Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Let's Talk About Genocide

Salaan...

Certain folks from a certain region are quick to lament, in most of the time, about suffering from under the hands of their "southern" brethren.

But at the same time are mute when it comes to talk about the disproportionate suffering the people in the South experienced.

However, why are they mute? Because the victims aren't from their qabiil? Or they aren't that important? Or are less than the sufferings of others?

It is about time to see OTHERS who suffered twice under no absolute mercy whatsoever.

TL037207.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B5db3de0c-861

My God, these are wrapped bodies

0000281818-028.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B5ca389

39081.jpg

A child in Baydhabo

TL011423.jpg?size=67&uid=%7Bde560005-d8f

Comforting both her dying husband and her undernourished child

TL031384.jpg?size=67&uid=%7Bb12ba727-6b1

TL031555.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B2a941978-adf

TL011485.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B87fea79a-9e7

0000281693-015.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B6589f7

Some of the folks who did this are currently in Nairobi, feeling no guilty whatsoever. Others under six feet.

I do not like to post topics like this, but those who are keen only to show justification of their "suffering" should also know greater affliction and misery others had experienced--and experiencing.

Keep tragic events in perspective.

...continued

TL031388.jpg?size=67&uid=%7Bfd1e9516-559

What else can they do than pray for the dead child. Ilaahoow adigaa caadil eh

TL036843.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B1f58bf2a-c36

Allah ha u raxmado, aamiin

TL031443.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B93e2770d-c0f

Who is evil enough to cause that child's miser with his mother???

TL031456.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B88b7c2ea-3ec

And there is the devil-like man who invaded their lands, forced them to starve and yet still firing at them while they were gathering to be fed by the foreigners

TL031452.jpg?size=67&uid=%7Be1c85bff-591

Oh, Yaa Allah

TL031407.jpg?size=67&uid=%7Bfa3a17c3-a90

TL031409.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B5da58395-9bb

TL031451.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B5a537460-2e3

...continued

R92359004.jpg?size=67&uid=%7Be0817d5f-30

Here, they were. Just leaving Baydhabo shortly before the U.S. army arrived. And amazingly, they didn't seem like to feel guilty. Amazingly.

TL012153.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B0de12d65-eee

TL001338.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B2da9faec-93e

If this was not near-holocaust proportionate, what was it then?

TL011315.jpg?size=67&uid=%7Bb3ae5ce7-395

TL011329.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B3dbe334c-efd

TL011414.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B4cb5c14b-953

TL001357.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B691c394e-213

Too darn late

TL011764.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B4d334b2a-62c

Eedo, dadka saas kuu galay iska cafi

A brief background of how this tragedy happened to those who are not familiar:

The overthrow of Siad Barre was the prelude to total disintegration. The opposition groups were all clan-based organizations each fighting for a particular clan interest. This is made very clear from an examination of their areas of operation. Some of the groups focused their activities on areas historically controlled by their respective clans. The Somali National Movement (SNM) operated in northneastern Somalia; the Somali Salvation Democratic Front (SSDF) in the Mudug region; the United Somali Congress (USC) in the territories of central regions; and the Somali Democratic Movement (SDM) in the inter-riverine regions predominantly populated by ****** {qabiil's name omitted, but read the victims' tribe of the famine}.

Other groups were fighting to defend the territorial gains they had made since independence in the inter-riverine and coastal regions of the south. The Somali Patriotic Movement operated in the Middle and Lower Juba valley; the Somali National Front was based in the Gedo region; and the Somali National Alliance, a ******** {qabiil omitted} faction occupied the regions of Banadir,

In January 1991, Mogadishu was captured by USC, and Barre's regime collapsed. However, this was not quite the end of this story. Barre's forces maintained strongholds in the inter-riverine regions of the country for almost a year, during which they pursued a scorched earth policy, destroying the infrastructure and bringing agricultural production to standstill. Because the ******* {qabiil omitted} were excluded from high ranks in the Somali army, the SDM had no access to arms and lacked sufficient means to protect their people. The inter-riverine people were trapped between Aideed's forces in the north, Barre's in southwest, and Morgan's--Barre's son-in law--in the south, in what became also known as the "triangle of the death." Baidoa the capital of the region became also known as the "city of the walking dead." It is estimated that nearly 500,000 people died in the man-made famine that followed. After Barre's army was forced out of the country in mid-1992, Aideed militia looted Baidoa once again, taking everything the dictator's soldiers had left behind. One relief official in Baidoa in 1992 said of the starving Somalis:

"These people look like they are from Auschwitz. The monthly death rate in August in Baidoa was 3,224, that is 104 a day. In September, the figure rose to 5,979 people a month, or nearly 200 a day. The looting and rampage increased when the US Marines landed in Mogadishu, and the feeling bandits went on a last minute rampage in Baidoa."

