Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

Hargeysa Airport on the brink for closure

Originally posted by Gediid:

One word saaxiib
GROSS MISMANAGEMENT OF THE NATIONAL EXCHEQUER ,
even that a diehard sessionist like Oodweyne will dare refute.

Gross Mismanagement Indeed....Look around, Barre's boys are still around. Old habits die hard!

Lixle   

Sumaria,

Whose being the "one eyed" here? And that "one eye" is apparently fixed on one and only one thing, which is "Somaliland".

"MISMANAGEMENT" you said, but really tell me where in Africa, let alone Somalis, that it isn't the case daily?? When it comes to Somaliland, PRESTO, mismanangement/misappropriation takes a wholy different meaning and is taken completely out of the context.

Like the guys in here, who on daily basis, goes to the computer before even having breakfast or a cup of Qaxwe, loggs on to google.com and searches for "Somaliland" before anything else. Keeping fingers crossed and wishing for a bad news to come up, if anything that is not in the favoure of Somaliland shows up, presto, rushes to this site and guess what?? We have the kinds of Sumaria Warior, HornAfrik and others.

If Allah grants one the power of wishing the death of another, because of passionate hate, then I guess you guys would have been the first. Allah forbid, I wouldn't.

When are you guys gonna stop this obsession with anything "Somaliland". Tell me, the most talked about topic on this site is not the MBagathi conference or how to stop the blood shed in Southern Somalia, but it is the peaceful Somaliland and how to wish to destroy it.

"Al-xaasid, maaya Aflax"

And lastly, just a reminder, ROME wasn't built in a day. Same goes with Somaliland. If you are turning a blind eye on the realities on the ground, then I say tough luck to dwell in your fantisy worlds.

African   

Quoted by
Libaax-Sankataabte,

Mr Oodweyne, Horn Afrique, Samurai and Bari Nomad always post news articles and analysis as they are reported by the media. These articles about corruption in the goverment, military campaigns, etc, actually encourage real political debate while at the same time informing the nomads about the issues back home. I actually find these articles to be very refreshing and entertaining at times.

The point that Rahima was making (correct me if I’m wrong) is that these nomads post positive articles about their region & negative articles about other regions.

I have never seen a negative article posted by someone from the same region. Now this would have showed that this person want to encourage debate & get ideas from other fellow nomads as to how to improve the situation.

However we see these characters posting negative articles about other regions and like children saying “naanananaah” and expressing happiness about the downfall of their brethren, how sad indeed. Is this a political debate? One that I wish to refrain myself from, since all I read about here is hate and animosity.

Lets take the politics in the west: Are people who come from the same city/region as Tony Blair less critical of his policies as others??? They are equally if not more critical to his policies then people from other regions. While we have nomads here supporting warlords when they should be condemning them because they belong to the same qabiil as the warlord and praise him.

So the nomads here can sugar coat their reasons behind posting the negativities about other regions, but its very clear from their postings what their intentions are, which is to laugh at the misery of thier OWN people living in another region.

I leave you with this quote: "Few men have the natural strength to honour a friend's success without envy." Aeschylus

Adios

PS: I must have taken the same pill as some of the Politics Forum members take, by writing long analyzes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rahima   

African,

God bless you sister, that is exactly what i meant.

This is the hypocrisy i was speaking of, i too have yet to see any of these people posting anything negative about their own region yet they jump at the chance to post negatives about others.

This is basically (for these types of people) a new way of expressing their tribalism wether or not they wish to admit it.

Grinov   

to those that are accusing summaria for posting this thread, how do you know his intenions or that he is posting because he hates the somaliland people?

its very dangerous to accuse people of hatred because of merely posting a fact about a region.

where did the adage "naxnu naxkumu bi thawaahir , walaahu yatawala bi sa raa ir" go?

i would appreciate anyone presenting similar incident in puntland as well. lets discuss things , while for a minute setting aside tribal shades.

as bari said, the salaries of ina riyaale of $600,000 as claimed by a somalilander CPA, is more than sufficient to re carpet the whole runway and buy new computers and equipment for the airport.

exposing corrupt systems in puntland and somaliland and somalia is a very positive thing, because its the beggining of "accountability".

america faced the same dillema back in thirties and forties, and those that exposed corporate and governmental corruptions were celebrated and called "mud rackers".

adios maryooleey

Haaruun   

WOW..how sad; Just like a dynamite waiting 2b lit...Somaliland is mentioned and there they go Kaboooom!! I couldn't agree more with Mujaahid and African...

