Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

KULMIYE Convention Came to the End ,,,,,, Leaders Elected

Muuse bixi is elected as second man for kulmiye

but i dont get it why some people disaprove i think silanyo made the right choice there

Making a balance between barri and galbeed.

In somaliland we have no such thing as The president should be from that clan the vice president should be from that clan . its one man one vote

Originally posted by AfricaOwn:

Who is Muuse Biixi and why do some of you disapprove him?

Muuse Biixi is one of the former SNM leaders ....

Gediid   

JB

I understand he was elected but he was chosen by Silaanyo to run with him.

Oodweyne

It seems the contest has ended before it even began for Kulmiye.Biixi choice as VP sealed that deal.UDUB is unpopular but with them at least the nation enjoys peace.Biixi and his calan cas friends cant quite say the same and as such people will vote for UBUD en masse come election time.....

Bixi and silanyo are mujaheed wadanka way uu soo halgameen dalka inay xukumaan xaq bay uu leeyihin.

Silanyo wuxu soo bartay dhaqaallo wa nin Dalka hormarrin karre Ina bixi Wuxu macalin ku yahay siida dawlad loo soo dhiiso , waki cigaal ba la soo dhiisay

Originally posted by Gediid:

Siilaanyo just lost any chance he might have had of being a serious contender.His nomination of Muse Biixi as vice chair was the final nail in the coffin.The old man can now go and honorably retire.

I for one am totally diasappointed in his choice.I thought Silaanyo was the only serious candidate to challenge UDUB but he has squandered that chance big time.......

That is a cool old man,I like Silanyo. Give him a chance smile.gif

Laba-X   

Just as expected, Dear Oodweyne, Just as expected. You never disappoint!

Since I will add nothing new to this discussion, or anything that will penetrate your SNM-fortified skull, I shall leave you to entertain yourselves in the glorification of your kisnmen with some profligately applied gimmickery.

Until we meet again Sir...

Originally posted by Gediid:

JB

I understand he was elected but he was chosen by Silaanyo to run with him.

Oodweyne

It seems the contest has ended before it even began for Kulmiye.Biixi choice as VP sealed that deal.UDUB is unpopular but with them at least the nation enjoys peace.Biixi and his calan cas friends cant quite say the same and as such people will vote for UBUD en masse come election time.....

^^ :D

Now does this mean, Ahmed Siilaanyo will be running for President and Biixi will be running for VP??

If so, I think Kulmiye Party hasn't learned an oita of the last elections.

Since Gabiley provides a bedrock support for Kulmiye Party, I think he would have gotten away if he elected Mujaahid Ibrahim Dhegoweyne instead.

At least, if Ibrahim Dhegoweyne was elected, Ibrahim would've guaranteed to sway supporters from Ahmed Yusuf Yasin's Berbera electorate.

But as it stands now, Kulmiye is not going to get any new supporters.

My two cents.

^ didn't bother to read all that nonsense but i agree with everything you said about the ******, afweine and muster yey but why leave cade, the sayid and that other fool running around in kismayo?

one question though, does not your support and celebration of everything SNM clan or Somaliland clan put you squarely in the middle of the very "qabiilist ilk" you deride in this forum?

Laba-X   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

^ didn't bother to read all that nonsense but i agree with everything you said

:D:D:D

Dear Oodweyne,

Despite the inconsistency of your excessive verbiage, your inability to articulate your opinions coherently and with a clear sentence structure is still letting you down.

Your sentences, if one can call them that, are largely made up of decoratives, and, regrettably, that’s all there’s to them. The have no substance as Baashi would say!

Your too profligate, Adeer, even in your ‘side-ways contemptible glance’. The thing is that’s how you and your Administration see your surroundings – colourful, through your rose-tinted spectacles and earnestly extending the Dowlisyo of your shrivelled Wadaamo to the bottom of the waterless wells.

All one can attribute to you is your ill-applied profligacy that bloats your psyche!

Revel in it while you can, my Friend!

