Sign in to follow this  
Alle-ubaahne

Unity of All Somali Tribes Against Ethiopia!

NGONGE   

MMA, first of all one needs to understand if you’re complaining about this in your capacity as a moderator or poster. If a moderator then none of this is open for discussion and I expect you to ignore my following words.

However, if it is open for discussion and you are voicing your distaste as an ordinary member of this forum then I would love to hear the reasons behind your tantrum.

A flag is nothing but a piece of cloth that is given significance by those using it. As you are well aware, in the past, flags were used for many different reasons. They were used as forms of identification for certain groups (pirates, etc). They were used in battle to inform the troops that their side is still standing (or even winning), when the flag fell and nobody picked it up then those at the back would know that their side have lost the battle! Ships used flags so that approaching ships in the vast empty oceans would recognise them and know what country they represented, etc.

Nowadays, however, the main usage of flags is to identify nations (that’s if we ignore all the little flags that football clubs, Organisations and even businesses have). Many nations view the flag as that which represents everything that is GOOD about the state. They use it as something that shows and clearly displays their sense of patriotism. Many would incorporate a national symbol in that flag to show the uniqueness of that nation (Lebanon’s cedar tree, Saudi Arabia’s sword, etc). A people that are united, organized and peaceful would treat the flag as the ultimate demonstration of that unity. A nation that has been invaded would regard the flag as the last part that has not been conquered and would use it as the driving force behind regaining control of occupied lands. A country that is at the summit of world power would treat its flag as being the greatest expression of such power.

In Somalia’s case, that picture that you dispute, in today’s conditions at least, would represent the correct expression of the Somali state of affairs. The flag has been chewed and spat out by various Somalis (and former Somalis, as is the case with qudac above) that it’s actually refreshing to see someone expressing this harsh truth with no shame or embarrassment. For when the actual people, country and land are being savaged, pillared and humiliated what is the point of a pipe dream like a flag.

A flag is nothing but a statues symbol. Like a rich man that buys the latest Ferrari or marries the prettiest girl that also happens to be twenty years his junior, or installing a swimming pool in his house! A flag is the last thing the Somalis of today need to worry about. Just as the saying about the drowning man not worrying about wetting his nice clothes goes, so should today’s Somali never worry about a shabby flag! For if a flag is a total representation of a nation coined in a piece of cloth then it really stands to reason that this flag should only be displayed as a bit of vomit. Because, truly, one can’t help feeling sick and nauseous about today’s Somalia. Maybe we should discard the fake patriotism and show our dissatisfaction with today’s Somalia by all borrowing that image from qudac.

me   

Dear Ngonge,

In a reality as harsh as today's Somalia the flag is one of the few symbols of hope. It towers above the savageries that we have put each other though. It stands for ideals that still need to be implemented. It stands for unity that is illusive today. It stands for the peaceful co-existence of the Somali nation. It is a pipe dream to you, to me its a symbol of the Somalia that could be. It reminds me everyday for what we should aim for. I do not have to explain to you what our flag stands for or its symbolism. The flag is an idea, its an expression of that idea on a piece of cloth. My question is don´t you think that insulting the ´cloth´ also the insults the idea of us living together, working together and building your Somalia and our Somalia. A Somalia in which we are all free, a Somalia that would tolerate a person like Qudhac even if he insulted our flag, a Somalia that would tolerate you wearing your pink tank top and holding your boyfriends hand. A Somalia that is just and respects each one of us no matter what qabiil or region we hail from. A Somalia that does not tolerate the subjugation of its brothers and sisters in Ethiopia or Kenya. A Somalia that wants to contribute to this world and advance humanity.

Qudhac´s insulting of our flag would in any other day be laughed at, but today it is no laughing matter. We don´t have much left our statehood. We have burned our country, we have made our people refugees, we have killed each other and put each other through unspeakable atrocities. All we have left is optimism, all we have left is ideas, we have little hope in an almost hopeless situation. Many brothers and sisters have given up on Somalia.

NGONGE I was warned about you and that you are one strange character. I know you enjoy playing the devils advocate, but have you not noticed that today you are standing at Goliaths side. David is Somalia and Somalinimo. If you enjoy supporting the underdog then switch sides, if you enjoy kicking them while they are down my question to you is why bother.

Our flag is our ideal on a piece of cloth, insulting the piece of cloth is insulting the ideal.

NGONGE   

Heh. I love the way that one minute you support the Courts and the next you’re talking about a Somalia that would tolerate me and my pink (what a ghastly colour) wearing boyfriend! The numbers don’t add up, saaxib. :D

What you’ve just given me, with respect of course, is nothing but a load of sentimental balderdash. Wake yourself up from this awful nightmare that you’re mistaking for a dream. Burn a flag or two like your beloved Courts did. You see, those boys got the right idea. It’s work that matters, it’s proper ideas and dreams that matter. It’s action that matters. A redundant piece of cloth makes no difference to anything or anyone. Your emotional outburst here is either convincingly bogus or extremely delusional.