Just remember that inuu xaasid meelna gaarin.

Ladies, it is a tough game we, blokes, play in the politics forum. Does not mean odium and abhorrence is felt for one another though you seem convinced otherwise. It is a simple training ground that has been there for the male species since the beginning – a sinister tough affection if you will. If you wish to partake, find where knots meet the tandem on the fibre. Leave the emotions aside. Come prepared with facts and opinions, right or otherwise to share and/or refute, and vice versa. Surely, an attempt to squash one’s ego, and not massaged will be made for such are the rule of the game.

Now, I do not know whether you (Africa & Rahma) are suffering form relapses of selective memory, or if you are being beguiled by own intolerance, but your agreed, unanimous I may add, settlement that no single person here posts anything negative about his/her regions while nothing positive about other regions leaves much to be desired.

Let us start with Puntland re: not so pleasant articles I was able to fetch in the following –

Political squabbling in Puntland

Unfair business practices in Puntland

As for good news and issues of concern about Somaliland, I was able to find in the following -

Commendable activities of the mayor of Burco

Warning of rogue personalities to represent Somaliland

Please tell me why you failed to note these news articles?

How many more posted by other could there be, many. A case of the blind wanting to bear the torch for the seeing, eh! Clapping for one another therefore, without much digestion of what is being said is not only a symbol of short-sightedness on your part but a not so good approach of which one ought to stay well clear.

You see, when one brings in young emotions in lieu of well thought rationale hinging upon clear thinking in the political discourse requiring seasoned, mature processing along with 3 layer-deep, thick hide to absorb divergence in opinion, dialogue loses any significance it might have had sustained, thus others are left with bitter taste in the mouth and a feeling of remorse of ever associating with such individuals.

So long as there are people dancing to the tunes of Ina Waraabe (spreading animosity) vicariously, and Ms Edna (spreading fallacious) unequivocally for the benefit of a minority group (less than 1/3 of Somalis) at the expense of the majority (more than 2/3 of Somalia) without much consideration of their ulterior motives, or checking facts before committing oneself, genteel applications of language and courteous practices shall remain suspended.

Best of luck,

Cheers.

BN   

Originally posted by Rahima:

The way I see it, there are only two respectable views to this argument, either you support the unification of the land of the Somalis for you want the one land for our people, or you support the independence of your own region and respect others who want the same for their regions.

What’s the difference I ask you?

You seem utterly confused. PL does not want independence from Somalia like SL. Thats why it's called PL State of Somalia...

Is it just me or are these people contradicting themselves. They go on and on about how Somaliland is this and that yet they turn around and bombard us with how great Puntland is.

:rolleyes: First, that is not a contradiction. Please look up the meaning in a dictionary.

So what if they want independence, don’t you feel ashamed of yourself that you are begging people who don’t want to be part of you to stay with you? Where is your pride, leave them and let them be.

LOL. You seem to be all over the place and not making too much sense. Please calm down and try to put forth a rational argument.

Go and fix your own house instead of worrying about others.

Very cliche to say the least. By 'house' do you mean PL or Somalia? So I can't reply to a post about corruption and mismanagement of an administration in the NW?

Honestly, the only person in these forums who I feel has reputable outlooks (even if I may not agree with them all the time) is HornAfrique.

LOL. He posted the same article as Samurai, yet one is 'reputable'(in your view) and one is a 'hypocrit'. Yet they are the same posting. Perhaps you are suffering from 'latent qaabilism' you are so quick to accuse others of....

he doesn’t herald some other Land but rather seems to impartial when it comes to these secessionist states.

BTW, Look up 'Secessionist' as well.... ;)

Everybody has different views, opinions and perspectives of issues. Perhaps you should consider that before you go on another 'outburst'...

AYOUB   

Samurai how come we never saw you and the other Alltolka.com boy say a post or word about the judge who demanded Puntland's Police Chief be arrested for taking bribes? Why did I have to beg Alltolka.com boys who are so quick to jump on Somaliland to comment on the Puntland's Finance Minister accused and sacked by his Vice President of corruption and dodgy dealinigs? Both these men got away because your leader Abdillahi Yussuf the biggest crook of them all said so. Don't you think you have bigger FISH to fry in Bosaso's ports before you land at Egal Airport?

