Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Leader of Somaliland’s Upper House “Slammed” The Phone Down On President Rayale

Somaliland’s political landscape is changing faster than anticipated. The speed of events over the past few days has inevitably created an atmosphere of uncertainty and apprehension generated by the unprecedented closure of the two Houses of Parliament by the police.

President Rayale called last night the leader of the Upper House, Suleiman Mohamoud Aden, to personally apologize to him for the closure of his House by the police yesterday, and asked him to reopen it.

“Excuse me Mr. President! you have achieved your objective. You have unconstitutionally closed down both Houses of Parliament. We [members of the two Houses] are all in the same boat and I am not going to reopen this House,” said Mr. Aden angrily and slammed the phone down on the president, according to eye witness accounts.

The President did not however offer the same apologies to Abdurrahman Abdillahi, the leader of the Lower House where the debate on the impeachment trial against the president was about to begin yesterday when a lawmaker, Abdurrahman Mohammed Jama nicknamed “The Strongman” who “blindly” supports the president began to wield a gun against another lawmaker from the opposition party in punch-up over the impeachment trial.

In the ensuing melee, armed policemen, acting under the direct orders of president Rayale, immediately stormed the parliament and kicked Members of Parliament out of the building. The police put padlocks on the front doors of both Houses of parliament.

At least seven MPs were physically manhandled and kicked out of the parliament building following their refusal to leave the premises, witnesses confirm.

“I want to tell the people of Somaliland that your parliament has been taken over by the army,” the Speaker of the House, Abdurrahman Abdillahi told the BBC radio yesterday evening.

Today, the city of Hargeisa is crawling with armed police on the look out for angry people trying to protest against the closure of the two Houses of Parliament.

The time remaining for Rayale’s presidency is fast running out: his mandate will expire in October; it is unlikely he will have a term extension and an impeachment trial hangs over his head.

Abwaan   

Ilaahay hakala qaboojiyo xaaladdu waa sansaan colaadeede! War kan Riyaale horta isaga meesha maa iskaga tago...dadkaan masaakiintaa oo awalba wakhtiga mid kasta uga dhumiyey aqoonsi baan keeni oo hal jid u dhisin baa haddana diktatoornimo loogu daray...dad iyo xukun jacayl yaab badanaa!

GAAROODI   

WALAHI WE GOT THREE GUYS TO CHOOSE FROM:

1, dahir riyale a man at helm of the nation for over 6-7 years now with experiance in running a country, built the most powerful army somaliland has had since the somaliland camel corp regiment under the british, expanded somalilands democracy, recaptured las canod, under his leadership somaliland has seen the fastest economic growth in 60 years.

2, Silanyo Somalias former finance minister, was chairmen of the snm under its biggest defeats and loss. SNM nearly destroyed itself under his leadership. founder of the kulmiye party a party that is lead and supported by the leaders of the inter somaliland civil war of the 90's who still have ambitions of getting even.

3. Faisal ali warabe a patriotic religious man, who was the chief architect of mugdisho, built some of Somalia's most famous monuments including baidoba aiport, doesnt have any political experiance other then patriotism and good oracle skills and a connection with the people. Flip flops a lot.

from these three men i would choose Riyale...Somaliland aint no joke and we need strong leadership he will never bend.

Poker   

Garoodi,

We need a ragime change period. Until last week, Rayaale was my pick but my views have changed lately!.

from a strategic point all somalis who want the crumble of this self declared country should support by any means silanyoo.

You will not need a war between awdal, sanaag and sool against the triangle but a fully fledge nostalgy of 1994 war.

Maybe you do not know but there is people in kulmiye who have reject all blessing from sheikh, sharif and elders for just killing innocent people because they were from the same familly but of different mother

if having dji as my username is not enough to show i am from djibouti.

Then i don't know what will do the trick.

maybe writing my response if french will do it?

Originally posted by GAAROODI:

WALAHI WE GOT THREE GUYS TO CHOOSE FROM:

1, dahir riyale a man at helm of the nation for over 6-7 years now with experiance in running a country, built the most powerful army somaliland has had since the somaliland camel corp regiment under the british, expanded somalilands democracy, recaptured las canod, under his leadership somaliland has seen the fastest economic growth in 60 years.

2, Silanyo Somalias former finance minister, was chairmen of the snm under its biggest defeats and loss. SNM nearly destroyed itself under his leadership. founder of the kulmiye party a party that is lead and supported by the leaders of the inter somaliland civil war of the 90's who still have ambitions of getting even.

3. Faisal ali warabe a patriotic religious man, who was the chief architect of mugdisho, built some of Somalia's most famous monuments including baidoba aiport, doesnt have any political experiance other then patriotism and good oracle skills and a connection with the people. Flip flops a lot.

from these three men i would choose Riyale...Somaliland aint no joke and we need strong leadership he will never bend.

i see your a big udub fan

The udub guys where part of the somaliland civil war 2 Abdi waraabe cawil ciiro daahir riyaale selebaan gaal etc so , thats not a good reason sxb

^^ I'll like to see Faisal take it all. Silaanyo and his whole camp are just reduced to just crying and provoking things. I think everyone wants to see Udub to sit down, but Silaanyo and his camp are making a lot of unnecessary & wrong political moves. You have to be patient with these Udub guys. Plus..I hear that Cawil is the true culprit behind the Riyaale admin. Sad to say that his my uncle.