pancake and scoop the little meat sauces and vegetables. I didn't like the food much, i much prefer Somali. But the are always friendly to Somali, i do enjoy it.

The only thing is that, I can't tell the difference between them, just by looking at them, you can't see, who is from where.

I assume they are ethiopians, unless, i know otherwise, which means i dont get involved with them.

Som@li   

Eritreans are very heroic, and were voted the most patriotic people on earth, and Somalis have alot to learn from them indeed, maybe after 50 years of occupation, We will be like them.

Nur, Were you with ICU team?

Nur   

Latif and Dabshid

Eritrea like all other countries are after their national interest, in addiion, Eritrea is recognizeing aid that was given its struggle to gain independence from Ethiopia, so in a way they are returning a favor.

Dabshid, you ask:

Nur, Were you with ICU team?

No, I am an internet creature. But I am with the law of Allah known as Sharia, which gurantees peace and brotherhood for all Somalis and able to heal our national dilemma, it helps create peace and harmony, but thesed days Islam has a new enemy worldwide, its called the Neocos who will do all evil until votedout of office, we pray Allah stop them so the weak an survive. Are you on with the Sharia too?

Nur

Som@li   

Brother, Yes, I am with Sharia too, But I believe ALL somalis are not ready for Sharia today, They have to be given and presented slowly, cant be injected all at once.

Nur   

Dabshid bro.

You write:

"But I believe ALL somalis are not ready for Sharia today, They have to be given and presented slowly, cant be injected all at once."

Walaal, After the six months of the Union Of Islamic Courts in Mogadishu, teh only major complaint was the prohihbition of QAT ( Which effected the Ethiopian and Kenyan Farmers cashflow) and banning of Blue Movies in make shift home theaters, other than that, Histor was made, and Somalis welcomed the Sharia Law with enthusiasm, it took a foreign force to overthrow the UIC, armed with the ninth fleet US Navy and the Ethipian Army assisted by the US reconnaisance planes and supply of extensive intelligence services.

I wrote a piece back in 2003 Titled :

Are we ready For Sharia Law? The answer to that question is an answer to our loyalies, belief in Allah and final transript befire we depart to a Justice Land, Dar Us-Salaam, follow this link.

http://www.somaliaonline.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002258#000000

Nur

Nur   

Somalia - One Year After TPLF Invasion

Shabait.com (Asmara)

EDITORIAL

20 December 2007

Posted to the web 21 December 2007

Asmara

In a press release it issued on 1 December 2006, the Eritrean Ministry of Foreign Affairs had revealed that the UN Security Council was contemplating to adopt a resolution that at first seemed to ban the interference of external forces but was in fact aimed at creating a conductive ground for a single political force in Somalia. The release had also cautioned that the unstudied and reckless measure the Security Council was about to take will plunge Somalia into further chaos.

Stating that the Somali interim government not only lacked legality at the time of its establishment, but had also failed to gain acceptance among the people, the press release attempted to remind that that the Council or the international community had no authority or right whatsoever to enforce an unwelcome political force on a sovereign people. It went on to expose the misleading concept that the Security Council's draft resolution was initially proposed by IGAD, and stated that the seven member states of the regional organization did not have a common understanding regarding the Somali issue. Moreover, the release revealed that the erroneous assumption that 'Somalia will become a haven for terrorists and a new battle field for Eritrea and Ethiopia' could not justify external interference, and warned the Security Council to refrain from taking any measure that could entail dangerous consequences on the peace and stability of Somalia. Similarly, President Isaias Afwerki had on several occasions warned that the contemplated invasion of Somalia would be a 'journey into a quagmire' and repeatedly called on the international community to rule out any possibility of external interference in Somalia, particularly that of the Somali people's long time adversary, the TPLF regime.

Thus, the existing quagmire of prolonged war and a terrible humanitarian crisis in Somalia had been predicted long before the invasion took place. Yet, administered by intelligence agencies and reduced to being merely tools at the hands of superpowers, international organizations had no time to entertain such earnest and accurate calculations. The US Administration had for several reasons chosen to enforce an illegal and unacceptable political entity on a people who had made their choice very clear. Moreover, the Security Council, instead of fulfilling its duty as an international body to protect the sovereign nation from invasion and, thereby, uphold international laws and principles, engaged itself in creating conducive grounds for the implementation of US policies. Adding fuel to the flames, the Council even lifted the arms embargo on Somalia dating back to 1992, allowing the unacceptable interim government and other forces in the country to arm themselves. In keeping with its previous measures, the Council went on to accuse nations who opposed US policies in this case of 'illegally smuggling in arms to Somalia.'