Famine in Baydhaba was neither the result of natural or environmental causes, nor the result of the civil war. Baydhaba is one of the richest cities in the country and the capital of the most productive agricultural region, and did not experience the level of conflict that was the fate of Mogadishu, Beledweyne and Kismaayo. How then could ****** {qabiil omitted} suffering be explained, when they had no part in the power struggle? Some have argued that Baidoa was hit by famine due to its inland location, which made relief deliveries difficult. If that were the case, then Beledweyne and Gaalkacyo would have had the same experience as Baydhaba, for they are located in the interior, too.

When General Aideed captured Baydhabo, his militia started a genocide policy when they blocked food shipments from inter-riverine area. Throughout 1992, and before the US Marine landed on the shores of Mogadishu, Aideed militia prevented food from reaching Baydhaba and other parts of southern Somalia. They used various tactics, including forcing relief agencies to use the militia's trucks and drivers for transportation. Whenever vehicles of United Nations headed for the inter-riverine region, the militia methodically looted them en route. Finally, when the UN/US command in desperation decided to airlift supplies to Baydhaba, Aideed militia controlling the Baydhaba Airport had imposed a fee of $5,000 per flight, taking a percentage of the food load as well.

Arlaadinet.com {I abridged and edited qabiil names from it}.

Heart breaking may Allah forgive us all for letting our people down. I remember that time it was the worst period in my life when every day you see childeren and mothers die on the 9 oclock news and all you can do is turn away.

God I couldn't hold my tears falling from my cheek walaahi. it soo sad to see others boasting around what allah has bestowed upon them when other parts of somalia are suffering like this. May allah reward them with something better in akhira and might they endure the pain and suffering, and may allah bring peace to somalia as a whole. the pics are so heart breaking

Sophist   

Verily those who caused the death of these innocents will meet their punishment.

Miskiin, I am truly captured. Words can not convey what occupied my mind right now. May Allah give us the courage to accept our mistakes and prepare for better world in the future.

Somalia needs us ALL.

LANDER   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

[QB] Salaan...

Certain folks from a certain region are quick to lament, in most of the time, about suffering from under the hands of their "southern" brethren.

But at the same time are mute when it comes to talk about the disproportionate suffering the people in the South experienced.

However, why are they mute? Because the victims aren't from their qabiil? Or they aren't that important? Or are less than the sufferings of others?

These pictures are obviously very tragic to say the least. Miskiin I am appauled at your lame attempt to use the suffering of these people in order to take cheap shots at us(Somalilanders). You are obviously a hypocrate when it comes to relating to the suffering of other people since your using these pictures to somehow try to minimize the suffering of the Somalilanders in an earlier period, nevertheless I must warn you not all people fall into traps of emotional manipulation. You say we are mute when it comes to the suffering of the people in the south, well since you have the answers why don't you tell us what you would like Somalilanders to do. Should we declare war on all the warlords in the south? take on the USC factions? remnants of the SSDF? SPM etc... Is that what you would like to see more bloodshed? Or maybe you would like us to donate aid to the southern regions; which begs the question what do we have to aid our southern cousins with? we can barely sustain our own. Another question, did Somalilanders cause the suffering of these people? so why are you taking shots at us? You say to keep things in perspective, but I seriously doubt you understand what "keeping things in perspective" means. You are neither miskiin nor do you appreciate the plite of other peoples, please stop the hypocracy.

I don't mind you taking cheap shots at Somalilanders, but using these people for your own rhetoric is disgusting man.

Matkey   

Subhana Allah, Subhana Allah, Subhana Allah

O Allah it is you to whom we return.

ARE THEY NOT YOUR BRS/SIS? WHAT DID THEY DO TO DESERVE THIS? TELL ME IF THAT IS NOT MOST HORRIFIC DEATH? I AM IN A DIFFERENT STATE TO POST SUCH REPLY

wa alykum asalaam

Gediid   

I pity those above and wish that the perpetrators of this heinous crime be brought to court.Its utterly despicable to say the least what MMA is trying to do here by equating the 2 tragedies.Its totally childish and his only purpose of posting the pictures was to take a very cheap shot at Somalilanders without any thought of remorse or a thought pattern compatible with a such truly sad moment not only in Somali history but all mankind.I think it shows how childish you are in your thoughts and selfish in making a point where there's none to be made.

“Indeed La Xawla Wa La Quwata Illabilaahi”

MMA – Horrific, Gruesome, Inhumane, and Stomach-churning indeed. In all honesty, I do not know what to say, except park the bloody spirit in ‘ween the Potomac and Thames rivers in pieces!

To Gediid and Co,

What is good for the geese is not quite so for gander, is all that springs to mind!

Gabbal   

Gediid on the contrary there is big point to be made. Look at MMA's first post of the thread and read. This is a genocide, too, for those blinded by hate. Not only you survived, so did him and so did her.

AYOUB   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

It is about time to see OTHERS who suffered twice under no absolute mercy whatsoever.

The whole world saw and condemned what happened in Baydhaba and Somalia as a whole in 1990's. Your opening remarks are vague and need some clarifications before I comment further. Who exactly is mute?