Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Macallin Me Miskiin xiin; a discusson on alshabaab

RaMpAgE   

Salam Nomads.

I have been following the latest developments in somalia and wanted to share my two cents.

TFG:

Strenghts:

1)Internationally recognised- Its nice to be recognised and have good contacts with the rest of the world, which would result in trade and foriegn investment, but the real Question is does the UN have the interest of the somali people at heart? or is the TFG just a tool to futher divide the somali nation.

2)Has some decent personalities who may have the interest of the somali nation at heart.

3)Supported by the culuma and other respectable somalis in the dispora when Sheik sharif was elected.

Weakness

1) Legitmacy- who does it really represent? Who picked these so called minister, sure as hell me and most other somalis didn't.

2) Too many warlords and shady characters- Imagine a government with abdiqeybdid, shatigudud, Bare Hiirale, M.Dhere, etc etc, these are men who have been holding the nation back. Thus i doubt these men have the interest of the nation at heart.

3)Based on a injustice formula, the 4.5. I thought everyone was equal, we are all citizens of somalia. But from what i can see, this method will only increase discrimination aganist minorities, and institutionalize clan as one Nomad has suggested.

4)A throw back to the past, same faces, same people, same minds, who have been ruling this nation. We need fresh faces, and new idea's and a new generation to move this country foward.

5) No vision or direction has the goverment has proposed. Sheik Sharif has not given a single noteworthy speech outlining his plans for the future of the nation Nor the premier minister Sharmarke

Alshabab:

Strengths:

1)You know what your are getting from alshabab, you cross the line you get punished. This means criminals, rapist, murders and ******** will get the rought end of the stick, just what somalia needs after 20years of anarchy.

2)With alshabab we wont be slaves to Ethiopia, Kenya or Uganda, and no more somali politicans making pilgrimages to addis abba or nairobi.Maybe we will have a bit of pride back and be a feared nation onces again.

3)They have already proven they can manage alot of land and some of biggest cities in somalia, including kismayo, marka, and baydhabo.These areas seem to have enjoyed a bit of peace since alshabab tookover.

Weakness:

1)More Wars, more deaths and more assissinations, in alshabab & Cos, conquests.

2)Blockages, sanctions, but you know, were somalis, we always find ways lol.

3)Intolerant of certain sects in somalia.

Thus these are just some of the strengths and weakness of both these entities, iam sure their are many, many more. In my opinion i believe Alshabab would be a better alternative to the TFG in the long run for obvious reasons, but the one i am most worried about is the fact that with the TFG we would be back to square one, clan rivalries, political infighting and corrupt individuals inciting their clan to gain a position.

One alternative would be to dissolve the TFG and start all over again but this time to include Alshabab & Co, who knows maybe might accept it.

Anways sorry about the long reply nomads and

Salam.

Abwaan   

good analysis RaMpAgE and I agree with most of it...The selection process where 4.5 was used and the warlord majority is utterly wrong but I don't think that going back to square one will help. Haddii la kala diro xubnaha dhan haddana you could not avoid the same thing happening...so I recommend in tartiib tartiib loo beddelo wasiirrada iyo xubnaha baarlamaanka sidii Shariif iyo Cumar lagu keenay oo kale. Midda kale I don't think that the majority of Shabab Leaders are interested are interested in dowlad wadaag ah. These guys are far too extreem and would rather have a government with some of it's ministers from Afghanistan, Algeria and Pakistan. I beleive in dhallinyarada u dagaalanta iyo taageerayaashooda laga qayb geliyo maamullada Soomaalida laakiin Ina Godane iyo kuwa la midka ah Mushaar kale ayaa u soo dhaca...oo intay carruurahooda meelo qabow degsadeen bay ilmaha dadoow dhahaan is qarxiya.

"All that I have been doing - meetings and organising - were dangerous enough to make me a marked man for some old ghosts"

Wow. I wonder who those old ghosts are!