The Security Council, while technically being the first body that should have opposed the invasion, instead chose to debase the principles and objectives it stands for and, in a bid to conform to US policies, gave the green light for Ethiopian troops to invade Somalia under the pretext of protecting the interim government. Following suit, and to the embarrassment of all Africans, the AU gave its blessing to this invasion, claiming that Ethiopia 'has every right to defend itself.' Similarly, other international organizations, short of making feeble statements, refrained from showing strong objection towards such an illegal action while being fully aware that it was against all international principles and charters.

Now, one year later, everyone is witnessing the ghastly consequences of the aforementioned callous and erroneous measures. The interim government, even with the TPLF regime at its side, could not gain complete control of Mogadishu and still remains limited to Baidoa. Moreover, it has lately been forced to admit that 80% of Somali territories are out of its control. This is because it is impossible for a government that cannot make a place for itself in the hearts of its people, in the first place, to gain control of the land. In sending batch after batch of soldiers to their death, the TPLF regime has been gambling with the lives of Ethiopian youths. But, in the end, it will become clear that only shame and defeat could come out of this blood game, for no force can ever suppress the choice of the people!

Fabregas   

@Nur, why do you think about the allegation that Eritrea is oppressing Muslims in it's own country? There was an armed Islamc Jihad movement attempting to overthrow the Eritrean regime, which was ironically(apparently) supported by Ethiopia!Of course it's hard to find the correct details of what actually occurs in such an isolated country, lakin, it touches on serious issue which is affecting many Islamic movements across the world. That is, how can one make alliances and engage in friendly behaviour with the one who is oppressing a Muslim? An official OF Hamas was asked, " why have such a friendly alliance with Russia", when Russia is oppressing felloW Muslims in Chechnya? He replied that Chechnyans and Palestinians were different peoples/struggles etc..... There are also other examples were Islamic movements have distanced themselves from other Muslim group who are struggling in others parts of the globe. Of course one understands that Muslims have little power today, thus they need all the support they can get. One could say that poor SOmalis need Eritrea's assistance as they have no other States really backing them. We can all say that diplomacy is needed when it comes dealing with international relations and the wider big brother eyes of Adeer Sam. I could understand why SOmalis in Asmara distanced themselves from the struggle in Somali Galbeed and said this was an issue for them to sort out. So the Question is where does an "Islamic" struggle fit into fighting for states/borders that were created by the West in the first place and ignoring other Muslims struggles in the world and even making alliances with those that oppress them? Also what do u think of the statement below:

quote:I have said it earlier and repeat again; we are an inseparable part of the Islamic Ummah. I am saddened by the position of those Muslims who declare as their enemies only those kafirs who attacked them directly. And at the same time they seek support and sympathy from other kafirs, forgetting that all infidels are one nation.

Today in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia and Palestine our brothers are fighting. Those who attack Muslims are our common enemies wherever they are. Our enemy is not Russia only, but also anyone who wages war against Islam and Muslims. They are our enemies because they are enemies of Allah.

Once again I foresee condemnation of this position by the hypocrites and panic among the weak Muslims but not from the firm Muslims. Typical arguments in such cases include that it is a foolish policy, that we will set the whole world against ourselves.

Subhanallah! It is as if the whole world of infidels and apostates is not already waging war against Muslims. In this regard, I would to say to the dissenters that the real and wise policy is that which is based on the Quran and the Sunnah. The foolish policy is based on hollow expectations, incomprehensible fantasies and fear of a visible power.

Amir of the Caucasus Emirate,

Dokka Umarov

AFWERKI! Has any of you being to an Eritrean jail? It is full of muslims. Your so called liberator Afwerki is killing and torturing Eritreans mostly the muslims and may I remind you Afwerki was always against the freedom of the somalis in Ethiopia. Unlike the TFG the ICU always claimed they want to rule with the Sharia Law which Sharia do we have two different Sharias one for the ICU followers and one for the rest of the muslims including the somalis who do not support them?

