Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

Press Release for Abducted Somali Citizens

Som@li   

Press Release for Abducted Somali Citizens

Press Release

We the elders and the tribal leaders of the following three abducted young men are calling for the immediate and unconditional release of all six young men who were abducted and hijacked by French forces on Friday 11 April, 2008. Three of these young men belong to Rer-Omar tribe, (Majeirteen) in which we represent. We the elders are here to certify that these three young men did not belong to any so called piracy group, nor do they took part of any piracy activities, rather they were travelling peacefully on Somali soil when they were terrorized, humiliated and abducted by French commandos.

If the French forces failed to arrest the criminals who hijacked their ship, then we will not allow our innocent sons to be used as scapegoat.

On the other hand, we and the rest of puntland people are aware that those who were responsible for this particular criminal piracy are free and enjoying the ransom money while our innocent young men are being abducted, labeled and arrested wrongly.

Thus, once again we are asking the French Government to come to its sense and admit their mistake (impossible mission) and not embarrass its image further.

We are also demanding from the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia (TFG) not to allow innocent Somali citizens to be abducted and put in third country prison and their kangaroo justice. This will not only damage the TFG image but it will also show that there are not capable of defending the rights of the Citizen they suppose to serve and protect, thus, we hope the President Yusuf, Prime Minister Nur and Foreign Minister Jangeli will advocate and demand the release of following innocent Somalia Citizens.

1. Mahamed Said Mahamud (Rer Omar)

2. Abdi-Dahir Guled Aw-Said (Rer Omar)

3. Abdul-Kadir Guled Aw-Said (Rer Omar)

As well as the other three Somali Citizens.

A. M. Aw-Osman

Garowe, Somalia

If any further information is required we encourage you to contact: freeoursons@gmail.com

"If the French forces failed to arrest the criminals who hijacked their ship, then we will not allow our innocent sons to be used as scapegoat."

Is it possible that the accused detainees were innocent that the French military operation mistook them as pirates?

LANDER   

It is possible also that these elders are just trying to save their tribal sons from a lifetime in prison. It is also very possible that the paper government known as TFG may disagree to the rubber stamp asked by the french government in order to put the pirates on trial. It is also likely that A/Yusuf has actively benefited from the piracy that has been rampant along Puntland. It is also highly likely that the French government will still put these petty thieves on trial without the rubber stamping of the TFG. What remains unanswered? Just how likely all of the said assumptions are.

Thankful   

The secessionistland tribal enclave never ceases to amaze me on how they take ever opportunity to whine about the TFG and President Abdullahi Yusuf, their biggest threat towards their unattainable dream. But whatever.

On this topic, I'll be honest with you guys. I've been all over Somalia and must say that with all the suffering people had gone through and civil war, Islam kept them out of a lot of evil that would have taken over many other societies.

With that being said, I was also shocked how so many people thought they can make their own rules up and believed they could sneak their way out of facing justice from any crime they committed. Usually this is a result of what tribe they belong to. Case in point is this article; if you notice the so-called new release only mentioned by name the release of the 3 hostages that belonging to their tribe. I read in another article that some elders admit to 2 of the 6 were pirates and the rest were selling khat. That's what I noticed when I was there to, they don't realize that if you aid pirates you are just as guilty as they are. If you went there to pick them up, you are the same as them. Even though they have to be found guilty in a court of law and the hostages must identify them, our people need to realize that even though they break guys out of jail back home and pay money to get them out. They are eventually going to pay justice somewhere. It's one thing if they want to rob the citizens of their land and expect to get away with it, but if they are going to start doing it to other nationalities they better expect to deal with the consequences.

Oh yeah, no hostages were killed or injured, there's no way they can get life in prison.

Fabregas   

This story is an abosolute disgrace regardless of whether or not they are guilty or otherwise. The French authorities are behaving with self righteous colonial imperialism. All Somalis should condemn for their behaviour and seek for the men to be returned and tried in Somalia!

the french missing with malis now!! lool.. yo, all i can think to say to them homies... heey whats the probleem!!

some how u got the feeling the new pres there has hollywood Arnold attitude...! ce la vie.

that 4 sure aint gonna get him 2 far.

if you do the crime, you must do the time! I hope they get life in prison. People like this make it harder for the thousands of people in need of help from getting aid because everybody is scared to even help us. Land isbaaro, now a sea isbaaro, we have only airplanes left to be hijacked in Somalia.

homie!! this looks like another of punch of innocent ppl that were traded for culprits who did the original crime...!

how can 1 just stop a truck, grab ppl and claim they were the hi-jackers!! that dont make no sense at all...!

plz read the fact n say the true thing! dont be no just a lose tongue!! defending uncle.

Abtigiis   

Call it instinct, but i feel the french failed to capture the pirates. come on, we all know somali pirates are sophesticated. on the other hand, it is entirely possible elders are trying to exonerate clan-boys of their wrong doings. It happens so frequently.

Somalipride, I thibnk the TFG and it spresident are a disgrace. and Somalipride is severlely damaged by the recolonization they spearheaded. At least, The Hargeisawi's are ruling themseleves.

Somalipride,

It is true that real pirates got away with the ransom money and some shaxaadoon got arrested. As you say committing crime and assisting a criminal is also a crime. This young men must be regretting now going near that hijaked ship.

The other news that I have heard is that Puntland marines went to the area one week before this happened and asked the hijakers to release the the ship but they refused. The information I have is that Puntland was aware of this and allowed the French to proceed with capturing these pirates.

Thankful   

You're right Peace Action and it's possible! These guys are really organized and there are many people involved in these kidnappings/hijackings. As sad as it sounds, I hear that even when Puntland officials spoke to elders and ask them to assist in convincing these criminals to release these people, they sided with the kidnappers. There's huge money involved in this business and it poisons a lot of people (2 million for this boat alone). Still I don’t get how they can kidnap nurses that were caring for orphans.

I'm sure many of the pirates and others involved got away. Puntland has such a long coast, where the Gulf of Aden and Indian Ocean meet. Many ships that want to avoid Yemeni Waters and the possibility of being searched and seized take their chances with the unguarded Somali waters. These guys aren't doing Puntland a benefit anyways and in no way looking out for its interest, it is one thing if they went after a ship that was fishing illegally or dumping waste, but they are just going after yachts and other expensive targets to fatten their pockets.