Sign in to follow this  
Dhashiike

The Rubberstamping of the Occupation

Kashafa   

quote:

TFG will no longer have the free hand it had before, and Sharif's team will be more responsible actors and continue to learn how to interact with the International community, and SOMALIA will be better for it.

What kind of fairytale world are you living in?
Some rhetorical questions prove to be more weighty and more telling than 12 page threads on fire. To add to the above, The Is-Qancis Brigade inhabit a world, a fairytale world, where reality is shaped to fit their fantastical whims.

"The Saudis will save us ! The UN will save us ! Peace ! Stability ! Reconciliation ! Elections will be held ! Dhabodhilifs are somalis too ! They have rights ! They are our people ! We must forgive them and allow them to rule ! We have to be inclusive ! Ethiopia is not to blame ! Somalis are to blame ! Ethiopia will leave and be a nice good neighbor ! The wadaads must be reined in !"

Pure unadulterated BS aala iska qancinaa. Mar-marka qaarkood, waxaa ku qabaynayso, to grab them by the collar and slap some common sense into them.

" Smack-Plap, wake up brother, Plap-Whop-Plap, open your eyes, brother. Can you not see what is happening on the ground ? Smackity-Smack Plapitty-Plap(rapid succession of a backhand left and right) How much longer will schoolgirl-like reasoning sustain you ? How much longer will you continue to deny the brutal facts on the ground ?"

I do not, for one minute, doubt their sincerity. Many of them are genuine deen-jecel and dal-jecel, but their naiveness, their willingness to submit to occupation, and their tolerating of traitors is truly appalling.

Originally posted by Peace Action:

Disagree if you must, but easy on the four letter words, they make your argument very weak especially since you think you are carrying the banner of "Islam".

I am certainly not carrying any banner, but if you are referring to the ICU in somalia, then yes they are.

^^ Biyo iyo saliid, wax la kala miiro iyagaa ufudud.

Meeshu waa meel ay rag kuwada hadlayaan. Hadday da'daadu gaadhsiisanayn inaad warka ujeedada ka raacdid , fadlan naaskaad nuugaysay u noqo. Haddaad se ra'yi ka dhiibanaysid dooda socota, tafadal.

MMA,

Naas waa la soo wada nuugay waa uun lagu kala dambeeyay. Wax ceeb ah oo ku laaban ma arko.

Hadduu se ereyga khilaafsanyahay protocol-ka website-kan, ha la iga raali noqdo waa intaas cusbahay.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Dhashiike:

[QB] from:

b. Within a period of 120 days of the signing of this agreement the TFG will act in accordance with the decision that has already been taken by the Ethiopian Government to withdraw its troops from Somalia after the deployment of a sufficient number of UN Forces

c. The ARS shall, through a solemn public statement, cease and condemn all acts of armed violence in Somalia and dissociate itself from any armed groups or individuals that do not adhere to the terms of this Agreement.

:eek: :eek:

The decision taken by Ethiopia??? (Itoobiya face-saving looga dhigayaa intaa). Oo haddii intan la ogolaan maxaa ciyaalka Iidaale loogu dhamaynayeey when Sheekh Shariif oo AK-47 wataa uu TV'ga ka hadlayay.

There is no agreement here. Those who are fighting in Somalia will continue to fight. Those who tired along the way will either go to the TFG or just rest. That is quite normal in all struggles. But this cheap men in Djibouti will achieve nothing. They betrayed thier friends.If they want peace, they should have made one with their own groups first.

Juje   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

quote: Those who want to continue with roadside bombs and suicide bombing regardless of the innocent victis of their acts and its retaliation should and will be condemned jointly

You have been condeming for the past 18 months. What have you achieved ? Jack J. Shit. The Resistance has never been stronger than today. And your TFG has never been weaker.

Marka, by all means, condemn away. Spite and bitterness meesha ay ku gaarseeso aan aragno.
Saxiib the difference amid you and I is 'danqansho' while you want to egg on the senseless brutal clashing whose victims are neither you and I but the millions who fled to the outskirts and the hundreds who perished (Allah uu wada naxaristo..amiin) or are either severally wounded from rockets fired, artillery shells, land mines or even orchestrated assassination - I want all this to come to an end.

Yes the Peace pact is fragile and there is a question whether the representatives of the Alliance can guarantee total cease fire but it calls for hope and warrants support.

What is your main argument -Ethiopian troops - ok they will be withdrawn - you question the legitimacy of the TFG - ok there will be power sharing in which it is possible to restructure the whole of the TFG.

We will continue to fight the occupation is no longer valid sxb - the only conclusion for you to oppose this peace deal can only be termed as having personal or group interest absent from the deal.

Obviously any form of agreement will not satisfy wholly those that it concerns - nevertheless if it aims for the ideal situation then it will Insha Allah gradually harness the support it needs - as for you cyber warriors when you experience the side effects of indiscrimanate shelling and land mines is when you will probably understand the essence of this agreement.

