Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Live From Hargeisa

Originally posted by Norfsky:

Isbadal baa dhacay!

Changes is here
:D

Yes indeed and it certainly looks like Kulmiye won by commanding majority. But what will Silaanyo do on the question of separatism? Will he continue the futile attempt to drill at the brick wall that is Somalia's territorial integrity or will he be wise about it and lead his people, and chart a realistic political direction.

We shall see where the old man leads. But this is a moment of celebration provided the other parties give him the chance to govern and lead as he did to them.

Hales   

@Oodkac :D

How about the foreign policy in regards to Sool and Sanaaq region And the new alternatives they may take in gaining recognition??

And lastly my last post also was not limmited to TFG and Puntland, i also asked about policies such as economy and investments in different parts of the public services.

Now that Siilayo, The former minister of planning in Siyad Barre's government, is elected president. will he continue the failed policy of Riyaale or will he change course.

NGONGE   

Expected nothing less. Onwards and upwards (in other words; duushay ya naas duushay).

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

quote:Originally posted by Norfsky:

Isbadal baa dhacay!

Changes is here
:D

Yes indeed and it certainly looks like Kulmiye won by commanding majority. But what will Silaanyo do on the question of separatism? Will he continue the futile attempt to drill at the brick wall that is Somalia's territorial integrity or will he be wise about it and lead his people, and chart a realistic political direction.

We shall see where the old man leads. But this is a moment of celebration provided the other parties give him the chance to govern and lead as he did to them.
War new plan la kaalay so ku man odhan? Xaaji Xunjuf would tell you that Siilaanyo managed to drill the brick wall of afweyne never mind this territorial integrity you're peddling in here. Adeer wa iga talo dee, new plan la kaalay. It really does not matter who leads SL, the goal for all is the same.

NGONGE   

^^ Dee miyuu maqlaya? SSC iyo Awdal iyo wax dhab libaax fadhiya iyo Lady Love iyo Lady Y iyo Melez Zenawi iyo Karavankii xumaa ayuu wali la ordaya. :D

Cara.   

Based on the number of bolded words in Oodweyne's text, divided by the number of words in quotation marks raised to the power of the number of "Dear lads", I gather there has been a peaceful transition of power. Congratulations again!

Ibti, I was being serious! It's standard operating procedure for even pro-Somaliland southerners to take a playful swing at our neighboring "nation" icon_razz.gif

So I'll hold you to your promise to jajabis all this for me since the results are officially in.

STOIC   

xiin,

I regard you high than majority of anti-Somaliland camp in SoL..I think you should let us all (including you) celebrate this historical day together as our incumbent president promised to honor the pre-vote pledge...a rare chance in Africa I say!

PS I was taking my cousins college tour in the finest gothic structures of Princeton University when I got the news through a text few minutes ago....Congrat Somalilanders (and Somalis) everywhere

^^I hear you , Stoic.

This is good news, and I am not just saying it, i really think it's a great news.

khilaafkeenna kale hannoo danbeeyo, hortaa caawa ciyaara :D

Hales   

But, in Somaliland decision of her destiny is at the hand of her people.

You know these wishes are only limited to certain places within the colonial borders of Somaliland. Just like the elections have proven to us. :D

But ill put a rest to this, awoowe, i dont wanna bother this historical day of some of the Somalilland solers too much now. smile.gif

I hereby express my hearfelt congratulations to my fellow Somalis in Somaliland on peaceful elections and the announcement of the results and their acceptance.

May Allah (SWT) bless all Somalis with peace and prosperity.

Amiin! dheh

NGONGE   

Wale Xiin wuu dhaga culusahay. One can dabaal deg and entertain your questions at the same time, saaxib. Sadly, the questions are exactly the same you've been asking for twenty years. The identity of the president makes no difference to the clearly stated aims of the state, wax fahan ninyaho.

The shame of it is that this event does beg a whole lot of new questions yet you're still stuck on the same old nonsense despite most of your expectations (and possibly hopes) being thwarted at every turn. Lakin would the penny drop? :D

Xiin, naga hor dhaqaaq, you're usually sensible laakin maanta your comments are a nuisance.

This is one time I sincerely wish I was in Somaliland. The election fever in the past week has been quite electric.

I asked my father if he was happy, and he said 'weligayba aniga lug'na kulmiyaan kula jirey, lugna udub, so I'm a winner either way'. LoL.

Well done to the people of Somaliland, and so proud of the outgoing president, he will definitely leave a legacy worthy of his good name ;)

Celebrations across the country as KULMIYE won the presidential elections. People did not sleep the night celebrating on the streets and chanting national songs. The streets of Hargeisa, Borama, Berbera, Burao, Lasanod, Erigavo and others were full of people celebrating for Kulmiye.

Faysal congratulated the new president and said the election was free and fair.

Rayaale is expected to speak later today.

Thankful   

Al Jazeera

"There's a lot of jubilation on the streets today as the country is also celebrating 50 years of independence from Italy," Al Jazeera's Mohamed Adow, reporting from the Somaliland capital of Hargeisa, said.

They are also celebrating because it was the 1st of July and the fact that 50 years earlier the Italians left the other part of our country.