Sign in to follow this  
OLOL

Somalia on Yahoo Hot Zone

OLOL   

Somalia has became the butt of joke of the world. I hope that this blog will open the eyes of those Somalis obsessed with clan-nism.

Just read the postings on how people see us as primitive savages who are so ignorant and so backward and who do't deserve any sympathy at all.

I am ashamed of this and I can't do nothing about it. Cos it is an inescapable truth. Just even here we are still perpetuating the same ignorance and clannish mentality that have destroyed us.

And please spare me of clan bashing and so on for we did this to ourselves collectively.

http://hotzone.yahoo.com/

uchi   

OMG - Somalia's Garbage Scavengers.

- The characters in this peice are some what Veterans from the 1977 Ethiopian war. I feel so sorry for them, and at the same time ashamed.

When will this nightmare end.

Castro   

Originally posted by uchi:

When will this nightmare end.

When natural selection has taken its course.

Let me explain. It's fair to assume our current predicament is due to many reasons none greater than clannism and the severe myopia that accompanies it. Seeing that myopia is a defect in vision, it is also fair to assume that those who are afflicted with it will soon become prey or have difficulty finding mates to produce myopic offspring with.

Take that anology one level up. If clannist Somalis maintain this toxic blend of ignorance and arrogance (myopia), they will eventually become victims of such deadly path (prey) or will find no suitable, non-myopic, mates to reproduce with. Either way, they will eventually die off. We will then be left with those whom nature bestowed with perfect vision and endurance (to survive periods of myopic rule).

Rejoice for that time is near.

Ilaahayoow, adigaa waaxid eh. Hadee qabqabliyaasha saan ku noolaan lahayeen maxaa ku faraxsanaan lahaa. Nasiibxumo dadkii Soomaaliya usoo halgamay, oo wax walba u huray maanta qashin qub haku qaraabtaan. Eeboow, adigaa caadil eh, ummadaada dhibaateysan u gargaar.

warka5ff.jpg

warka17nj.jpg

warka25nu.jpg

warka38tu.jpg

Yaa ogaada wadamada qaarkood ereyga "veteran" qof markii lagu sheego markee maqlaan waa u istaagaan qofkaas, xishmad heerkaas ee ugu qabaan dad wadankooda usoo halgamay, anagana we treat ours like this. Yaa Rabiyoow Raxmaan!

NASSIR   

Olol, You tend to differ your cognizance of the matter and your behavior as i perceived from your writings in this site.

Knowing Somalia is a hostage to these war-lords, why do you strive to paint a gloomy picture of the TFG whose main priority is to reconstitute a government that would work in Somalia. I understand you are opposed to Abdilahi Yusuf individually based on prototypes that he is biased againt the main group in Mogadisho. It is the people of Mogadisho that he is building a working administration for, not the other way. And even if he is contriving for self-aggrandizement, advanced as a legitimate claim by the war-lords, he won't overstay his tenure. So, isn’t it important the we give peace a chance and support the government?

OLOL   

Caamir...I hate warlords unlike many charlatans here. I can sense hypocrisy and I know how double dealing and insincere most Somalis are.

Yeey is by far the most cunning and ruthless tribalist, the epitome of clannish autocracy. He is good in manipulating and dividing Somalis, telling them what they want to hear,clan bashing & regional arrognace. He has no leadership quality and is an awful man.

He already decieving and changing naïve honest people into zombies for the realization of his clannish objective. This man is a true Somali Machiavelli. Unlike his ****** opponent warlords, Yeey has a long-term goal built on clannish ascendancy for entrenched plunder and the reemergence of primitive nepotistic clannish rule. I can't accept the rule and supremacy of certain clans whose whole mentality is so backward and so provincial.

Somalis fought with Siad because of what Yeey and his clique are dreaming of.

I am suspicious of the unreserved backing by his clansmen, specially, the ones in the Diaspora who all of sudden became brainless cheerleaders for a warlord.

I won’t lie to myself in believing the unattainable. Somalia needs no more tribalism and warlords will never bring peaceful end to our quagmire.

I am so proud of the people of Somaliland and congratulate them for their progressive peaceful attempt to get recognition and to attain peace.

RedSea   

Brother Olol thanks for the post.

I am surprise you still have hope in Somali people to change their attitude towards each other and their country. However bear in mind that Somalia has been in civil war for the past 14 or so, and if that couldn't open eyes then I don't what will. Stop wasting your breath and pray for Allah to Open their eyes for them.

Thanks sxb. for the post