Sign in to follow this  
Cawaale

Allahdoesit mean God?'

Cawaale   

"In fact"Allah" is the perfect word to describe the "One God" of monotheism"

Meaning of the word "Allah" in Arabic elah - (Arabic) means 'God' or something to be Worshipped.

Allah = Has no gender (not male or female)

Allah = Never plural - always singular

Al-lah =Means "The Only One to Worship

hope, u oll will try 2useallah when ever u wna say God?

m0hab

Haashim   

ALLAH is not God

ALLAH is the name of the creator of everything in this world and beyond

GOD in arabic is ILAAH

ALLAH is one of the ILAAHS (gods) that people call them when they're in need and he is the only only one who replies them and materialise their demands in this world and hierafter, all others either do not hear such as idols, cows, the sun etc or has no ability to protect themselves let alone to help others such as pop john paul, george bush, kim jong il etc.

LAA ILAAHA ILLA-ALLAH means THERE IS NO ILAAH (GOD) (has a right to any kind of worship)except ALLAH.

therefore, there are many ILAAHS or Gods (including our creator -ALLAH-) that people are worshiping at this moment, but none of them has that right except the one who created all of them (worshipers and their gods).

What Islam distinct from other religions is that "Islam never denies that the people are worshiping many different gods (ilaahs) including Cows, Idols, trees, the sun, the moon, pope john paul, George bush etc. but all of these have no right to any kind of worship except ALLAH since they can't harm or benefit you - except what ALLAH has written to you -.

Baashi   

Originally posted by Opinionated:

Allah -> arabic word for God

God -> english word for Allah

True but the point is:

In English language the God can be female such as Goddess or can be many such as Gods! SubxanAllah. Whereas the Arabic word Allah there is no such multiplicity and does not implicate the gender of the Supreme Being. Its beyond our imagination...got it?

Jaabir   

Originally posted by m0hab:

Allah = Has no gender (not male or female)

brother Mohab I will have to disagree with you on this one.. Alah, his almighty, has referred to himself in a male noun throughout the holy Quran.. you can attest to that from Surat Al ikhlaas which is one example of many.... :-

[112:0] In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

[112:1] Proclaim, " He is the One and only GOD.

[112:2] "The Absolute GOD.

[112:3] "Never did He beget. Nor was He begotten.

[112:4] "None equals Him."

bilan   

Originally posted by Darman:

brother Mohab I will have to disagree with you on this one.. Alah, his almighty, has referred to himself in a male noun throughout the holy Quran.. you can attest to that from Surat Al ikhlaas which is one example of many.... :-

salaam

i agree with muraad Allah does not equal god,

All the names of Allah are genderless, from what i heard is that pronouns that are used in the quran such as 'he' 'third person' or 'we' does not mean Allah refered himself male noun but it has something to do with arabic language, and the way arabs used the language, so scholars say that the name Allah is genderless.if you want to know more http://www.islamonline.net/askaboutislam/display.asp?hquestionID=2719

Cawaale   

maashj-lah,,,,,,,,, guyz,, u er realy doin well,,,,,,,, i lke dat,,,,,,,,

aan kala faa'iieysano,, khasa ahan waxi ku sabasan diinteena,, nadiif-ka ah,,,,,,

allah bless u oll

Nur   

Opinionated

ALLAH is not = GOD

GOD = ilaah

Allah is proper name of our ilaah

There are many ilaahs

But only one ALLAH

ilaah means

The root meaning of the word ILAA caomes from the Arabic word (ALIHA) the masdar of this word means among others:

1. To seek a protection ( Like an infant seeks mother's love , wormth and protection)

2. To seek a rescuer ( in times of distress)

3. To seek the highest authority, no one scapes from ( Jurisdiction and Sovreighnty).

4. It meant leadership. ( ZACIIM UL QOWM)

5. Any thing one follows even desires is called ilaah

Nur

Cawaale   

bulo,, bro u totaly,, missundersto0o0d, ma words,, any wyaz,, hope u'll check out ma mesage again,,..

waxad oagat waxna ka ahdlayan w adiintena,, ma ahand ood wadag cadi ah bro, so we should be carefull ,,

Walakaa,, m0hab,,

Originally posted by Nur:

Opinionated

ALLAH is not = GOD

GOD = ilaah

Allah is proper name of our ilaah

There are many ilaahs

But only one ALLAH

ilaah means

Then why do arab christians and jews called God Allah?

bilan   

Originally posted by m0hab:

bulo,, bro u totaly,, missundersto0o0d, ma words,, any wyaz,, hope u'll check out ma mesage again,,..

waxad oagat waxna ka ahdlayan w adiintena,, ma ahand ood wadag cadi ah bro, so we should be carefull ,,

Walakaa,, m0hab,,

salaam first i'm not a bro :D , second i did not talk about your message at all, i was replying to Darman, and i said the name Allah is genderless, exactly what you said, :confused:

nafta   

this is a good post.

by the way, i thought we weren't even supposed to use the word GOD, because if u turn it around it means Dog or something, like the word mosque came from mosquitos (if u get what i mean)...it might seem off track or something but i just thought i should slip in the discussion.

thanx for sharing mohab...it was interesting reading that