BTW its almost a year and your leaders are still in a foreingn country talking utter rubish while the hoteliers are demanding they pay their bills and Mughdisho Airport is still closed.

Bari Nomad, what planes land at Garowe International Airport? :D:D

BN   

Originally posted by African:

The point that Rahima was making (correct me if I’m wrong) is that these nomads post positive articles about their region & negative articles about other regions.

Business Thrives in Sea of Poverty Positive article about Mogadishu.

Kaalmo Orphanage Center in Borama city Awdal Achievement Award

Somalis' hearts call them home Somalis return to Hargeisa to rebuild.

HADRAAWI’S PEACE MARCH Peace march by NW Poet through South Somalia.

GSM improves in Somalia (Nationlink Telecom) Mogadishu/South Somalia.

Somali Success Story Somali MD-in-training.

Radio Education Helps Somalis Positve throughout Somalia.

More?

I have never seen a negative article posted by someone from the same region. Now this would have showed that this person want to encourage debate & get ideas from other fellow nomads as to how to improve the situation.

If you want negative news about PL...just say so...lol. Seriously, there have been some but perhaps too few. You raised a good point.

However we see these characters posting negative articles about other regions and like children saying “naanananaah” and expressing happiness about the downfall of their brethren, how sad indeed. Is this a political debate?

I wouldn't call averting the closure of an airport the 'downfall of their brethren' ;) I think discussing the mismanagement of such an important facility by a government warrants a debate, dont you think?

Lets take the politics in the west: Are people who come from the same city/region as Tony Blair less critical of his policies as others??? They are equally if not more critical to his policies then people from other regions.

True, good point. BUT, I think it's more comparable to football teams, in which there is a (usually) healthy competetive atmosphere between cities/regions.

While we have nomads here supporting warlords when they should be condemning them because they belong to the same qabiil as the warlord and praise him.

I dont know where warlords came into the discussion but somalis shouldnt be supporting any warlord or warcriminal because of clan affiliation. Weather they are modern day warlords or the ones that terrorized our people between 1969-1991.

BN   

Post the article and I'll try my best to post a reply.

BTW its almost a year and your leaders are still in a foreingn country talking utter rubish while the hoteliers are demanding they pay their bills and Mughdisho Airport is still closed.

Laught it up....I know how much you and the rest enjoy it.... :D

Bari Nomad, what planes land at Garowe International Airport?

LOL. So, I'm a liar now? Garowe already has a smaller airport. But I think GIA is still under construction. But I'll let you know as soon as it's complete--as I know you love to hear about a Somalia success story... ;)

BN   

Originally posted by Mujaahid:

From simple calculations...The monthly income from passengers alone, is as follows:

4000 * $40 ($30 for arrivals, $10 for departure) = $160,000/month

LOL. The discussion is not whether Hargeisa Airport has enough revenue, but where does money go? And why isn't it being reinvested into the airport?

By your calculations HA makes 160,000 X 12(months)= 1, 920, 000

Almost 2 Millions USD per year!!

Ooh Ayoub_S – you might want to talk to the girls as I think they are a little bit more pragmatic than you are. In case their pleas did not quite catch on, theirs was a call for a truce, and there you go again stirring the pot. Give it a rest, will you?

Surprisingly, even when an issue of genuine concern has been raised you come running with your gobs wide open with preconceived notions of prejudice without a moment’s thought. Then, when your pleas had been noted, you go back running to the mud house tossing spoonful of dirt. And when challenged you tuck tail and disappear into the woods for weeks as though scolded for wrongdoing. Astonishingly bewildering!

If there is anything you consider worthy of dialogue, please table it, and you shall be indulged.

Other than that Mind the Gap old boy!

African   

Samurai oooooooh Sumurai oh my my. I thought your intelligence surpassed having any male chauvinistic inclinations, but then why should that be of any surprise. You proved the notion that “Men are guilty until proven innocent” when it comes to male chauvinism. The moment you were challenged by women you resorted to accuse them of emotional outburst. Ouch ouch :eek: :eek:

Come prepared with facts and opinions, right or otherwise to share and/or refute, and vice versa.