Ps

You were warned about me? Don’t listen to the rumourmongers, saaxib. Next they’ll tell you I’m pretty opinionated and argumentative. Little old me! :D

me   

Your emotional outburst here is either convincingly bogus or extremely delusional.

:D That is the best thing I ever heard from you.

NGONGE your slipping man, your slipping. In the other tread I saw you gaining morals and now we are discussing how we can make things better. Wow your full of suprises.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

11258198254502873d7199a.jpg

Qurac, remove or change this avatar, baliis. You have no right to insult our beautiful flag like this. Absolutely not.

As far as I know this is no different than what most people say here,if it bothers you,you have to live with it,you cannot try to restrict someone by expressing their views,because Qudhac already says what he believes,this one is just displayed in image,what is the difference?

As for teh topic,Alleh Ubaahne,trying to gain support based on Qabiil affliation isn't going to fly,come up with something like the Quran,we have something in common with that.

Me, ooh please qanaayad Hindida naga daa,it was just this week when you were saying that Barre has had the full right to bombard both Hargeysa and Burco,he is the one that created all that mess,you supported him and here now you are pretending to be peaceful angel,ooo how sweet of you. icon_razz.gif

MMA,I have accusation against you as well,when someone like Mr.me says that Burco and Hargeysa earned to be bombarded,doesnt' that offend anyone,since a piece of cloth whatever it stands for is subjected to being an insult,you really have to cover the whole field or simply let us play it out.

Mr.me more tahn anyone here is a cry baby,he is as Somali say(hasha geela qaniinta,kabacdina cabada)why can't you folks handle it like it's,and yes definately if you have something that would make your day in insulting that particular group,please do so taht is if you have more than what we have heard before.

This is not explicit image,therefore the SOl rules shall not apply in this situation,you may bring your own rule mister MMA,but you are wrong to tell someon that their posts will be deleted based on this.

Once again, as Qudhac said,calanka cidna kama xigtid,Hargeysay ahayd halkii magac loogu yeelay,may ahayn Baydhabo iyo Xamartoona,markaa qanaayad hintida naga daaya,hadii kaloo aad Qudhac tirtirto posts giisa calanka awgii,deedna maxaa meeshan laga qabanayaa,cay iyo walba ha la iksu yidhaahdo,that will give you something to do then.

So please,balo aan joogin ha raadsan MMA.

oooh I am insulted by this mr. me says,loool.what a kiddo,go suck the lollypop,this place may not be suitable to you then unless offcourse you have written permission from momy and dady to be chating with grownups.Waar mee oodwayne kan yar diapers ha kabadalee,diaper rash ayaa kudhacay. :D

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Mr.Red Sea:

Once again, as Qudhac said,calanka cidna kama xigtid,Hargeysay ahayd halkii magac loogu yeelay,may ahayn Baydhabo iyo Xamartoona,markaa qanaayad hintida naga daaya,hadii kaloo aad Qudhac tirtirto posts giisa calanka awgii,deedna maxaa meeshan laga qabanayaa,cay iyo walba ha la iksu yidhaahdo,that will give you something to do then.

Yaa kan yare MMA ku yidhi sidaasaa wax loo maamulaa. remove it or else ku te...waar ma of waynaa meesha jooga. Yaa ku yidhaa kan yar calnka cidna kama xigtide sheeka kale keen.

what is the difference?

Because shid needs to get flushed down everytime it comes up. Qudhac and his prose are merdi. But we understand where you're coming from. Defending your fellow clansman.

MMA,I have accusation against you as well,when someone like Mr.me says that Burco and Hargeysa earned to be bombarded,doesnt' that offend anyone,

Not any more than I'm offended by Ahmedenijad denying or down playing the extent of the Holocaust. What allegedly took place Burco and Hergeysa didn't affect me personally. For that reason it doesn't bother me when some attempts to whitewash it for own agenda. Contrast with Barre regime, where he confiscated property from MY close family members and exiled others... my take on his regime is, unsurprisingly, unfavourable. All opinions on these matters, regarding what we think of events and potentates, are so colored by personal experiences that we must, as rule of thumb, take them grain of salt.

RedSea   

^MMA, wuxuu yidhi SOL, soomali baa iskale maxay tay waa layaabe,oo anagu ma alien baanu nahay then,waar ninyow,calan madow oo Laa Ilaaha Ilaah baan lasoo baxayaa maanta,ka blue ga ahna cidi igama xigto,ka Somaliland isna cidi igama xigto,markaa yaanu dadku isku ridin surucyo oo aanay dadka uu caga juglayn sida ay waalidkeen meesha lacag kabixiyo,waamaxay wuxu.