Paragon   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

You got 1& 2 wrong adeer. I am short on time but suffice to say that this is a historic moment in somali history, and only shortsighted folks will fully oppose it. JIS is essentailly sharif's men, they are financed by xarakatul Ictisaam which is fully on board with Sharif Ahmed...

You are righ on #3. Alshabaab may very well oppose as they said many times. But they will be extremely ineffective as they the shacb begins to harvest this deals fruits. The Kindom of Saudi Arabia will show its financial and political muscles at the end of next month, and back this deal. TFG will no longer have the free hand it had before, and Sharif's team will be more responsible actors and continue to learn how to interact with the International community, and SOMALIA will be better for it.

Indhayare, dhashiike, and co and those with similar attributes will continue to shout from the sidelines...and the caravan of common sense will move forward albeit ever slowly...

:D Loved it!

First of all, any "agreement" should have unequivocally stated Shariah as the law of our Muslim land and condemned in the strongest terms the atrocities and deliberate starving of civilians by the Warlords and their Ethiopian sponsors, calling for investigations into the world worst humanitarian crisis, as widely requested.

Yet, the biggest joke is the UN rushing in "Peackeepers", moreover from "Friendly States", and in sufficient numbers, all within 4 months, as implied in the "Djibouti Peace Agreement"!

What was the point of the countless sacrifices (as well as the centuries-old resistance) if Ethiopia get both a face-saving device and a pretext for its occupation, albeit a surreal one that will hardly mitigate its losses?

Castro   

Originally posted by Abu-Salman:

First of all, the agreement should have unequivocally stated Shariah as the law of our Muslim land

Not even Somalis are ready for Sharicah as the law of the land so let's not get too excited.

and condemned in the strongest terms the atrocities and deliberate starving of civilians by the Warlords and their Ethiopian sponsors, calling for investigations, as widely requested.

Absolutely. This agreement deliberately ignores the obscenity of the very violent death of 10,000 and the displacement of 1,000,000 in just over a year.

Yet, the biggest joke is the UN rushing in "Peackeepers", moreover from "Friendly States", and in sufficient numbers, all within 4 months!

Spot on. The UN is about as useful and trustworthy as the geriatric dabodhilif Cabdilaahi Yuusuf.

NGONGE   

^^ The last time the UN sent friendly troops, 25 Paki soldiers were killed. Those that love fighting will carry on fighting even if there were no outside troops in Somalia.

ps

Xiin worries me these days. Where is all this hope coming from, saaxib? This agreement is as good as the fancy paper it's written on. Same old, same old...

N.O.R.F   

^^Xiin, refuses to acknowledge reality. I will simply quote what I stated in an earlier thread.

A great step in the right direction no doubt. But, as a person who likes to look at things in detail (especially concerning contractual agreements), I think comments on the ambiguity of some of the points in that agreement are fully justified. One must start looking at things analytically and pick up any short-comings if they want progress. The areas of concern may or may not be manipulated by certain parties. But it is always worth being aware that there are grey areas.

Some good points have been made by other nomads. hope Somalia has not been sold short.

On the question of the atrocities, it would not have been wise to bring the issue to the fore as no timetable would have been agreed on. In fact nothing on what to do about those with blood on their hands should be mentioned until the Ethios are out. Once a PROPER govnt is in place and those in power today lose their political immunity is the time to deal with it. Not now. Beside there is no legal system in place anyway (Shariica).

NGONGE, awoowe waqti badan ma hayyo laakiin let me say few things.

Few months ago, some people thought that somalis will never sit down, and agree on something. Well, today somali parties met and agreed on something. Yet, it's a start. It's not complete. What it represents though is a begining of new politics. Sharifs and co are no longer isolated. They have revived thier role in shaping, or playing a role to shape, what somalia will look like for the years to come. They are part of the team that will write the terms of conditions, if you will, of how Ethiopia will withdraw and what powersharing scheme will be right to remedy the injustices of the past. To me that is a great milestone.

I have no crystal ball, as Castro claims he has, but my common sense tells me if this agreement results in the withdrawal of Ethiopian troops, the dynamics of Somali conflict will fundamentally change. One can always comeback and retort that Ethiopia will never withdraw. But throughout the course of this conflict we heard assertions, or similar prophecies that time refused to validate or honor. 4 months will expire in no time. But those who lack the power of positive thinking or have no patience or just somehow have no consideration to the humanitarian side of this conflict will always and consistently find excuses to oppose any peaceful settlement of the Somali conflict.

If you read what those who oppose this conflict write, you don’t find any alternative path to this conflict. Theirs is more wars, more violence, and endless threats. And I don’t find such positions appealing at all. Others like me, on the other hand, say that this is a good step, and a source for hope for Somalia. Of course much will depend on how it gets implemented, especially whether Ethiopian troops will withdraw in a timely fashion. There will be another meeting in Saudi Arabia I heard so the details of these implementations can be further discussed…

Anyways saaxiib, time will tell IA.