Nur   

Seek-knowledge,

Have I been to an Eritrean Jail? Alhamdulillah nope.

My question to you: have you been to one?

Please educate us on this topic, because apart from my very memorable visit in which I was treated as a son of Eritrea, I have not looked deeper on skeletons if they indeed exist.

Few thoughts are in order though.

The Prophet SAWS said : Muslims are like a single body, when one part is sick, the entire body aches with fever and pain"

Allah SWT referring to plight of Muslims under non Muslim rule Says:

إن الذين آمنوا وهاجروا وجاهدوا بأموالهم وأنفسهم في سبيل الله والذين آووا ونصروا أولئك بعضهم أولياء بعض والذين آمنوا ولم يهاجروا ما لكم من ولايتهم من شيء حتى يهاجروا وإن استنصروكم في الدين فعليكم النصر إلا على قوم بينكم وبينهم ميثاق والله بما تعملون بصير "

In the above verse of Surah Al Anfal, two main conditions are set for rescue of a captive Muslim by an enemy:

1. That they(those in distress and rescuers) are waliyy to each other ( Wilaaya must precede help)

2. Those in distress must request for Help.

With exception:

1. That the enemy captivating them is not in truce with the rescuers, because Muslims are obliged to keep their word even with their enemy.

Once we read the above Devine teachings we now look into facts on ground:

1. Is The government of Eritrea an enemy of the Somali people? Or a friend?

To answer this question, we have to go back in History:

Somalia under Siad Barre and Sharmarke has given Ertirea sanctuary, treated them as Somali citizens, and offered them travel documents to facilitate their independence. Now, remember, both Somalia and Eritrea had a common enemy, Ethiopia, Somalia being a single ethnic single religion nation, Eritrea and Ethiopia, a multi-ethnic, multi religious nations, but all of them, secular and at one time communists.

Now, from that historical background, Eritrea finds itself in a dilemma, on one hand it wants to be grateful to Somalis who have since splintered into Islamists and Secularists ( Tribalists). While Eritea form within itself, a country that is 50%50 Cristian/Muslim, with 8 distinct ethnic/lingusitic groups, has its own internal political turmoil and conflict since the ELF ( Muslim) and the EPLF ( Christian) who have both fought the Ethiopians side by side as secularists/nationalists, have their own power struggle, which created political dissent and the jails that you have mentioned.

Under these messy circumstances in the region, teh ICU is born, a dummy governmet created for Somalia in Nairobi by Ethiopia, an Invasion of Ethiopia with an overt support from USA topples their rule, and once more Anarchy is restablished in Somalia by the NeoCons and their regional client state, Ethiopia, Now, The ICU,thinking that Kenya to be impartial in the conflict finds out that they were bribed to their teeth, and thus cowtow to hegimonistic orders, the ICU betrayed by Kenya, found no shelter after the American backed Ethiopian army swept thru Somalia except Eritrea,( although I strongly believe that they should have never left the country under occupation), however, Eritrea, a secular nation, also threatened by Ethiopia, saw a danger if indeed Ethipia succeeds in swallowing up an entire nation like Somalia, so it offered help and shelter of the ICU for two reasons.

1. For its own national security

2. To be thankful to Somalis in distress

But the Somalis in Eritreas eyes came in two flavors:

1. Islamists

2. Secularists/ Nationlastis ( some possible double agents working for Ethiopia)

Islamists are:

1. Intellectuals (political arm)

2. Grass root sheikhs ( Judges)

But from the point of the Hosts ( Eritreans), they have not been part of Somali internal conflict, in reciprocity, the guests find it unwise to meddle into the internal conflict of the hosts.

So, we have a complex situation, which calls for a wise analyses, as the priorities have to be defined at each stage given the prevailing circumstances and realities on the ground.

Nur

me   

1. Politics aside.....Eritreans are cool people...got many Eritrean mates....and not one Xabash.

2. Political interest may play a role in Afwerki's actions, but the Somalis and Eritreans are in my experience usually friends.