You wanted facts, I took the trouble of clicking on the links that you gave as your contribution to the ‘good news’ articles about Somaliland that you posted before:

The first article, true the article itself was good news, however you yourself gave the rational behind why you posted such a good article, how ironic ‘adaa isku markhaati furay’; ooh, ooh redface.gifredface.gif

The underlining rationale for the headline is to stir the city’s sons and daughter (Oodweyne, Mystery, Angel-Dust and the likes)…..Burco, once the commercial hub for the whole of Somalia….its sons and daughters abandoned the city for the cosy lifestyle in Hargeysa, only to be resuscitated by the new mayor (5 month’s tenure) in 2003. A testimony, if you will that the pro-secessionist camp have not the faintest idea as to adverse, lasting repercussions of the object of their desire: the untenable jewel.

The second article:

Somaliland of today is so weak in its leadership that it lacks the stamina, experience, coalition, and endurance that Egal had in his hey days, and politically divided as regions outside Hargeysa cannot quite identify with the state machinery in Hargeysa….

If you call this “good news” then I would hate to read your “bad news” articles about other regions other than yours.

If you wish to partake, find where knots meet the tandem on the fibre.

So brother Samurai, your current account looks like its deep into the RED ZONE and you need to put some hard currency to avoid bankruptcy. The jury is out and I leave them to deliberate on the FACTS.

Bari_Nomad, I have much respect for you bro and from what I witnessed so far your postings good and bad news articles cover all regions of Somalia. Dido ;)

AYOUB   

Samurai the honourable girls/ladies have tried t reason with you without much success and I was trying to remind you and the rest of the Somaliland bashers that it would be wiser to look at Abdilahi Yusuf administration, a subject you all love kept undiscussed before jumping on Somaliland. It seems you would rather get personal than defend or explain Abdillahi Yusuf's actions and record on the subject of corruption and finacial dealings, when are you going to 'stir sons and daughters' of Puntland I wonder?? . How do you explain changing the headline fron 'averts closure' to 'brink FOR closure' I wonder? .

For the records, Somaliland's sons and daughters don't need encouraging to talk about the subject, just check the contributions we gave on the 'Budjet review' posted by comical Bari during the summer.

Surprisingly, even when an issue of genuine concern has been raised you come running with your gobs wide open with preconceived notions of prejudice without a moment’s thought. Then, when your pleas had been noted, you go back running to the mud house tossing spoonful of dirt. And when challenged you tuck tail and disappear into the woods for weeks as though scolded for wrongdoing. Astonishingly bewildering!

Mando, why don't you comment on this?

Madaxwayne ku xigeenka Puntland oo gaashaanka ku dhuftay Xabsi gurigii Taliyaha Booliska Puntland

- Thursday, September 11, 2003 at 11:18

Garoowe, (AllPuntland) - Madaxwayne ku xigeenka Puntland ahna ku simaha madaxwayanaha Puntland Md Maxamed Cabdi Xaashi ayaa gaashaanka ku dhuftay qoraal shalay ka soo baxay guddoomiyaha Maxkamadda Ciidamada Puntland oo xabsi guri iyo shaqo ka joojin ku xukuntay taliyaha ciidanka booliska Puntland.

Qoraalka shalay ka soo baxay Maxkamadda Ciidamada waxaa ku saxiixnaa Guddoomiyaha Maxkamadda Cabdullaahi Jaamac Gayre, waxaana xabsi guriga iyo shaqo ka joojinta lagu sababeeyey xil gudasho xumo iyo dhaqaale lunsi.

Hadaba, qaraalkan kale ee Maanta ka soo baxay Madaxtooyada ayaa lagu sheegay in aan sharciga loo cuskan shaqo ka joojinta iyo xabsi guriga taliyaha Booliska Puntland G/sare Xirsi Gaataa, sidaas darteedna aan madaxtooyadu aqbalin.

Arintaan ayaa la rumaysan yahay inay salka ku hayso isla arimihii dhaliyay khilaafkii dib laga xaliyay ee dowladda madaxda ugu saraysa soo kala dhex galay bishii July, kaas oo ku saabsanaa isku badalkii wasiirada Maaliyadda iyo caafimaadka; Taas oo aakhirkii laga noqday.

C. C. Farayaamo

AllPuntland, Soomaaliya