Niyo berbera yaa daggan suldaanka

niyo 2000 oo qoff na ma daggana Silanyo did good now he gote allvotes from hargeysa 1.2 milion ba daggaan and the saroundings of hargeysa gabiley arabsiyo bulahaar. And burco ceelafweyn ceerigabo Silanyo codka ka hellaya

thats the best deal i ever heard

Baashi   

^Hold on to every bit of hope that folks have wisen up and nineties style of Habar-Shiish vs. Habar-Kuuleey will not rear its ugly head again. Talk about having skeleton with lil meat here and there right in the closet!

On Oodweyne,

Here he goes again. SOL’s professional manure slinger is back! The sort of words that come easily to this man!!! We are ashamed to have a quarrelsome braggart -- a windbag in Rush Limbaugh’s mold -- whose writing style is famed for its unapologetic and extreme partisanship in our midst. I’m trying my best to put up with his never ending vomit. I’m this close to let all out but barely....

I don’t have time to put this clannish lunatic in his place for I’m too busy to do justice on the pathology he so theatrically advances on this board. Suffice to say that the only reason I’m so hastily filing this entry is to serve as a check or rather balance the scale.

First thing first, my man Oodweyne knows no facts or very few facts and not much history, judging from the cantrabaqash he writes on this board -- this judgment is limited on the Somali issues. I used to ask myself whether Oodweyne believes in what he writes.

Not anymore! I concluded that he hides, or tries to hide, an essential truth for the sake of winning the argument. What happened to Somalis is simply a tragedy -- a one in monumental proportions. To brag about the demise of entire nation and consequences the demise of a nation entails is simply unconscionable!!!!! This is the essential truth.

Know this buddy: “D” might have ruled, directly or indirectly, the state since its inception. Yes. Taking arms against unjust rulers is justified provided removal of the malevolent leaders can be achieved without farther worsening what was alreday a bad situation. But by golly liquidating the entire state especially when anarchy is the only alternative is not a defeat for certain segments of the population but defeat for all. The defeat is wall to wall. For you to take a megaphone and hammer this bit day in and day out says a lot about your moral caliber.

How Folks who reside in Benadir, Hiiraan, or even in Bay can be characterized as winners in this tragedy is beyond me. To Oodweyne the answer is simple, he got his own fiefdom and as far as he is concerned he wrestled that price from certain segment hence his fixation on defeat-victory dichotomy. He won. They lost. All others should be content for Afweyne is history. Watertight logic huh! You better believe it buddy!

What do you make of someone who tries to take credit in the suffering of the thousands and thousands of civilians languishing in the shabby foreign refugee camps? Don’t mince words in answering this simple and straightforward question! That someone is Oodweyne. The depth this man is willing to go -- in online forum putting his sacred honor on the line -- is quite amazing. I don’t know him in person but his views toward some segment of Somalis strike me as being dangerous.

I don’t mind if he keeps keeping on the Anglophile and Italophile dichotomy and proceeds from there with his not-so intelligent divisive secessionism which gains its stem from past and now defunct colonial subjugation. That sort of argument is fine by me, really.

Two steps backward:

The pro-secessionists simpletons on this site confuse opposition to secessionism to envy or even hatred. Let me assure you that’s not the case. There are also those who try to justify an ill conceived political blunder in the larger scheme of things and jump two hoops in arguing that civil strife down the south leaves them no alternative but to embrace separatists drive to revive former and now defunct British colonial legacy.

The logic there is circular. The question now becomes are you for secessionism only because of the civil strife in the South or are you for secessionism because you buy the argument that secessionism basically entails restoration of lost sovereignty? What if the will of the people in certain segment of what used to be British Protectorate is against the dismemberment drive as manifested in Sool and Sanaag? How should one go about demarcating clan -- or to be politically correct in this joint clan based districts -- borders? These are pertinent questions that hit the epicenter of secessionists’ project.

Two steps forward:

Despite Oodweyne’s the doom gloom world he so wishes for everyone else other than his own clan fiefdom, there are hopeful signs that political wing of UIC and TFG’s Nur Cadde are negotiating a scenario in which Tigre’s trrops will be withdrawn from Benadir and be confined to Bay region and in return the UIC guarantees normalcy to return to Benadir. The plan hinges on UIC top brass’ ability to control Al Shabaab wing -- unlikely scenario nevertheless folks on both sides of the aisle are talking which is a good enough sign that the end is near.

