Sign in to follow this  
Cyber_Nomad

Ucid party, an Islamist party ?

"Hargeysa (HWN) Guddoomiyaha xisbiga Mucaaradka ah ee UCID Eng. Faysal Cali warbaabe ahna murashaxa jagada madaxweyneha ee xisbigaas ayaa maanta soo saaray qoraal dheer oo uu nuxurkiisu ahaa in ay dalka ku xukumi doonaan sharaceeda islaamka haddii ay ku guulaystaan doorashada Madaxtooyada ee filayo in ay bisha June 26-ka dalka ka dhacdo"

source

It seems that UDUB and Kulmiye are facing a game changer in the election.

Saalax   

We need diversity anyway it's a good thing if a islamist party is running in the elections aswell, but not extremist type like al shabab.

juma-nne   

Cyber nomad concoted topic stands as an overstatement. I believe governing with islamic sharia elements is one thing and extremist islamism is another.Now which one exactly is UCID version? I think Faisal just meant governing with Sharia Elements just as is with many Arab states.

Originally posted by juma-nne:

Cyber nomad concoted topic stands as an overstatement. I believe governing with islamic sharia elements is one thing and extremist islamism is another.Now which one exactly is UCID version? I think Faisal just meant governing with Sharia Elements just as is with many Arab states.

By definition an Islamist party isn't an extremist party -unless you are prejudice towards your own views-, but not all Somalilanders agree on the implication of sharia, because sharia elements is already included e.g. alcohol banned.

Saalax   

Cyber_Nomad, what are you implying? i don't think the people of somaliland drink alcohol just few months back the police took away dozenz of alcohol bottles bought by some tourist and burned it, somaliland still has a strong stand against alcohol iyo waxas do you think this place is djibouti?

Originally posted by Sacad *Ducaale:

Cyber_Nomad, what are you implying? i don't think the people of somaliland drink alcohol just few months back the police took away dozenz of alcohol bottles bought by some tourist and burned it, somaliland still has a strong stand against alcohol iyo waxas do you think this place is djibouti?

Im not implying im clearly stating that Somaliland law has Sharia elements in it already, as well as the constitution, so the notion applying Sharia law is a different course to Somaliland has been on for the last 20 years.

Qudhac   

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

All things considered, and on second thought, I think, long may be the
"days"
, in which Somaliland's
UCID
party does what is doing right now, indeed...
:D:D

sxb oodweyne maxaa laguu sheegay, wanna share that intellegence.