Sign in to follow this  
Alisomali

Can I live in Somaliland

Lixle   

Ameenah lol

UDUB gambled last presidential elections when they unnecessarily fired heavywieght politicians like the former Educations Minister Ahmed Duaale and former UDUB chairman Dr. Abdi Aw Daahir. And guess what?? The result was, KULMIYE capitalising and in turned boosted their votes in the election day.

Yeah, the parlimentray elections, the most crusial one, is coming up early next year and I think UDUB is preparing for a tough show down with KULMIYE.

In the last elections, UDUB did really bad in Eastern Somaliland, now they are trying to appease for voters.

can't wait!

Gabbal   

Have nothing constructive to add, but just asking.

Ali both you and the 'doctor with no tools' are welcome to work and live in Somaliland.

Good to know but Somalia will always be my place on earth; from Hargeisa to Muqdisho.

What I am not so sure about is what sorts of rights you (a non Somalilander I think) will have.

I found that statement very ironic.

Xalimo7   

Well bro , from your writing alone i have noticed first that you were some where b/w 8-9yrs old when your family were part of the Regime that humiliated the Landers and Killed and Raped Innocent Lives,i don't know about you , but at about the same age you are claiming you were, i was criss crossing b/w jungles of somalia and kenya by foot,and witnessed what has happned to my family,so Yes Somalilanders are forgiven ppl in nature,once you spit it doesn't come back ,but in your case since your memory are so short, yes you can come and work and invest the loved land you are almost wlc,as long as you never bring the memory back to the ppls mind, and claim to be as you mentioned here , memeber of the Former Regime(brutality) comes to most of the pps mind. So wlc and enjoy for your life and make sure you respect the law of the land,and you will be mostly welcomed to the Lander Land.

see you dude

Thank you to all those that have replied to my question. I will certianly take it into consideration as part of my risk assesment of operating in Somaliland.

Furthermore I urge any Somalis who have recieved higher education to take into consideration of going back to the motherland, even if it is not a region where your so-called "Qabil" is not from. Somalis, whether they are in Somaliland or Southern Somali or Ogadenia or Northern Kenya, regardless need their childern in the diaspora to come back to help it rebuild; and take it away from god forsaken "Qabilism" that has killed its childern and raped its women.

Gabbal   

when your family were part of the Regime that humiliated the Landers and Killed and Raped Innocent Lives,

:confused: :confused:

you are almost wlc,as long as you never bring the memory back to the ppls mind, and claim to be as you mentioned here , memeber of the Former Regime(brutality)

:confused: :confused:

I don't understand?

Xalimo sis I am not sure you're talking to me, but (just as you assumed about me [inaccurately I might add]) I presumed from your writings that you act as if the Somalis from Waqooyi are the only Somalis to have suffered! Not only you, but a lot of the "landers" I have met seem a bit selfish and self-centered in my opinion, only talking about their injustices and their woes.

Since they were at one time singularly attacked, "they" like to assume as if they're more "special" or more noteworthy of attention than other sufferers, as if their is such a reasoning in that kind of situation.

Reer Bari were attacked half a decade earlier than Reer Waqooyi, and they have forgiven and forgottan.

Since we got indignant and started insulting other folk's families, let me just say, if I were in your position, I (meaning Xalimo7) would consider HornAfrique (whose family hails from Mudug and had nothing to do with Siad Barre) and who is not from my clan and had nothing to do with the genocide more a friend , then Riyaale who is from my clan (i'm assuming), from the same region as I, who claims to be my "leader", and was one of the driving forces behind the mentioned genocide.

***WARNING: Assumptions not 100% guaranteed. :eek:

this is what i dont get ??? if you believe you can better any region of your origin you should not be held back by your paretns' wrongdoings. what one does has nothing to do with the wrongdoings of his/her parent.

so by all accounts go ahead and open your financial institution.

Lixle   

HonAfrik:

Reer Bari were attacked half a decade earlier than Reer Waqooyi, and they have forgiven and forgottan.

How could you put the two in the same sentence? You are not doing any justice to the recent history. Far from your simplistic view, the two can not be compared or even put in same sentence.

The motives behind the reer bari attack was purely political. It was Abdilaahi Yusuf who single handedly put at risk, thousands of his other kinsmen. It was after Abdilaahi Yusuf's ilfated failed attempt to remove his cousin, Afweyne, from power. In return Afweyne, went after Abdilaahi Yusuf and all his supporters, for challenging his power base. But one needs to underline, Afweyne never destoryed a major city, like Burao nor had he sammerly executed innocent civilians enmass as happened in Hargeisa, or were innocent civilians rounded in Mogadishu or Kismaayo and summerly executed outside Mogadishu as happened in Jazeera massacre.

In the case of Somaliland, this was a purely clan motivated attempt with historic links to seatle old clan scores. Led this campaign were the clans namely, *********** and Ogaden and their mentor Mareexan and later joined by ********** . This was a clear ethnic cleanthing attempt against a certain clan in the north.

It startted in the early 1980s, when handreds over handreds of thousands of Ogaden refugees were seattled in the North. By late 1985, those same refugees would completely take over every major position of the North. In 1982, the government rounded up a group named "UFO" and were all sentenced either death, life in prison. Their crime? All they did were to volunteerly do the job that the Government of Mogadishu on purposely failed to do, e.g. helping hospitals, schools etc. That event, would trigger what was known as "dhagax tuurkii" whereby students of Hargeisa threw stones at the government soldiers. The government soldiers replied with mighty fire power, killing several stone throwing students. In the coming few months, stone throwing students would be common on the streets of Hargeisa.

The Government of Siyad Barre then employed curfews, which ran from 3PM - 9AM everyday. And the soldeirs would patrol the streets during the curfew, if they found someone outside, they would take him to jail.

In response to the harsh Afweyne government, the Somali Natinal Movement was declared in London. As a result the Afweyne government led by people like Ina Dafle armed some clans against the SNM including the Ogadeni Refugees, who proved deadly, since they had very large numbers settled in the middle of ***** area.

THe Afweyne government would practice some of the deadlies tactics known to men in the events that led to the major 1988 wars.

The 1988 war came and everybody know how ruthless the Afwyne government was. The number of civilians it savagely murdered can not be counted.

The Ethiopians avoided to bombard Eritrean cities during their wars, even after Asmara fell to the Eritrean forces or the tigre capital Mekele fell to Zanawi's EPRDF. The Afweyne government however, bombarded the cities of Hargeisa and Burao to the ground and looted what was lootable.

Gabbal   

I am very well aware of the facts Mujaahid, but what I see as selfish and inconsiderate to human life is how one can think one murder is less worthy of attention then another one simply, because it was made for a political reason and the other one wasn't.

Allah, SWT, said in the Qur'aan;

“That whoever kills a single soul for other than a soul (killed) or for corruption in the earth, it is as though he had killed all of humanity together, and whoever saves the life of a single soul, it is though he had saved the life of all humanity together.” (al-Ma’Ida 5:32)

Xalimo7   

if we all pretend and forget what happened then history will never forgive us. The only way that will prevent the genocide that happened to the thousand and thousand innocent civilians that has been massacared, is to talk and remind everyday how sad and selfish are some of us.One will never understand,if you look the other way and compare apple and orange.

Mujahid can you spell"Fighter Airplanes". if you do then you know what i am talking about. Let me get out of here before i drift to a differnet level of understanding.

see you dudes