Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Somalia/ Somaliland

Ibtisam ,

The vote that you are refering to took place in 1961. The euphoria for unification was before 1th of July 1960 - before the union took place. The voting took place at a time when Somalilanders realised what a foolish and naive they were in uniting with these ex-Mafia Southerners.

The clear majority of the North was desatisfied with the Constitution and abstained to vote and those who voted the clear majority was negative. But as far as the Mafia in the South was concerned, the village of Wanla-wayn recorded more votes of YES than the all North had.

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

69% in Erigavo?
:D

How many total votes?

Ibti, I think the Erigavo percentage is highly inflated. If the assumption is made that the NW clan wasn't happy with the "consititution", it is demographically impossible for a 69% "NO vote" in Erigavo
(unless only the NW clan portion in the city voted and the majority of the city's residents decided not to vote)
. I say this because Erigavo residents in that early period were primarily Maakhirites and Hudunians. Maakhirites and Hudunians migration to other areas of Somalia started in the early 70's with another big influx following the tribal wars of the late 80s'.

You could have gotten away with that falacity, Libaaxow, if Ceerigabo and environs were not the cradle of the clan that makes a majority today. icon_razz.gif

On the contrary to your assertions, the said clan you are advocating for came to Ceerigavo in droves during the Siyad Barre regime. It was under the watchful eye of the genocidical regime that this clan, mostly forcefully, stablished itself in the city.

LANDER   

Originally posted by Caamir:

Even so, the votes cast in the North, those in favor were not statistically significant. The votes cast in favor of the constitution was 48% and those against 52%.

:D ^

Something tells me you don't even know the meaning of 'statistical significance', now your assumption would that be based on the 99th or 95th percent level of confidence? lol, something doesn't sound right man you may wanna go back to them math books and re-read the meaning of 'statistical significance'.

Ibti,

Continue your research walaal, and do not mind the jargon coming from some of these disgruntle ppl, they're lame attempts at distorting your research. As far as historical docs I think Oodweyne as reference to a lot of useful links and sources that he posted over the years. Some included actually copies of the original docs if I remember right. Even Samurai and the rest of the folks here I think have links that can help you. Not sure if they are still available on this forum. You can always message Oodweyne directly.

Emperor   

^Lol, Calling for the right man, I guess Nepthy's call waa la ajiibay :D , If Oodwayne joins it will become a torture, an essay of 4 pages long about that bloody referendum and constitution with frequently bolded text is on its way...

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

ex-Mafia Southerners.

:D , the former Mafia men now turned warlords of the South are yet to let SL secede... you need to come to terms to the fact, Waqooyi galbeed is stil part of the former republic, when you get that recognition let me know...

One more fact about the Wala-Wayn issue, the Somali and South regions of Bay and Bakool alone have more population than the entire traingle of Burco-Hargeisa-Berbera...

Originally posted by Emperor:

One more fact about the Wala-Wayn issue, the Somali and South regions of Bay and Bakool alone have more population than the entire traingle of Burco-Hargeisa-Berbera...

Since 91'..The people from "The triangle" are the fastest growing in numbers by far.

Emperor   

^What calculator did you use my friend, don't tell me this one below:

hp-35s-handheld-calculator.jpg

In that case I can easily spot the error, that calculator is too complicated for you my friend, try use the basic ones...

Some people need the background and why the numbers in Waqooyi were in disfavour of the Constitution's referendum [and it was only the constitution, not the official Act of Union]. Major parties in Waqooyi then did boycott the referendum, especially the major Soomaali National League, which was led by the late Cigaal.

Why did the SNL boycott the referendum? Dissatisfaction of the Union itself as some are alluding now? No, of course not. Some of those leaders were too ambitious, and when they did not receive higher posts expectedly became dissatisfied the state of their positions, rather than the Union itself.

Out of the 600,000 electors in Waqooyi, only 100,000 voted, according to this Waqooyi site.

Also one crucial fact was omitted in this thread: Hiiraan region, the cradle of central regions, voted against the constitution, with more margin than some of the Northern regions. Hiiraan did vote against the constitution because its main campaigner and elected xildhibaan from there, Sheekh Cali Jimcaale, a rival of Aaden Cadde, did campaign against it. Only handful votes in the Parliament separated Sh. Cali Jimcaale becoming the president than Aaden Cadde, a fact many Soomaalis do not know.

Sh. Cali Jimcaale, another ambitious politician, did not forgot this fact. If the referendum failed, as it was widely endorsed by Aaden Cadde, it would have been a referendum Aaden Cadde's own government itself, which would have forced him to resign.

If the constitution was not approved, Aaden Cadde would have resigned, so would C/rashiid's adminstration. A simple political calculation by the Hiiraani Sh. Cali Jimcaale. So was Cigaale's calculation. Both of them put their eggs on this constitution to fail, in order to realize Aaden Cadde's government to fail. That is politico 101.

Anyway, the constitution as a whole was overwhelmingly approved. According to this source:

axdigaij1.jpg

Also Reer Awdal, Reer Sool and considerable number of Reer Sanaag approved. In the case of Awdal, overwhelmingly.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by LANDER:

Originally posted by Caamir:

[qb]

Even so, the votes cast in the North, those in favor were not statistically significant. The votes cast in favor of the constitution was 48% and those against 52%.

Lander Wrote:

Something tells me you don't even know the meaning of 'statistical significance', now your assumption would that be based on the 99th or 95th percent level of confidence? lol, something doesn't sound right man you may wanna go back to them math books and re-read the meaning of 'statistical significance'.

:D ^

Lander, Are you speaking of the Confidence Intervals. We are not measuring up the parameters of a sample statistics?

See it from the context of the English language. It is like saying the current foreign policy adopted by our country does not bear dividends or capital gains :D

Ibtisam, I wasn't patronizing you. I hope Miskiin Macruuf's post would help.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Isseh:

quote: P.s. Statistics is from Adam
p.25 and Hofmann
p. 11-12

Revisionist historians,
or are they not?

Isseh,I agree we have many revisionist historians that lobby hard for the secessionists. The hired lobbyists distort and write a new history just to advance the "Somaliland"'s unilateral decision to break away from the rest of Somalia.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by AfricaOwn:

quote:Originally posted by Emperor:

Since 91'..The people from "The triangle" are the fastest growing in numbers by far.
True. While Emperor was busy operating war machines, you were building baby vending machines.

Ibty: Whateva you do, do not PM addeero Oodweyne. Pretty please! ;) . He's going to pollute your mind si xun that you wouldn't know the true version of the Somali constitution, from a wildly fabricated or slanted one. Think thrice before you touch that button. :D

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Emperor:

^Lol, Calling for the right man, I guess Nepthy's call waa la ajiibay
, If Oodwayne joins it will become a torture, an essay of 4 pages long about that bloody referendum and constitution with frequently bolded text is on its way...

Would you stop being a such child, it is natural for northers to respond when I ask a question about something in the NOrth, soon I will ask soemthing about the SOuth and you can respond.

This is turning into a tita about the constitution redface.gif

Not anymore...I believe you know the reason, something to do with war and warlords. ;)

Lander Thanks, I'm scared of Oodwayne redface.gif if I get brave I'll PM him inshallah.

Suldanka Thanks for the links smile.gif

Nephy rebshida jooji please

Abu Geejire Don't worry I can handle em :D

Caamir; you was, also can I add that revisionist historian do not always side with secessionists. There are revisionist Historians who distort what happened with the Barre regim to discredit SL issues ;) So it works both ways, there are also those who side with no one, but rather do it to eidt out any postive things in Somali history.

MMM THanks.