Sign in to follow this  
BBCjourno

Is anyone returning to Mogadishu?

Hi folks,

I have read messages from a couple of ex-pats saying they are planning on returning to Somalia now that the Islamic Courts Union has taken over Mogadishu. I'd very much like to hear from anyone who is genuinely going!

But no spam/general comments you'd like to get on the BBC please. I get hundreds of emails a day as it is...

Me and my homies saved enough for a one way ticket to Mogadishu for if them foreign troops touch our sisters

yeah some will die but before i die i will take 15 n.ggers with me and that son of biatch abdullahi Yusuf i can't believe i'm related to that mo fo

i will join the islamic courts and die with honor

sh1t fkking sh1t fkking basterds why did they approve them FT's mann i wanted to have wife and kids nooh

but i heard a lot young patriots are returning to somalia from my neighberhood and hoping to join the courts

Hi PresidentofSomalia and Emperor- i see you're both logged on - how can I contact you please? I'm looking to find potential interviewees

Interview???

you want to use it on me and homies when we finished with them foreign troops don't ya??

I take the fifth

The Fifth Amendment 'can be asserted in any proceeding, civil or criminal, administrative or judicial, investigatory or adjudicatory; and it protects against any disclosures which the witness reasonably believes could be used in a criminal prosecution or could lead to other evidence that might be so used.' Kastigar v. U.S., 406 U.S. 441, 44-45 ('72)

i'm a somali you can't trick a somali!!

THE FIFTH THE FIFTH THE FIFTH!!!

Dear Emperor,

I work for BBC World Service Radio - we have 160 million listeners, most of whom are in sub-saharan Africa. No trials, no connection to the police - we're just interested to hear from expats who are going back and why they want to go.

But of course its absolutely fine if that doesnt appeal to you. Its entirely voluntary!

ANWAR   

BBCjourno IM GOING TO DO WHAT THE EMPEROR SED

join the islamic courts and die with honor

AFTHER I TAKE 40 NIGGER WITH ME :D:D:D

Don't let them set the agenda.

Is so easy to see where this is heading, 'Young (Brit or or watever Somali ) heads back home to join the jihadist' -- don't fall into their trap please.

Where u go and wat u do this summer should be ur own business, keep it urself .... and anyway watever u do it for Allah not for the media ( i.e silence is best policy here )

I dont think this comment is fair. World Service isnt some tabloid rag and our listeners have a pretty sophisticated understanding of the Islamic Courts Union. Many are Somalis themselves, who have been asking whether Muslim Somalis in the rest of the world want to come back now and what they think about what is happening. Which was my reason for the post!

There may be LOTS of reasons why someone would choose to go back to live under the Islamic Courts - going back to fight is only one reason- others could include the belief that life will be more stable in Mogadishu now, or the desire to be part of the social change that is happening there.

We interview people of all shades of opinion, fairly - that includes representatives from the Islamic Courts Union themselves, who rang us because they wanted to be interviewed (see yesterday's output) and, if this is Hizbut Tahrir - we've interviewed you guys too! If someone chooses not to respond that is their own decision, but please dont paint all the media with the same brush. Some of us work hard to be unbiased and spread a little understanding in this world of ours.

^^But BBCJourno, I see a little discrepancy in what you proposed to us, you said:

I get hundreds of emails a day as it is...

And then, in the same paragraph, you wrote:

I'd very much like to hear from anyone who is genuinely going!

Now, my question to you is, whatever you are upto, why couldn't you propose this to the different people who have sent you the hundreds of emails in regard to the very same subject you pursuing?

Jacpher   

Is this BBCJourno for real?

When did SOL start accepting solicitors? Couldn't you do that on your own website? Where're the mods?

By the way, it's way too early to think about going back to Mogdisho or Somalia. Not yet safe for return in my standard. It's like asking beeraleey folks to swim with hungry sharks, only the weirdoes would do it.