Sign in to follow this  
Sky

waxbarashada metroboolka buurtinle

Paragon   

Good indeed. I am reminded of my primary school years :D . White shirt and Blue trouser as uniform. Fun days they were smile.gif .

Sky   

aight duke n libaax, here it goes=

jubba street, boosaaso

8915508_301d637cd5.jpg

8915506_3dc18180da.jpg

8915507_f4232efd50.jpg

dalsan bank headquarters

guri soomaali built in 20s

its a shame this house and the rest of the xaafad will be knocked down. the xaafad is close to the city centre and its already a matter of time when all these houses will get knocked down, new houses will be built and the poor local population uprooted to the outskirts of the city.

the family that lives here now are going to move to gaalkacyo, so theres already a signal that this piece of history will be history.

9187159_777764a7db.jpg

9187161_3e52557d9e.jpg

8915509_cac7889a76.jpg

8915511_6ac0115304.jpg

can u believe these lil dudes are my uncles :D

Sky   

gaalkacyo international airport in action!

by the way bandar qaasim international airport construction in boosaaso is going like crazy, this shit is serious, its being build by a foreign company cuz the construction is so damn advanced. its expected to be finished in 1 year and it will be bigger n more modern than ambouli airport of djibouti.

8978273_a6b5376c1d.jpg

8978274_16969f3f24.jpg

kambiyuutero loo diray iskuulka sare ee buurtinleh

in total waxaa la diray 34 pcs, the bulk is still kept in garoowe and this part in buurtinle

9187162_42ba7b4192.jpg

9187163_398af84ad6.jpg

these guys will be looking out for the pcs, war meeshii soomaaliyaala yiraahdaa. layskuma halaynkaro saaxib! :D you better watch out for something you dont see coming, namsayin?

tayooto laankruusar fiiy eeks

we wanted to cash into the big car rental business in garoowe. theres so much demand walaahi, development workers (except the big orgs, they have their own white vehicles), puntland parliament, visitors etcetera. the tariff is $100 per week, return clean n scratchless and full gas.ppl only wanna be seen with toyota landcruiser or nissan patrol, walee waala kibreey. :D an uncle of mine even has a fleet of 13 toyota landcruisers VX/Surf that he rents to the pmac puntland mine action hebel.

8978270_851f100ba5.jpg

8978266_8d4fe09d4b.jpg

check out the flame paint, in boosaaso youll feel like a lil kid in a toystore, choosing what color you want and all.

Emperor   

WaaaaaW Sxb waa la iga tagay. I need not to waste more time in the west, better run back home and get my GOOF before it's too late.

Breath taking pictures. Thanks Sky

BN   
Sky, Nice photos. Thanks for posting them. And good move changing the title...you were asking for trouble with that tuulo business. :D

NASSIR   

Excellent pictures.

I have a question why would the old houses be demolished. What if residents refuse to give up their houses even if they were offered the highest bid to sale them to Businessmen or the government.

In Boosaso, i heard a story, where a now deceased man was deracinated of his houses. He owned big residential block, originally inherited from the last regime as national property safeguard. The Puntland local government of Boosaso told the man to give up his property by force and that he didn't rightfully deserve any compensation for it.

Why is this government forcing people to relinquish their property.

Sky   

caamirow, its not the gov thats forcing ppl to relinquish their property. the gov only evicts ppl out of their property, when those properties are build si sharci daro ah. cities need space and shouldnt be packed with buildings, thats why a lot of properties that are build on land they were not supposed to build are being knocked down. in boosaaso and garoowe where they have been doing that for years, youll see that those cities have more space while gaalkacyo just doesnt make any sense as a city. damn town doesnt even have one spot thats empty for the sake of it.

its the developers/real estate businessmen that force these ppl to move by offering a deal they cant refuse. land is valuable within the city limits. so this is no surprise. it happens everywhere in the world.