My feeds say that Nur will replace Tigre’s troops with friendly local clan militia and TFG’s own militia supported by African and Arab peacekeepers. This is a light year from realizing functioning Somali state. However, with phased and gradual withdrawal of Tigre troops replaced by neutral troops there is a chance of having broad based reconciliation attended by all stakeholders held in Benadir. Wish them all the luck.

Waa Siday Tahay,

What if the will of the people in certain segment of what used to be British Protectorate is against the dismemberment drive as manifested in Sool and Sanaag?

Simple really. You don't have to look far, Kosovo is a good example of what happened to a renegade minority.

N.O.R.F   

The logic there is circular. The question now becomes are you for secessionism only because of the civil strife in the South or are you for secessionism because you buy the argument that secessionism basically entails restoration of lost sovereignty? What if the will of the people in certain segment of what used to be British Protectorate is against the dismemberment drive as manifested in Sool and Sanaag? How should one go about demarcating clan -- or to be politically correct in this joint clan based districts -- borders? These are pertinent questions that hit the epicenter of secessionists’ project.

You oppose, in your opinion, an entity based on clan but then in the same breath wish for the resolution/demarcation of regions based on clan? Am I reading this wrong ya Baashi?

Baashi   

^Yes

I'm short on time here buddy but quickly and briefly the short answer is no. You are not reading it right. Awoowe the only thing I wish for Somalis is peace and prosperity.

You gotta understand the premise itself fisrt awoowe before you embark on extrapolating exercise. You see the assumption is that you Northerner reserve the right for self-determination. From the bottom of your heart of hearts deep deep down you think that the folks in that fiefdom are distinct from the rest of the population precisely because of the short presence of British colonial officers, back in the days, serving their majesty’s desire to dominate and subjugate what they called indigenous folks!

It is an argument that I frankly look down to. Nevertheless you are a follower to a secessionism that anchor its moral and legal drive on that colonial legacy and on that basis want to secede from this failed state of ours. Hang in there papa I’m getting there....

Understand also that precincts or for that matter districts or even provinces have demarcated borders marked for administrative and governmental purposes. In Utah for instance the state might be constituted out of religious consideration. In our case the dominant political platform that eclipses everything and anything in our political discourse is tribalism. It is not my idea awoowe it is what makes Somali politicking go round.

With this background let’s go back to your comment. At issue is the North itself. I’m sure you have heard it before. There is this saying: If Somalia if divisible so is Somaliland. Case in point, Maakhir! The principle of self determination is invoked here. Unless you wanna tell me that defunct colonial legacy trumps the will of Maakiries!!

Same is true with disputed precincts in Sool. In short awoowe what I object to is not the actualities on the ground where much of the political dispute revolves the control of land, resources, or power in which same subclans within the clan find themselves locked in a loggerhead.

No. What I object to is dismembering the state on the bases of what European empire colonized and subjugated which part. That’s what I object to. First can be reversed. The latter, arguably, is irreversible.

Prince, awoowe that corner of Somalia is no Kosovo. Besides Kosovo case comes in different context -- a one that’s entirely different than what at issue is in our sand dunes. I know folks see what they wanna see but pal this ain’t what you think it is.

Sure Kosovo is a precedent. Remember Africa is where many restless genies are locked in Coca-Cola like canisters. Open it with caution is what the AU letterhead says. I’m resigned to that fact that this is American century. They do make or break the Worl Order and if they wish they will make Somali dismemberment a reality.

So far I don’t see it coming from this admin. The irony of all ironies is that Neocons in power and with their fixation of democracy pet projects they opted to throw their support behind the TFG instead of recognizing democratic Northwestern Somalia.

That is very telling.

Later,

Paragon   

Originally posted by Suldaanka:
quote:

What if the will of the people in certain segment of what used to be British Protectorate is against the dismemberment drive as manifested in Sool and Sanaag?

Simple really. You don't have to look far, Kosovo is a good example of what happened to a renegade minority.
So in more simpler words; decimation or wholesale cleansing? Talk of the "Serbs of Somalia complex'. Here I was starting to think Somaliland's case was being equaled to that of the Kosovars seeking international recognition.