Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Macallin Me Miskiin xiin; a discusson on alshabaab

Meiji   

Originally posted by Gabbal:

Me, you have already eloquently established your position against the TFG.

What the gallery now wants to hear is
what is the alternative?
:D

Remember the political situation in Somalia is a two street today as Xiin put forward. Either you support Al Shabaab or your support the TFG or you take the third civilian option and remain neutral. If it is the latter two, then this discussion would become pointless since Xiin would not have a bone to pick with you. If it is the earlier, then you need to say so because this is what the topic is about.

p.s. If I am playing self-declared referee role, bear with me.
smile.gif

He already elaborated on the grounds on which he opposed the foreign-created regime. That alone is enough.

However, if we tested the 'necessary evil' he condones (not supports) we can come to the conclusion that they too should be opposed.

Meiji   

However the case of the Sharifites is not yet exhausted. First we need to cover that area before we can move on.

Me, The TFG case is dead! Everybody knowes, what we need to do is to exhaust the case of the religious pretenders.

Hunguri   

I think, most of the SOL members read the posts well. Xiin, has a clear crystal point, where he eloquently mentioned his political stance, and why he supports Shariif. He also criticized Alshabaab, and opposed the Ethiopian invision during the TFG. Xiin and Shariif's goverment are on a life line support, and Xiin will only lose his credibility in debating, the day the Ethiopians invade Somalia again under the umbrella of Shariif. Me, neither supports Alshabaab nor any political function entity that exists in Somalia. He opposes Shariif, he opposes Abdillahi Yusuf, he opposes Somali land, I dont see him in the crowd of the Puntlanders, not the ressistance of the ONLF. So far, Xiin is begging him to clear his political points, and who he supports. smile.gif Me defeated Oodwayne, laakiin Xiin has become a block in his throat!

Gabbal   

Malaika and Meiji, I think I have been extremely fair in this topic with respect to my sympathetic treatment of Me even though I count myself a nominal member of Xiin's side of the divide.

It seems Me does not have an alternative except to be againt the TFG. If Al Shabaab was any other entity I would give Me the benefit of the doubt but what we are facing if the TFG folds is an entity with transnational views, that has no respect for the Somali state, its institutions, its national sovereignty, its people's aspirations, its culture and socio-political dynamics,etc. We are facing an entity that wants to lay claim to the Somali state for the sole purpose of gaining more territory and using it as temporary gas to sustain them for more campaigns in the East African sub-region and beyond. What sane man would want these men to triumph no matter how disappointed you are with the TFG?

Meiji   

Gabbal,

What do you mean with ''no alternative''?

Does it mean that there is no alternative group on the ground or that Me has no alternative approach to the problems facing Somalis?

One can oppose current factions by elaborating on what grounds he/she bases his/her opposition and by putting forward alternative approach to solving our problems.

In the case that one fails to identify a faction on the ground with the alternative approach one has put forward, one has the right to oppose all factions and stress on how things should be in order to pave the way for change in the near future.

PS: I agree with you on the fact that one should not embrace a greater evil (for the future) just because one opposes the TFG.

^^^Currently, there is no alternative!

Somalia is stuck between a rock and a hard place. And it is precisely because of this predicament why, old man Xiin, has resorted to choosing the lesser of two evils(The TFG). ME, is correct to describe the TFG as shiid fooqol shiid, but the alternative (Al Shabaab) which deep down, I know, he cares not for, are all xaaraan fooqol xaaran.

Until Allah(SWT) ushers forth a better more halaal option, we will all have to endure this hellish rollercoster ride. However; one thing is for sure, only a legitimate political group with the mass support of a broad section of Somali society will inherit the governance of our country.

I don't like shabaab and I think Shariif is or has become a reasonable man. But to be honest, I never was comfortable with the fringe extremist mentality of blood thirsty ********s cloaking themselves with religion with the mentality of salvation through death and destruction. With that in mind, as usual I think stability in the form of Shariif should be supported. Truth be told though, every single one of you current or former supporters of shariif have no leg to stand on. for the former supporters because here you are attacking the man you have clamored for, the organization for which you were willing to sacrifices a government, however weak or imperfect. Where are all the promises of a better tomorrow if only we destroy what we have for shariif and co? You are a discredited bunch whose abysmal misanalyses would forever teach a decent person to shut up about bold predictions but no, here you are yet again clamoring for the destruction of something tangible for an abstract idea of little brainwashed children whose idea of administration is shoot or chop something off to lead us to better pasture. For the current, lets hope you learned something but your current taste for stability and reason does not absolve of the previous anarchic tendencies...

that my two cents, too bad if you only take credit...

North, brother, I just wanted to see if the man really understands what he celebrates for.

For the rest of this jammaacah, Me i daali laakiin hal mid baa caddaatay, he does not support alshabaab. And that is something i can take home

now I am off to the other thread, i think Fabregas' xanaaq is promising.

me   

Xiin,

It is not over yet. You still have to present your case for the TFG to the good SOL public.

You can not just walk away. Unless you ask for absolution.

Finish what you started.

Paragon   

Xiin and Paragon have between them the skills to put forward a stronger case for the TFG then they have done so far.

Yes, you are right. Xiin has tried his best to reason with you, but I haven't and you know why. I won't be dishonest to myself and to anyone else and engage in an empty debate with you in SOL. Me, the two of us know each other very well in personal terms. If you remember well, it was I who was asking of you to be more accommodating of another friend's hardline stance towards what's going on in Somalia. And guess what that friend has ended up in Xamar with the group he supported verbally. Although him and I have shared a common vission (to some extent) for a peaceful Somalia, he swerved to the extreme. But at least one thing he hasn't done was show a volatility of ideas, and made clear from the start that he is what he supports. Fair enough.

Thus, from that day on I have come to be cautious and maintain total silence/detachment with regards to whom I talk about reactive approaches to politics. For that reason, my debating will be on hold for sometime untill a chohesive common approach surfaces between those who want to see a peaceful Somalia. All that I have been doing - meetings and organising - were dangerous enough to make me a marked man for some old ghosts. So I'd rather be the one who bears the brunt of the consequences of any inevetability of not-so-rosy outcomes than my associates.

Marka, I'll request of you one thing: NO BODY KNOWS OR UNDERSTANDS YOU WELL ENOUGH IN SOL, AND IN PERSON, to understand where your passion for a greater Somalia. I do. And I quite understand why you support Al-Shabaab. I am sure you have all your reasons for saying all you are saying now. And quite frankly I would rather have you continue than come out and condemn you for it. Just be honest with yourself.

For now, I will reserve my comments to other trivial things. smile.gif