SB,okay,first of all,I don't think you and I ever encountered,we passed by each other,so let me give you little dose of just what you are looking for.

First of all,I agree with Ahmednajad,there was no such thing as holocaust,if I say that,then I will offend Jews,who the heck gives a damn about the Jews,I am a Muslim,they kill Muslims everyday.Needless to repeat that,but offendign the Somali flag which Hargeysa was the city which it first came up on a poll,meanign that I have equal right to the flag as you,therefore,I can choose to burn,or urinate on it if I have to,and you may suggest for one to not do that,but you cannot take it to a level of restricting someone by doing so.

The flag is mine as well,so beat it buddy.

As far as Siyad barre,my friend,you are very confused thus you don't know what you are talking about.Aren't you the one that was saying in the other thread,that killings of Thousands of civilians,meaning the total civilian death of Somalia wasn't a genocide,but simply as you put it'mass killing',that is a bs if you ask me.

Whether qudhac is my clanmen or not,I feel its' not right to pretend as though you are the one who can have a say here,this is cyber world my friend everyone has the right to express themselves as long as it doesn't violate the rules of SOl,which in this case it doesn't.What MMA is telling us is that it bothers him,or if it bothers you so who cares,what I care is that does this violate the rules of SOl,is it an explicit image,in my view it doesn't fit in any of those catgories,therefore who gave you the write to limit or restrict someone from expressing their view on the cyber space,if people here have personal issues with everything,then they need to do themselves a little favor,by simply not coming here,they wont' be missed at all,if you do that as well SB,I can assure you that you won't be missed since you meant nothing in my view,you getting what i am saying,so just chil awoow.

Khalaf   

First of all,I agree with Ahmednajad,there was no such thing as holocaust,if I say that,then I will offend Jews,who the heck gives a damn about the Jews,
I am a Muslim
,they kill Muslims everyday.Needless to repeat that,but offendign the Somali flag which Hargeysa was the city which it first came up on a poll,meanign that I have equal right to the flag as you,therefore,I can choose to burn,or urinate on it if I have to,and you may suggest for one to not do that,but you cannot take it to a level of restricting someone by doing so.

1. Key is I am a Muslim. That means a Muslim stands for justice......"let not the hatered for others avoid u of being just, that is nearest to taqwa"....the jews were presecuted/killed....put in ovens, women and children.....that is haram and we muslims dont support hatered or presecution against jews........I dont believe in eye for an eye......if they kill muslims it is not haqq to deny them justice because of association.....just as clan X kills my kin it is not haaq to kill or harm someone who is innocent but is of clan X.

2. Quduc's avator is offensive to us and u shouldnt support him sxb. SL flag is not somali flag is it? Marka if u are for SL that means u reject Somalia. MMA or me can insult somalia (that is his flag) but when others do it, it is an act of provocation on their part c the difference?

RedSea   

Che,I am a somali arent' I,simple question isn't it?

Khalaf,I stand corrected about the Jews,do you have any proof other than the documents that have given you telling you that they were killed.If anyone deserved to be talked about it would be Russia which lost more than 30 million in that war.So once again,I don't care if all Jews went to Hell fire today,it's one less thing for Muslims to worry about,no one talks about them killing Palestinians kids right now as we speak,so why do you ever have to stress their sufferings mr.Khalaf?

As far as being Muslim,this is a peice of cloth once again,if I insulted or not,it's not going to be held against me in the hereafter,because it's simple cloth,the ideal it stands for is Somaliwayne and Somaliwayne isn't like noble or holy beleive,if it were,then it would be totally different story.

SL is a somali flag,if not what else is it,or do you believe whatever somalis other than those living in SL come up is where we should all lean towards or follow,that is very shallow,think deeper walaal,we are Somalis for you info inadeer meanign you have the full right to consider your flag as SL flag as well as I have the full right to once again urinate on the blue flag,whether I have the blue flag or not,just like the Djabuti flag is a Somali flag,do you see where i am coming from?

Another point,since when has the blue flag become text of the holy Quran,if you guys really believe the Somali flag and whatever you utter,you oughta show that in your daily basis,since some of you even justify the mass killings of inncoent civilians in Hargeysa and Burco.

originaly posted by Socod_badane

regarding what we think of events and potentates, are so colored by personal experiences that we must, as rule of thumb, take them grain of salt.

Well said. experience ... as rule of thumb take into account.

RedSea   

^well said,could you read closely before you agree with him,what he is trying to say is that, he believes there was never a genocide that occured in Somalia?

it's not well said,waa dhuuso waxaasi ninyow.