Sign in to follow this  
Rahima

Victorious Socceroos through to World Cup

Rahima   

Whilst I’m not a big fan of sport, this is most definitely a highlight worth posting.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI :D

Victorious Socceroos through to World Cup

Wednesday Nov 16 22:57 AEST

Australia has qualified for next year's soccer World Cup in Germany after beating Uruguay 4-2 on penalties in a heart-stopping qualifying match at Sydney's Telstra Stadium.

Australia was ahead 1-0 after the end of regulation time thanks to a Marco Bresciano goal in the first half.

But the qualifying match remained all square after Australia lost the first

N.O.R.F   

Congrats to the Aussie who will be a team to watch. Harry Kewell will be man!

Go soccerooos

waiting on Bahrain vs Trinidad and Tobago

come on Bahrain :D

Oh my days, Iam really disappointed. I was rooting for Uruguay.

The south-americans really deserved it. Now which team will get their first "sending off".

Aussies can't play, hope they don't go all the way to the final. It would be a nightmare come true.

Come'on Switzerland, I hope they beat the turks.

Trinidad'n'Tabago and Bahrain, who care's. Both will be eliminated in the first round.

SoMa_InC   

Harry Kewell kulahaa! Are you saying that because he is a Liverpool player? Harry Kewell has been a wack player ever since he left Leeds back in the days.

As for Australia, They are just making up the numbers!! That country lacks football talents...expecting the likes of Viduka to win the World Cup, that is sad!

SoMa_InC   

Turkey deserve to be in the World cup finals with their superb and skillful players like Emre, Basturk, akin and seyhan. So far it seems like they would qualify. The Irish would have had a better chance of qualifying than the Swiss.

Chelsea's extraordinary goalie aka Petr Cech and Northerner's Smicer and not forgetting the brilliant Nedved are flying the flag for Czech Republic. Surely, no team deserves more than them and in my books they are among the favourites. So far they are 1 nil up against Norway.

Switzerland Come'on. They lost to the turks 4:2 but won the toss by 4:4 agr. due to the away goals in a brilliant Game. Now Iam happy that the bullies and hooligans ain't coming to Germany.

Chech Republic 1:0 up against Norway. They're going to the World Cup finals aswell.

Intel   

what a night.... up there with this australian sporting folklore

It's still bloody sinking in.....

I hope we seeded with England. :D

Rahima   

can't wait to see them eliminated in the first round on a direct kick foul due to a 'hand ball'.

As for Australia, They are just making up the numbers!! That country lacks football talents...expecting the likes of Viduka to win the World Cup, that is sad!

Bloody haters :mad: . Who cares if they get eliminated even in the first round, damn it they made it to the world cup :D - that is an amazing feat for a country where soccer takes a backbench almost invisible.

Anyway, stop the yapping boys icon_razz.gif , don’t ruin the moment, let the Aussies soak it up.

Rokko,

I can’t believe you actually went to Fed square- mate you sure are a fanatic.

I only watched it towards the end in complete suspense and boy was I screaming when they made it (I amazed myself :D ). Then I thought of Johnny Warren, poor bloke, worked his whole life to see this moment and he died just before it.

BTW did you notice that there was no mention of Frank Farina ;) ?

uchi   

I must say it was a fun night at federation square, a great night indeed...we were jumping all night.

Oh man when Viduka missed that penalty, the crowd were, lets just say not pleased.

By the way Rokko, where were you standing?

Intel   

^^^ at the front near where those flares were...got there nice & early :cool:

Rahima i couldn’t go to sydney because of work and exams so watching the game on the big screen in centre of Melbourne with 20,000 nut-cases was the next best thing….tho I can only imagine the sensation in stadium Australia when John Aloisi scored that penalty.

Frank who :D ... its all about Guus control now.. Guus Hiddink for PM, what do you say?

and Mr football Johnny Warren i know its pretty sad but that live

This is a tribute to Johnny Warren, the captain of the last Oz team that made to the world cup some 32 years ago. He died of cancer last year.

He was a huge supporter of African football, he was a believer. Without him, SBS and the Worldcup will never be the same old. RIP old fella, we missed you much.

BTW did you notice that there was no mention of Frank Farina ?

Poor Frank, he has done all he could, only luck wasn't on his side.