Sign in to follow this  
Endeavour

Which Islamic website do you recommend?

I am looking for a wonderful Islamic website( or websites). I am sure there are plenty, but is there any you can suggest to me? I just want to download lectures preferably in English nevertheless I need to brush-up on my Somali. Even Somali will do. But how reliable are these sites? I am just a tad paranoid thats's all.

Your help is needed.

Thanks in advance! smile.gif

ElPunto   

^I hope you mis-spoke - calling for killing of Jews is unislamic and not calling for their killing is not moderate - it is simply conforming with Islamic teachings:)

Viking   

There are some lectures on this site.

http://www.muslimaccess.com/audio/index.asp

Some of the sites out there are a bit dodgy and with a keen eye you can tell. There was a very popular militant website, www.jihadunspun.com Turns our it was run by the CIA (the word spread and they have changed it to www.jusonenews.com and their slogan reminds one of FOX News). There are also those which have innocent looking names like www.thequran.com or www.islameyat.com and when you open them you realise that it is actually promoting Christianity.

Honesita   

Salaamu Aleeykum

I can reccommend some English lectures and refer you to a somali one i saw before.

English.

www.audioislam.com

www.uponsunnah.com

www.aswatalislam.net

www.islamway.com both arabic and english.

Somali.

www.maktabada.com

I'll say those are quite reliable according to my humble knowledge and insha Allah they'll benefit you. My favorite speaker is Abu Ammar Yasir Qadhi. I can guarentee you anything by him is good insha Allah. Wallahu A'lam. I also listen to Muhammad Alshareef, Yaser Birjaz, Abdulbarry Yahya, DAUD ADEEB, Yahya Ibrahim. And if you know Arabic, Sh. Albani rahimahu Allah has mannnnny lectures online. That's what I usually listen to.

Fii Amaani'Laah

He is quite moderate in my opinion, not a nutcase calling for the deaths of all the jews and blah blah blah......

wallahi cajiib

allah yahdik wax kale kuma dhihi karee

He is quite moderate in my opinion, not a nutcase calling for the deaths of all the jews and blah blah blah......

wallahi cajiib

allah yahdik wax kale kuma dhihi karee

Baluug   

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^I hope you mis-spoke - calling for killing of Jews is unislamic and not calling for their killing is not moderate - it is simply conforming with Islamic teachings:)

For lack of a better word, I used "moderate", that's all. I don't intend to label people with such terms, but that's the only word I could think of at the time. And while you say that calling for the killing of jews is un-Islamic, which is true, there are still Imams and sheiks who say such things, if media reports are to be believed. And brother Siciid, who is a wonderful Imam masha Allah, is not one of them, and that's why I mentioned it. After all, our sister(I think?) Endeavour said she was kinda paranoid.

Thanks ! may allah reward you all ! I am currently busy but I will make sure I make the time to check all the sites recommended.

I am so excited , honesita mentioned couple of my favourite speakers Yahya Ibrahim I had the opportunity to attend one of his lectures. Man the canadian accent sounds just like the american. But you have to hear the kiwi accent its just sensational smile.gif