Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Yeey's Tigrays vs Sharif's AMISOM

N.O.R.F   

^Leave Kash alone saxib. He can't hurt a fly :D

He ostracises the TFG govnt for being foreign owned. He calls them murtad because they receive support from the various foreign entities whilst he sits in the good ole US of A who welcomed him, sheltered him, gave him citizenship etc. The same USA who is funding the Govnt.

What does this make him saxibow?

Kashaafa, I have no time for WWE talk. Hope Che can elaborate on his assertions

Torres-On Sunday and Saturday, the AMISOM took part in combat fighting along with government forces, a clear violation of their mandate and that of the security council. Tell me just what installations and personnel were they protecting in places Cabdicasiis and Kaaraan? When the actions of AMISOM forces were exposed to this prompted them to deny or appropriately lie and rather badly I might add.

And now today the Ugandan army requested a change in AMISOM mandate so they could directly take part in combat situations. Now how's any different from that of the Tigrays who unloaded their big guns onto streets of Xamar.IGAD is also campaigning for AMISOM to engage in combat.

And IGAD itself wants to get into action as well. All are waiting a green light Security Council and Donor nations so they could rampage Somalia.

N.O.R.F   

I wanted you to tell me how they went 'beyond' self defence and violated their mandate not that they simply took part in combat. One of the links you posted has a quote by AMISOM.

What has happened is that AMISOM pre-empted and tried to do what it should to ensure that the safety of troops and the safety of supply routes are guaranteed," Ba-Huko said.

How did they go 'beyond' the above? How did they violate their mandate?

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Anigu waan kuu sheegay not you, him and them baa xal soo wada ........ unless you stop accusations and sit together for the good of the country, people and humanity.

lol...there are other things that you left...like jagooyinkaa rabtaan waa la idin siin...JB waxaan oo dhan waa marmarsiiyo...I wonder Che liiska uu soo qoray wuxuu base uga dhigayo!

Torres....Firstly, AMISOM or any peace-keeping force shouldn't be proactive force, so preemption violates the basic rules.As to how they violated their mandate, AMISOM proactively joined the Somali forces in pursuit of Al-Shabaab. They ventured beyond their areas of operations which is restricted to government installations like the Presidential Palace, the Ports, and the road linking the ports to the president's residence.

Al-Shabaab vacated large swathes of the city, and this was largely due to the AMISOM involvement and their use of heavy armory at the fronts.The retreat by Al-Shabaab was cuz the government forces were able to push them back, it was the simple that fact AMISOM directly joined and surprised Al-Shabaab.

^^You are talking about mandates now che? that i find interesting. from a man who supports alshabaab to talk about peace keeping technicalities and mandates, while shirking to address the basic atom of somali conflict: why a conflict in the first place, if other means can be found to revive somali republic?

Why ya che? what does it take to say that chief reason these amisom troops are here is because we somalis resolved to kill each other so others deemed strategically prudent to interfere.

and in this case, the nutcases that is alshabaab have dramatized the somali conflict, and somalis and the world at large took notice. discussing about mere technicalities in who ventured out of base and who fought bravely is missing the point.

Che, I thought you were against their presence all together, why worry what protocol they have broken now? Has something changed on your part? Do want them stay now,but limit their roles?

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

Che, I thought you were against their presence all together, why worry what protocol they have broken now? Has something changed on your part? Do want them stay now,but limit their roles?

Che,take that one up will ye?

Gheel.T.Their involvement in the war removes any legal or moral obstacle (not that would have mattered to Al-Shabaab) to them being attacked openly and without any constraints. Any attack against is now justifiable!

Che, did you not want them to be fought, to begin with? Why fighting them now is justifiable? Something tells me that you are changing your tune a bid. To the right path of course!! Waad soo jilceysaa mar dhow TFG TFG adoo leh baan rabaa inaan maqalno :D

^Nah, my friend-I was just debunking the arguments being used by our friends saying AMISOM is no Habashi and will have no part in this war.

By the way, someone posted this in another thread-forward the video to minute 2.09 and listen the bit about Ugandan soldiers and how Sharif felt about them back in 08.

Perhaps Dear Xiin can explain Sharif's double-talking.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Torres....Firstly, AMISOM or any peace-keeping force shouldn't be proactive force, so preemption violates the basic rules.As to how they violated their mandate, AMISOM proactively joined the Somali forces in pursuit of Al-Shabaab. They ventured beyond their areas of operations which is restricted to government installations like the Presidential Palace, the Ports, and the road linking the ports to the president's residence.

Al-Shabaab vacated large swathes of the city, and this was largely due to the AMISOM involvement and their use of heavy armory at the fronts.The retreat by Al-Shabaab was cuz the government forces were able to push them back, it was the simple that fact AMISOM directly joined and surprised Al-Shabaab.

You're just regurgitating your earlier posts now. By stating preemption is a violation of their mandate then going on to say the same mandate allows them to secure the government installations and strategic roads you're contradicting yourself in one instance and unintentionally agreeing with Mr Ba-Huko in another. Maybe you know better than them which roads they need and which ones they don't. What you're saying is that AMISOM should have pushed them back 2 blocks instead of the 10 smile.gif

Does acknowledgment of their mandate mean you accept their presence?

What AS' mandate?

^There are no government installations in places where the fighting was going-perhaps Nuune could show us again the map where government troops "push back" Al-Shabaab..Just tell me what government installations are in Kaaraan?

AMISOM went to fight along government troops which is very clear violation. This wasn't self defense or protecting government institutions-somethi ng you want to overlook.

Anyway here's the latest development

The African Union forces will take part in the fight directly to the government side,
which has been under heavy pressure from the armed opposition, while Egypt announced it is now a comprehensive initiative to end the crisis in Somalia.

Jowhar

Now don't tell this is not violation.

And your bit about acknowledging their presence, it would be silly to say they are not, but question are they here legaly and don't they even serve or follow the very purpose they are sent here to accomplish. The answer is NO.

So, I guess you support their presence in Xamar?

Why and how are they different from Habashis, and keep in mind, Sharif himself equated them with Habashis in the past?

N.O.R.F   

You're just repeating yourself. It's still a case of 'they should have only pushed them back 2 blocks instead of 10' rather than a question on violation of their mandate. Prove it. Who knows, I might agree.

The link you referred to is neither here nor there. However, what might happen in the future doesn't mean last week's action was a violation.

How are they different to the Xabashis? Are we not talking about a clear mandate and possible violations thereof? Did the xabashis have a mandate? Are AMISOM actively pursuing anyone? Quite simple really.

^^che is acting meek these days. gone are the boldness he once had. he is arguing on the margins of the conflict. just like Me before him he either does not know or too timid to admit how dead-end it is to support alshabaab